• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Harry Potter Online - Aftermath

tosuxo

Reaction score
Well, I've just decided that Harry Potter Online deserves a second chance. What does this mean? Well it means that I need some new staff, every role other than Hoster and Scripter needs filling. So:

Positions:
Hoster - FILLED
Scripter - FILLED
Mappers - OPEN - OPEN
Sprite Artist - OPEN
Spell & Monster/NPC Creators - OPEN - OPEN
Community Support - Kyoshiro - OPEN - OPEN
Creative Support (Idea brainstorming) - OPEN - OPEN

About the server:
Harry Potter Online is a custom Open-Tibia server based in the Harry Potter Universe (after the books). The server is already at a stage where it can be launched for the public to access, with an 8mb map already created. All of the monsters will be custom (sprites if possible).

What's in it for you?
Well first of all a share of the donations (server fees priority, then further donations shared). Second you get to work on an original server, with original scripts and a custom gameplay environment.

What are some of the existing features?
-Completely RPG Supportive game environment (including custom shops)
-Farming and Bar Ownership is important, with these being one of the biggest ways to make money in the game!
-Custom economy - which includes its own tax system!
-Player-run government - run for election and control a LOT of the server including the minor rules (only full rule is no cheating!)
-Custom sprites for items and other objects
-New food system (instant heal from food and potions, but potions naturally give more)
-Potion making system (wolf paws etc have a use now)
-Custom PVP (engage in the PVP system or disable it IN GAME!)
-Be good or evil! (both will have access to a guildhall with special features available only to them)
-Ministry of Magic jobs! - get paid to work for the ministry, with jobs such as Auror and Ministry Entertainment & Sports etc (further jobs to be decided)
-Own a custom shop! if you give us the ideas you've had, we'll do our best to support you!

Server website will be coming soon, however this is not finalised yet.
Please apply in this thread for any positions you would like to attempt to fill. Mappers etc please also post examples of your work or experience you've had. If you are successful I will contact you via PM for further contact details.

Thank you for your time reading this thread and even if you do not get a position on the server, we would love for you to join us on the server when it's live!

Last edited:
i'm creating a same project. go plus!
creatING, this is almost finished, just small things to make this project rock, got a custom PVP system to implement including base wars, just need to port the scripts from another project I worked on

It failed once dude,
Why try again- it's a failed target, i suppose some people's imagination's run wild imao
Anyway have fun trying =)
that's what it's all about ^_^

It failed once dude,
Why try again- it's a failed target, i suppose some people's imagination's run wild imao
Anyway have fun trying =)
that's what it's all about ^_^
It didn't fail, I took it down because I didn't have the time for it and ran out of inspiration to re-launch or improve it. Now I've got way more time for it and am looking forward to getting this game the attention it deserves ;)
I know now where the flaws of the server were, before (in my own arrogance, I admit) I ignored the warning signs of problems that could cause the server to fail. I've learnt from the failures (not the project in general, just some aspects) of the past and make this way better :)

Edit: I also tried to do the entire project alone, too much work for 1 person

Aren't scripters creating all types of scripts. I mean why do you need separate scripters and npc/spell scripters? Wish you good luck guys.

Aren't scripters creating all types of scripts. I mean why do you need separate scripters and npc/spell scripters? Wish you good luck guys.

so the pro scripters dont waste their time doing some npc instead of a huge script, so he get the noob scripter for the npc thingy and a pro for the big ones.

ontopic; I'd like to apply as brain stormer or what ever you call it, since I can give you great ideas running this project.

Tutor Positions - OPEN - OPEN - OPEN - OPEN - OPEN - OPEN
I would suggest removing this part in your open jobs.
Why? Because a Tutor and or Senior Tutor is a player who has knowledge in the most important aspects on the game. I would suggest you look for these after the server is done, and sense if you don't have a map right now, a Tutor position for anyone is completely useless. understand what I'm saying.
Btw good luck on your project :) ..

I would suggest removing this part in your open jobs.
Why? Because a Tutor and or Senior Tutor is a player who has knowledge in the most important aspects on the game. I would suggest you look for these after the server is done, and sense if you don't have a map right now, a Tutor position for anyone is completely useless. understand what I'm saying.
Btw good luck on your project :) ..

Good point, I'm a little tired, so that's my poor excuse ;)
I'll remove this from the staff list lol

so the pro scripters dont waste their time doing some npc instead of a huge script, so he get the noob scripter for the npc thingy and a pro for the big ones.

ontopic; I'd like to apply as brain stormer or what ever you call it, since I can give you great ideas running this project.
I'll PM you in a bit, just watching films with the missus for a few hours :) I couldn't have put it better than you said, other than not calling less skilled scripters "noobs" lol xD
we all started learning somewhere :p

I would like to apply as a tutor position. You already know me, played ur last Harry-Potter server and i remember some things that u showed me.
You got me in msn so u can contact me there if u want something.

I would like to apply as a tutor position. You already know me, played ur last Harry-Potter server and i remember some things that u showed me.
You got me in msn so u can contact me there if u want something.
you think you have to apply? :p
you held a community support position before, do you want to return to that role?

Wrong, I have used npc's in very intricate scripts and some as the base of the entire script. Though for simple shop NPCs I can see the job for this. But if have a 'pro' scripter doing them they get done 100x faster and they are most likely going to be efficient (depending on who you have doing them).
I always that this was an interesting concept and I wish the best of luck to you. If this was still a hobby of mine and I was still in highschool living with my parents then I could devote my free time to it without compensation but the only way I can justify spending time on a script nowadays is if theres some sort of monetary gain. So if there's something you need that your guy can't do send me a message and I can do it for you for a discounted price since it would be fun to create. Good luck again, hope it goes well.

Wrong, I have used npc's in very intricate scripts and some as the base of the entire script. Though for simple shop NPCs I can see the job for this. But if have a 'pro' scripter doing them they get done 100x faster and they are most likely going to be efficient (depending on who you have doing them).
I always that this was an interesting concept and I wish the best of luck to you. If this was still a hobby of mine and I was still in highschool living with my parents then I could devote my free time to it without compensation but the only way I can justify spending time on a script nowadays is if theres some sort of monetary gain. So if there's something you need that your guy can't do send me a message and I can do it for you for a discounted price since it would be fun to create. Good luck again, hope it goes well.

It depends, most of the NPCs are just simple shop NPCs, any quests etc I would do the entire script for myself. As for monsters, they're basic and easy and there needs to be quite a few of them added so that's why lol.

I'll keep you in mind if I'm struggling with any kind of script, and obviously you'd be reimbursed for your work ;)

Update on the server: we're opening the test tonight hopefully. I will have some areas cordoned off because of incomplete/not 100% ready scripts. Please note that this test will be an incomplete server, but functional.

Will be alot of fun to play this OT :) Played it before and is still going to play it:D

bump:
harrypotteronline.dyndns.org server online for testing :)
download link:
HPO1 zip (note: crashes if you don't use custom client)

Back