• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling downgrading

Wavoz

Oldschooler
Reaction score
Sorry for asking a bit dumb question but i'm confused. Right now on Github there are sources for latest version? So if i would compile them by default i would get server for 10.1 version?
Is there a simple way for downgrading? Its great to have all latest functions but if i use these latest sources and just change

#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN x
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX x
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STR x

to something else, server would most likely crash?

In order to downgrade i need to start removing game features that were introduced after x version? For an example if i use client wihtout mounts then i would need to remove mounts from these sources? What if i miss some feature? Will the server crash, players debug?
How does downgrading work?

Sorry for asking a bit dumb question but i'm confused. Right now on Github there are sources for latest version? So if i would compile them by default i would get server for 10.1 version?
Is there a simple way for downgrading? Its great to have all latest functions but if i use these latest sources and just change

#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN x
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX x
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STR x

to something else, server would most likely crash?

In order to downgrade i need to start removing game features that were introduced after x version? For an example if i use client wihtout mounts then i would need to remove mounts from these sources? What if i miss some feature? Will the server crash, players debug?
How does downgrading work?

As I'm aware since Tibia 8.70, the client started to get drastic changes in the code it was made (To evade botters), though for downgrading a client version you need to have knowledge about the OpenTibia core, and both Tibia versions, otherwise you would not be able to accomplish what you want to do. Let's say for example, from Tibia 7.7 to 7.8, many things were added such as;

1. Addons (One extra byte for setOutfit and getOutfit packets)
  2. Extra Outfits
  3. Extra Monsters
  4. Extra Item (This changes the current OTB version though)
  5. Avaibility to use Hotkeys through Hotkeys (new Packet)
  6. Avaibility to use Runes through Battle List (Source Edit "You're not allowed to directly shoot players.")
That's what I can remember for 7.8, if you would like to downgrade 7.8 to 7.7, all you would had to do is remove each of these features of the code, it isn't a hard task, though, but a complex one depending on your laps.

Back