• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ENOUGH! Time to change OPEN TIBIA!

Eldin

Eldin Projects
Premium User
Reaction score
Greets!
Whether its true or not, discussions are going on about dead open tibia forums, even at the most active, this one, OTland.
I believe its enough and time for a change!

The most servers out there is high experience with the real tibia map. Are their only small lazy kids playing or how can this be? :blink:
Whatever the reason is, its wrong and not what open tibia is about, atleast not what its only about.

Open Tibia is all about new thinking, sharing and creativity.
The main reason why people are using the real map is the lack of other good servers and maps.
Even if their is a few out there, they aren't shared and that's fully understandable.
But how come that people are still remaking the Evolution map? Isn't that proof enough?
So what can we all do together to fix this?

Here goes a few examples: :w00t:
*Do you have a Project or Map that you are never going to finish? SHARE IT, someone else might!
*Do you have a Nice Mapped Part, an Hunting Ground, a City, a Quest or even smaller with no idea what to use it for? SHARE IT!
*Do you have a cool script, NPC, Monster or something else that is perfectly made and nothing to do with it? SHARE!
Whatever you have that is not going to get finished or made just for fun but still are usefull and cool, give others a chance!

Open Tibia is actually not dead, its just getting started! :ninja:
I do not want to believe that everyone wants a real map with high exp, we just need new servers of all kinds that are seriously made!

Im atleast doing my best to create and finish some servers to both host and give out, its with Tibia Systems, Custom Systems, RPG servers and PvP servers.
You can follow my work at www.eldinworld.webs.com.
(Feel free to join my "Eldin Projects" group here on OTland if you support MY work)

I have also created another Group, "We Want Custom!", feel free to join it as a support for the things I just wrote.
Got other ideas of what to do? SHARE! ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Are you only a guest at this forum? REGISTER and help out! A few words means alot, specially for all the creators.

Im starting to believe it is dead afterall...

It's kind of dead.
People just want to start a server and make donate to get some real cash. Thats all they are thinking about. And all they do is asking for help to configure the server and then they never come back to otland again.
And they dont share what they done. thats the biggest problem. They can take, but they cant give.

too many "download and run" servers, no work required, no skill required, any br with a half-decent connection and a website can scam money from people then take the server down the next day

Greets! :)

A few other great comments, the "earn money part".
Thats a terrible fact, a reality, but even if you are doing it for the money, is their almost no-one out there that wants to create and share?
No-one that wants to get rid of the real map server with high exp? If thats the truth, then it all will die.
Before I'll accept that possible truth, Im about to make everything I can to give it all a change.

Still way to little support at a thread like this, even here at OTland.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Agree with tosuxo..

There is to many download/bought & run servers on the otslists.. etc. otservlist, otslist.eu. Mostly real-maps.

I've been working on a project for one year.. It's mixed.. but 100% made bymyself, sure.. i bought some scripts and also used some maps from otland.. but not more than needed.. it has a good host & also developed by many pros. and finally when its online no-one can see it on the server lists..

Anyway, there is no way to stopp these stupid "donate" servers.. unless otslist owners do something about it. Becouse they are the biggest part of making us (custom server owners) being discovered!

I made a few servers and I never used the so called "donation" feature. My servers will always be absolutely free to play, and that's because I see it pointless to get money with it, I do it for fun, after all it's just a game. Of course, it's my point of view.

Even if I also do it for fun, it takes a HUGE amount of time, so therefor, I understand why people wants some money.
Still, bad when they only make it for money! ;)

Survivoria - There you go, a nice post from you with feedback, great! :)
Are you still having the server online or did you close it? Would be nice to see what you made as you spent alot of time and some money on it.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I Agree with OP, there needs to be more `Custom`, all there is a shit-load of BR RL Map server or the exhaustive Evolution Servers.

I'm trying to lift off a server for the community:
http://otland.net/f251/community-project-official-forgotten-server-126127/

Custom Server should be a norm!

Shinmaru I like your ideas and all but your attempt at building a project kind of died. If we were to develop a server specifically for this forum that accepts user contributions I would definitely be interested in mapping for.

Biggest reason most Ot's suck because they are ran by people who only care about donations is because hosting is so f'ing expensive, you won't create a game if you wont gain from it..

Shinmaru I like your ideas and all but your attempt at building a project kind of died. If we were to develop a server specifically for this forum that accepts user contributions I would definitely be interested in mapping for.

Thanks for your input, The Idea really got positive feedback, but with little success of actual output into developing.
I like the Idea, of having open contributions from the users, but even so it needs a solid group of users that will actively work and supervise what is actually contributed, I do not mind having that everyone can drop their "2 cents" into it.

I need People to give me some advice on where to start.

Thanks for your input, The Idea really got positive feedback, but with little success of actual output into developing.
I like the Idea, of having open contributions from the users, but even so it needs a solid group of users that will actively work and supervise what is actually contributed, I do not mind having that everyone can drop their "2 cents" into it.

I need People to give me some advice on where to start.

I think this is something that could be huge, not only for this community but OT in general. I love talking ideas and discussing trends of OTs and the likes. I'll PM you my MSN, you need ideas? I'll throw millions of them at you.

I agree that playing maps that copied from Tibia aren't much fun, there's no exploring to do, and it becomes just as boring as Tibia, even faster than the usual bore rate of Tibia. I think every new server should be custom. Everyone who has the knowledge of how to put an OT up should also have enough creativity to have his/her own unique ideas for quests, raids, items, and maps. I have a bit of difficulty with the mapping bit, but I still muddle through it, not copying anyone else's, but starting on my own from square 1.

I've posted some ideas, maybe that will increase the population in custom ots

Eldin, anything you need to help revive what is still left of the Open Tibia project, let me know. I will sit here with every minute I get and map a new city a week, or a hunting area or whatever is needed to get Open Tibia to what it once was, and what it should still be today. I can't help with scripting because I'm not good at it. And I would need some help getting a 8.7x+ Map editor that I don't have to edit all the time but I will seriously help.

Back