• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discussion of the day -God, heaven and hell.. what's your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its impossible to argue with you over this, you're too thickheaded to see my points and think them through. You keep talking in circles trying to get your already disproven points across. I'll say this one more time. Faith is not the origin of morales. The human mind is, you can access it without religion and religion has nothing to do with those thoughts. Some people may use religion as a way to back up those morales with a promise of something in the afterlife but thats not why humans "behave". And by the way, laws do cover being mean to people and "shits like that".

An atheist is someone pushing down God. He is there and trying to communicate with him, but the person keeps pushing him down deeper in his mind.

How is God trying to communicate with me? I am not pushing God down. I don't believe in religion. I believe in rational thinking.

How is God trying to communicate with me? I am not pushing God down. I don't believe in religion. I believe in rational thinking.

Your doing it right now. Oh well, i'm not very religous either. Everybody should try out a religion tho.

:p I've read the bible, no go joe.

Wouldn't it be great if everybody was cristian and nice to each other? Instead of crime, many people in prison, killing each other etc.

You associate Christianity with people being nice to others? You realize the Crusades were initiated by Christians killing millions of people. Also statistics show that religions have a greater effect on crime rates. This is a letter from an Analyst at the Federal Bureau of Prisons:

Dear Mr. Swift:

The Federal Bureau of Prisons does have statistics on religious
affiliations of inmates. The following are total number of
inmates per religion category:

Response Number %
---------------------------- --------
Catholic 29267 39.164%
Protestant 26162 35.008%
Muslim 5435 7.273%
American Indian 2408 3.222%
Nation 1734 2.320%
Rasta 1485 1.987%
Jewish 1325 1.773%
Church of Christ 1303 1.744%
Pentecostal 1093 1.463%
Moorish 1066 1.426%
Buddhist 882 1.180%
Jehovah Witness 665 0.890%
Adventist 621 0.831%
Orthodox 375 0.502%
Mormon 298 0.399%
Scientology 190 0.254%
Atheist 156 0.209%
Hindu 119 0.159%
Santeria 117 0.157%
Sikh 14 0.019%
Bahai 9 0.012%
Krishna 7 0.009%
---------------------------- --------
Total Known Responses 74731 100.001% (rounding to 3 digits does this)

Unknown/No Answer 18381
----------------------------
Total Convicted 93112 80.259% (74731) prisoners' religion is known.

Held in Custody 3856 (not surveyed due to temporary custody)
----------------------------
Total In Prisons 96968

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Denise Golumbaski
Research Analyst
Federal Bureau of Prisons

Now take a look at this article which you should find interesting.
Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' - Times Online

EDIT: BTW These stats were obtained from their computer on 5 March 1997. But religion doesn't really change much in that time so they are still noteworthy.

Not gonna read, but religon back then was church was in total power. Everybody fought for the church. They used religion to get money and power because no one can read. That's why there's crusades.

Lol you ignored the part of the post where all your points got owned, I suggest you read it. I suggest you pick up a history book because you are wrong on the Crusades as well. You are right about the Catholic church in those days, they were corrupt. But the reason for the crusades was the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the Holy Land from Muslim rule.

EDIT: if you are going to ignore the facts then I will not waste my time on this debate. You are just scared of reading incase I actually convince you that your religious thoughts are wrong. I'm sorry if I do, I am very tolerant of people and their religions but when people present stupid arguments I cannot help but give them a dose of my thoughts.

Ah, I have red it. There are things such as true cristains and the one most people are "people that say there cristain but aren't" When I went to church was quite ironic.. Everybody drinked and smoked..

Wouldn't it be great if everybody was cristian and nice to each other? Instead of crime, many people in prison, killing each other etc.

If you didn't know, Religion has caused alot of wars, crimes etc. For a couple of years ago. Here in Sweden, It was a christian church. The leader of the church which claimed herself to be "Bride of the Christ" told a member of the church that god had spoken to her, and that he told her that bad things were going to happen unless the member didn't kill a couple of persons. All this was a lie, so I don't know if everything would be better if everybody was christians.

We can be nice to each other, even if we don't belive in a god.

Btw, I don't know what you belive in, and I don't want to offend your religion. But the Catholic church is messed up. Their rules are not good.

Wasn't it god who wanted everything to be fair? ? - Well in the Catholic church, women can't become priests.
Also priests are living in celibacy, which means that they can't get married or have sex, They aren't allowed to be homosexuall. Still they are sexually abusing underaged boys, underaged boys That's not right.

So my question is: Is religion really that good?

I have yet to find a single person to give a good reason of why humanity should have religion. All seem to be in the head.

If you didn't know, Religion has caused alot of wars, crimes etc. For a couple of years ago. Here in Sweden, It was a christian church. The leader of the church which claimed herself to be "Bride of the Christ" told a member of the church that god had spoken to her, and that he told her that bad things were going to happen unless the member didn't kill a couple of persons. All this was a lie, so I don't know if everything would be better if everybody was christians.

We can be nice to each other, even if we don't belive in a god.

Btw, I don't know what you belive in, and I don't want to offend your religion. But the Catholic church is messed up. Their rules are not good.

Wasn't it god who wanted everything to be fair? ? - Well in the Catholic church, women can't become priests.
Also priests are living in celibacy, which means that they can't get married or have sex, They aren't allowed to be homosexuall. Still they are sexually abusing underaged boys, underaged boys That's not right.

So my question is: Is religion really that good?

I mean lets say everybody was a TRUE christian and followed a good religion with GOOD rules, like the orginal one where Jesus told us to follow. None of the problems would happen in the first place. If the woman was TRULY a christian that wouldn't of happended. If the priests followed their religion, they wouldn't of raped the boys.. Well, it just means they are going to hell.

I mean lets say everybody was a TRUE christian and followed a good religion with GOOD rules, like the orginal one where Jesus told us to follow. None of the problems would happen in the first place.

Yeah of course, everything would be peacefull. But I personally don't think that we would be this far in for an example technology if we lived like Jesus wanted us to live.

I mean lets say everybody was a TRUE christian and followed a good religion with GOOD rules, like the orginal one where Jesus told us to follow. None of the problems would happen in the first place. If the woman was TRULY a christian that wouldn't of happended. If the priests followed their religion, they wouldn't of raped the boys.. Well, it just means they are going to hell.

Lol if the woman was truly a christian that wouldn't of happened? Women are forbidden to have power in the church. Devout Catholic or not. And if everyone had morales of man the world would be peaceful, has nothing todo with Christianity or any other religion. And noone goes to hell, you know what happens. Nothing. Your body decomposes. Just imagine being asleep, time doesn't matter, your body just shuts down, it'll be like that :p

Lol if the woman was truly a christian that wouldn't of happened? Women are forbidden to have power in the church. Devout Catholic or not. And if everyone had morales of man the world would be peaceful, has nothing todo with Christianity or any other religion. And noone goes to hell, you know what happens. Nothing. Your body decomposes. Just imagine being asleep, time doesn't matter, your body just shuts down, it'll be like that :p

Explain more of what will happen when we die, Mr.AllKnowing

You having no religion might explain your offensive behaviour, and why your a fucking mexican racist.
And about the crusades, thats not what Jesus wanted thats crap that made the burocrats to get more money.
Admit it, im not talking about feith but rules so you dont fucking burn in hell i think thats enough for someone to stop sinning if their real beleivers.

And for the guy saying technology is good, technology is a form to degradate our physicall conditions and create mortal weapons and keep avoiding our natural behaviour.
Technology=EVIL SHIT

You having no religion might explain your offensive behaviour, and why your a fucking mexican racist.
And about the crusades, thats not what Jesus wanted thats crap that made the burocrats to get more money.
Admit it, im not talking about feith but rules so you dont fucking burn in hell i think thats enough for someone to stop sinning if their real beleivers.

And for the guy saying technology is good, technology is a form to degradate our physicall conditions and create mortal weapons and keep avoiding our natural behaviour.
Technology=EVIL SHIT

You do realize you are typing on a computer correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back