• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Elementz's Mapping Corner

Elementz

Reaction score
hey so ive been trying to learn to map and wanted you guys to gimme some tips

heres wat ill start off with :
8OtjN.png

also, wat should i try next ? not too complicated xD

It's spacey, need to fill it up a bit. More cave walls in the middle for example like in rook when you don't have premium, where you can fight trolls. So far it's good. Be creative with your Raw>Others pallet also. I get ideas from just randomly adding things to the map.

^ ill try, while i was waitin i made a nabie island

AIIav.png

^ took the boat idea from potatoe skin

I like it, it's a good shape but I'd reduce the amount of palm trees and perhaps add a few tufts in a group.

@up, their shell fish

im not sure wath behemonts look like but im hoping something like this?

UPDATED PIC :
uavbk.png

insp : leftwing

Last edited:
@Beach Image,
You should make that boat come out of the sand a bit more, I know potatoskin did it with only that one piece. But personally I feel if it came out of the sand a bit more it would feel a bit more realistic.

@Behemoths,
Great work, its starting to feel like some rocky creatures inhabit the mountain. Add some mountain ground and border it with dirt and bam, it will feel alot more realistic.

-Extro

i'll try to fix it :p thx
also, thx for the comment o.o ive been waiting to post this :

ui6cV.png

Last edited:
Error: Grass turf on the blueberry bush and the tree? Nature feels a bit out of place, try to establish a pathway to the enterance.

P.S - Cut down the pebbles.

turfs.png

These ones, and the rocks are pretty random, unless theres dirt around. Since when can you spot a rock in grass.. unless its big.

Last edited by Elementz; Today at 07:21.

ye i was trollin xD anyways, im in the process of behemoths
vSsd7.png

bump, i hate u guys xD never comment

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. Is there really something to comment? You just made some random mountain path. It's not detailed, it's not interesting, there is any structure that I could say anything constructive about. This piece can be done in 5 minutes in RME - using autoborders. I will say something about it, but you need to get it done first.

Back