• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[HOT!] Ideas/Suggestions of this new OpenTibia Server!

Make your vote!

• Global tibia map with the 7.4 sprites.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Global tibia map with the 7.1 sprites.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Custom tibia map with the 7.4 sprites.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Custom tibia map with the 7.1 sprites.

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vee

Oldschool Tibia
Reaction score
Hello my fellow OTland inhabitants,

Recently I've started with the idea of creating a new OpenTibia Server.
Unlike the most servers, this one is in an early stage of Tibia, version 7.4.

As I'm an oldschool mapper and as I own a fully working copy of the Tibia map from version 7.4,
I'd like to let the community decide between a global tibia map version 7.4 or a custom tibia map version 7.4.

Also, you people may decide whether to use the regular 7.4 sprites for this server or the 7.1 sprites.
You can see the differences in the screenshots below.

Screenshot of the thaian depot with the 7.4 sprites
b4tetw.jpg

Screenshot of the thaian depot with the 7.1 sprites
14bnhft.jpg

Decisions, decisions...
Please vote the poll and discuss about this server in this thread.
Taking the highest vote on 17th July.

Regards,
Vee

Yeah, I voted for the 7.1 myself aswell, somehow I feel better when playing using the old sprites.

Ive seen more then enough old school global maps server i would like to see customized map especially since ive seen some of your works on msn it looks very good! Wish ya goodluck with your serv if you want to start a 7.1-7.4 serv i suggest use.a 7.7 serv with the other graphics things supoorted with 7.1 or 4 setups so more people can play with lesser lag! Ive also saw once a oldschool POI wich is also a good idea same for other hard quests in real

Well, I'm using a 7.4 distro which works without any errors. I'll fix some graphic engine problems concerning people using Windows Vista+
If the voting results in a custom server then you can look forward to the best quest there have ever been in the old days. Old Tibia quest weren't much of roly-playing as almost every quest were "kill 'n receive" quests.

Thanks for comments/votes so far.

I think the poll says it all, make it "Custom tibia map with the 7.1 sprites.".

Yeah, I actually was hoping people would choose for the "custom map with 7.1 sprites", this way I can map and script some new stuff I have never done before. But, if the people still vote for the global map, then I don't mind putting that one online instead.

However, voting is still possible!

As the majority voted for a custom tibia map with 7.1 sprites and as noone hardly checks this thread anymore, I decided to create the custom tibia map with 7.1 sprites.

Thanks everyone for taking your time to vote and leave your opinion about the server. I will make a new thread to keep those who are interested up-to-date.

@Mods; please close this thread as it's for no use to keep it open.

Regards,
Vee

Back