• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Hello, resetting router

Nikkster

Programmer
Reaction score
Hi, I only have one question right now. I want to reset my router so I can login with the basic username and password. But however, last time I did that, I had to go to every computer in my home (6 computers) and configure the router because the internet stopped working and everything just screwed up. However, I don't want to do that mistake again, but this time I just want to reset to the old password and username. Please anyone have a kind soul to explain me if this works, and then how?

To the one who's helping I will give reputation++ to.

Write down configuration information such as IP addresses, security keys, opened ports and services, etc., that you modified. (The default username is admin and the password is either password or 1234. Try these before resetting the router.)

1. Press the reset button on the back until the test light blinks. This takes about 10 seconds. (To avoid accidental resets, the small button is recessed. Use a pen or paperclip to access it.)
2. Release the button.
3. Wait for the router to reboot.
4. Log in with the default password.

If the router was not cleared, try these additional steps AFTER the router has finished rebooting.
5. Unplug the router's power.
6. Press and hold the reset button. While the button is held down, reconnect router's power.
7. Continue to hold the reset button for 20 seconds after reconnecting the power.
8. Wait for the router to reboot.
9. Log in with the default password.

Write down configuration information such as IP addresses, security keys, opened ports and services, etc., that you modified. (The default username is admin and the password is either password or 1234. Try these before resetting the router.)

1. Press the reset button on the back until the test light blinks. This takes about 10 seconds. (To avoid accidental resets, the small button is recessed. Use a pen or paperclip to access it.)
2. Release the button.
3. Wait for the router to reboot.
4. Log in with the default password.

If the router was not cleared, try these additional steps AFTER the router has finished rebooting.
5. Unplug the router's power.
6. Press and hold the reset button. While the button is held down, reconnect router's power.
7. Continue to hold the reset button for 20 seconds after reconnecting the power.
8. Wait for the router to reboot.
9. Log in with the default password.

Yes but, that wasn't really my problem. I know everything about that, but my question was if it works to reset the router without needing to reconfigure the router again, so I just can login with the default user name and password. Using an d-link 624+.

mmmm its probably because u have Apache running, turn it off and then log into the router.

What has that to do with anything?
I kindish prettish much doubt that turning off Apache will make the password reset, it's worth a try!

-edit-
Didn't work, aooo I really thought it would! =((((

Last edited:
You can change the password from the router control panel, if you do not have access to the password and cannot login, you cannot change it, and the only option would be to reset the router (which removes all your settings).

@Pierroth: Actually no, localhost is an internal DNS which is the equivelant of 127.0.0.1, which means "inside of your local system" and is used when connecting IP-requiring applications to a resource hosted on the same system.
Routers is classified as an "external resource" and isnt covered by "localhost", thus even if you are connected to a router, typing "localhost" would still connect you to your local system. Routers on the other hand usually requires you to connect to its LAN ip, usually "192.168.0.0" or "192.168.0.1", to access the control panel.
And such, it dosnt matter wether or not you have Apache running or not, since "localhost" will always redirect to your own computer (unless some virus/spyware/program messed with the hosts file), while "192.168.0.1" (or whatever is your routers assigned LAN IP) will always redirect to your routers control panel.

Back