• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] Faloria 7.4 | Custom Client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of recovery, it's not working for me. Made an account yesterday and forgot to save my account number. ;<

"Not Found

The requested URL /pages/verify.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

As mentioned its not done yet, still under construction. I was not satisfied with the previous recovery system so I am working on improving it.

As mentioned its not done yet, still under construction. I was not satisfied with the previous recovery system so I am working on improving it.

why not an reset as everyone wants? moron

Last edited:

Ah, alright. No biggie though, i made a new account. :p

why not an reset as everymode wants? moron

After a brief analysis it appears what the majority of the community wants and what I want is completely different.
Thank god this is my server, and I can do whatever I want with it. So I will make it follow my idealists.

I want to create a game server that encourages long lasting environments, where players can be equally strong regardless on how much money they want to put into it.
Where players can take long breaks and resume from where they left without being concerned of rebooting a character due to resets and such.
I award players for playing the game the way I feel its suppose to be played.

Open Tibia is not a MoBA game like DoTA, HoN or League of Legends. Its not a game where restarting the game world should be a game mechanic to drag players into the game.
And thus I will not pretend it is, whether everybody wants it or not.

The oldschool players of Faloria who played much in the start of the server, whether or not they are still playing, should have the advantage of if, they decide to come back, they still have their character to play with, they still have what they worked so hard upon in the past.

This is a game mechanic I keep precious, that many servers completely have ditched due to their wrong conceptions. That they eventually adapted to due to unstable otserv engines that crashed and fucked up their database(or couldn't afford dedicated servers and lost their database along with their host), and eventually has become something everybody suddenly are used to.

Today we are at the stage where OT servers are so stable that with a little bit of work, maintaining a stable database is not a problem. But instead of embracing this stable technology, we ruin it by erasing the database intentionally.

Not me, not this server. And if this is what you really like, then go ahead and enjoy the broad list of alternative servers to pick from.

Great I hope all 3 players enjoy their stay...
I know what ur saying but it's still stupid. I think that even the top players wants a reset. Whats the point of beeing the highest lever on this server? All you do is running around by yourself anyways.

@Znote:

Shadowcores wasn't as successful as it is now by leaving it how it was. I understand you don't want to reset - and you shouldn't have to. But Faloria lacks a strong core engine, and the website (and I know you had to make it yourself) is very limited. If you and Amoaz continued to work on the server, regardless of players, it will show them how serious you are.

And there are other ways to encourage players to start playing again, you could have slightly elevated stages for players under level x so it will have the effect of a "reset". But I believe this should only happen after a considerable amount of work has been done. I saw you post that you're going to host this server no matter what, I don't see the harm in it continuing development.

But as I said, I believe the core (Avesta) is weak. And the website, not weak, but still very limited.
Red

@Znote:

Shadowcores wasn't as successful as it is now by leaving it how it was. I understand you don't want to reset - and you shouldn't have to. But Faloria lacks a strong core engine, and the website (and I know you had to make it yourself) is very limited. If you and Amoaz continued to work on the server, regardless of players, it will show them how serious you are.

And there are other ways to encourage players to start playing again, you could have slightly elevated stages for players under level x so it will have the effect of a "reset". But I believe this should only happen after a considerable amount of work has been done. I saw you post that you're going to host this server no matter what, I don't see the harm in it continuing development.

But as I said, I believe the core (Avesta) is weak. And the website, not weak, but still very limited.
Red

I intend to continue working on it, now actually. There are times where I will be very busy and not motivated to work on the server for a month or two, this may lead to a player drop but should not mean that I should shut down or reset the server. :)

But I get where you are going, I have been very slacky recently. It is my fault that the server is at its current state. If you think I was pointing toward shadowcores then sorry I didnt intend to do that.

When it comes to the core engine, this is the only suitable engine for me. To go toward anything else would cost too much of my time. And my revision is actually fairly stable. (compared to the released one). I can run the server with 100 players online for days without crashes. And considering the current state of the server, its plenty.

Last edited:
I intend to continue working on it, now actually. There are times where I will be very busy and not motivated to work on the server for a month or two, this may lead to a player drop but should not mean that I should shut down or reset the server. :)

But I get where you are going, I have been very slacky recently. It is my fault that the server is at its current state. If you think I was pointing toward shadowcores then sorry I didnt intend to do that.

When it comes to the core engine, this is the only suitable engine for me. To go toward anything else would cost too much of my time. And my revision is actually fairly stable. (compared to the released one). I can run the server with 100 players online for days without crashes. And considering the current state of the server, its plenty.

Awesome, I'd love to see a continuation of development for the server. And it's okay, we all get slacky more often than not :)

And I didn't think you were pointing toward shadowcores - I was just mentioning how they had problems and weren't forced to reset to get players, so it's not impossible :)

I suppose there's not a whole lot you can do since 7.4 is so outdated :(

Red

Is there any good reason why its slower then rl-tibia? Exp wise.

Is there any good reason why its slower then rl-tibia? Exp wise.

Its actually way faster.

While we have the same exprate, you only need like 420 exp for level 8, while you need 4200 exp for level 8 in "rl tibia".

Its actually way faster.

While we have the same exprate, you only need like 420 exp for level 8, while you need 4200 exp for level 8 in "rl tibia".
Ye ok you get a fast start and then later on it will go 20% slower then rl tibia.. Thats stupid imo

Ye ok you get a fast start and then later on it will go 20% slower then rl tibia.. Thats stupid imo

Nop. The highest level on our server have still not reached that stage, so its fine. Once you get that kind of level you are so strong that it won't be a downside.
Update Time:
- Account recovery system works!

http://faloria.eu/pages/frontpage.php
(Click on Recover Account below login).

Last edited:
Dude u have left ur server online for 2 months soon and nobody wants to play your server but yea as u said lets wait for some dumbfuck who wants to exp his character again with 0 playrs online

Update:
- Fixed a small bug, you can now create female characters.
- You can now buy character gender ticket from shop, the ticket is unlimited and will work on all characters on your account.

http://faloria.eu

Status
Not open for further replies.