• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Hardcore Server is looking for a Team

Rotflturion

I like Toes
Reaction score
Hello.

[TL: DRs Scroll down here]
Firstly, let me introduce myself - My name is Adrian, I'm 26 years old and I'm working with Open Tibia since it first came out [that is the times, when there were no NPC, monsters or spawns yet, and there was only one map Z level :)]
In the real world, I'm an IT guy - my specs are programming and computer graphics. I enjoy good RPG, and most importantly for the project - all kinds of challenges.

Lately, I have started working on a Hardcore OT Server. What do I mean by Hardcore? To be honest, I dislike how the most servers [and the real Tibia nowadays] are made - high exp rate, secluded [and asy to get to using teleportals] hunting areas, tiny maps, so you don't have to walk for too long, protections from being trapped/roped/lured on/robbed/raped, everything made so the player has it as easy as possible. When it comes to how I see Tibia - this is wrong.
What I loved about the game back then, was that you were NEVER really sure what will happen to you in the game - will someone see you transporting your lootbag, and steal it? Is there a ton of trolls lured into the hole you're about to jump in? Will the long travel from Thais to Carlin get you that Giant Sword you wanted to buy for so long, or will it result in a painful death at Dwarven Bridge by lured giant spiders, where you lose half of your equipment?

The server I have in mind is going to try, and bring all those back into Tibia. No pussypant teleporters, no baby anti-bad-guy protections - just an open, and unexplored world full of challenges and dangers awaiting your tiny and vulnerable character.
[TL: DR End]

Now, the main features I am thinking of:
- Exp rate as low as 2-3x, AT ALL TIMES
- High loss rate at death [25%], will make going out even more dangerous [Tr: exciting], and having blessings/AOL important
- Custom map, with big areas, where you have to actually explore to find anything, and not have it all stuffed in one room with teleports
- Quests including actual story / posing a challenge to the players with brains - you have to talk to npc's, solve riddles, explore - instead of just go to a chest with a high level friend, loot it and come back
- Several custom systems making the gameplay less dull, and more interesting right from the start [mining system, altered fishing and gathering systems, crafting system]
- Special bosses - think old style Ferumbras, as a buffed character led by an actual person, and not the game AI
- A team of 'proffesionals' taking care of the project - that means no "cheated" characters played by the GM's [except the special bosses], friends who benefit from knowing a high ranker or unfair banishments "just because".
- The server version will be staying at 8.6, as it was in my opinion the last "non candied" version of the game

Who are we looking for right now:
-
A team of dedicated testers, who will go throught the game playing as usual, and report all the bugs they find / suggest changes - as a tribute to The Noob, let's call them "Asuckers"
- Storywriters and quest designers - LUA knowledge will be welcome, but not necessary
- LUA coders - I can do the coding just fine, but more help is always welcome
- We will not be handing GM's/Admins to people straight away - those will be hand-picked from the Asucker team, when the project Leader [that would be me] decides they are needed and worthy of it.

What do we have so far [as of the moment I am posting this]:
-
Most of the additional system scripts
- A big part of the starting island and spawn, including the first mission and an NPC for it, ideas for how is the game world going to look like

In case of noone being interested, I am going to pull the project myself due to me having to do everything myself, from mapping, coding and creating the world, to testing everything - it will not fall, it will just take more time to be playable [I won't say "complete", as with regular updates it will never be actually "done and finished" - there will always be new stuff coming!]

If you're interested in joining the team, or helping the project in any other way, please contact me on my e-mail: [email protected]

You open a hardcore server with the most botused client. What is so hardcore about that?

Can you define what do You mean by "hardcore"? Did you read my definition? :)

I would love to see someone bot in the world I have in mind - with people, lured monsters, rocks, plants and everything else trying to kill them [also, what's the point of botting, if you lose more than you gain?]

If you mean aimbots and stuff like that, it can be helped. :)

Let's take mining as an example. Let's say you put up a bot to mine for you, and go have some bacon irl: Picks break. You will mine crap like stones or bones, that will fill your backpack. Skeletons will be summoned and attack you - and if people would try just using high levels, the skeletons can be changed to be immortal, and able to be killed only by using an item on them. People will try and kill you, by fire fields and by steel. You might become infected. You might die in so many fun ways, if not countered quickly enought. I do have in mind normal players mining, and the features won't be made as to make their life harder if you are there, and can counter the disasters - but they will certainly make botting harder.

Last edited:
Botters dont care about deaths if they can put it on a rotworm cave and go back to sleep, unless u aim to remove unjust and skulls that would indeed make botters life harder but also fair player as they would have to face Ppl who are There only to destroy. I like the idea, just dont find it so hardcore if u have tools to help you.

Luckily, there will be no simple "rotworm caves" - as I said, luring was a big part of the excitement in the old Tibias [for some it may be a bad thing, but it was a challenge nevertheless], therefore even in a simple rotworm cave there might be other cave systems connected from which people can simply rope something stronger onto the botter. And if he's a high level - I think it's worth killing him for the drops then :)

As for the skulls - I was thinking about setting it as PVP-enforced, but as you said, it would result in normal players not being able to enjoy the game [as it's an OT server people care about their characters less, so there would inevitably be teams of people who just stand around town exits and such, and kill everyone for the fun of it] - I will, tho, put the amount of kills needed for a red skull up :)

I am very aware people are going to try and use bots and whatever they can find, but I will also not be leaving the project to go by itself - I'm going to actively prevent any kind of cheating I can find, even if it takes editing sources and writing my own automatic bot prevention system [like the auto bans in Tibia] - C++ is not really my favourite, but if botters piss me off, who knows.

Last edited:
Back