• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How can i connect computers to a TFS through lan?

Obsdark

Reaction score
Hello

I have troubles to connect to the internet my server because of some security mecanism in the enviroment i'm working on, however, meanwhile we develop it we like to have the chance of connect another computer to it through lan besides the server one to do some tests.

i have several questions about it:
---Server/Client related ones---
1) Is there any way to do this?

2) How we can solve the ip issue to do this connection possible?

3) How can i do it then?

--OTClient related ones--
3) Is the OTclient capable of work in this circumstances?

4) What ports requeire the OTClient to properly work?

Thanks in advance

Question unclear, but maybe you should just try connecting to your server's ipv4.

For external connections to your server, port 7171 and 7172 should be forwarded and players need to use the ik geven to you by your Is.

If your network permissions are limiter, you should take a look Hamachi.

connect to the same router/modem... "/ipconfig /all" on the server computer.. set the server to your hosts ip4 address.... the other computer has to change ip to your ip4 address, you still have to forward your ports and have firewall open. It does work tho.

Question unclear, but maybe you should just try connecting to your server's ipv4.

For external connections to your server, port 7171 and 7172 should be forwarded and players need to use the ik geven to you by your Is.

If your network permissions are limiter, you should take a look Hamachi.

Tell me what additional info you need and i'll add to the main post later, tnx in any case.

connect to the same router/modem... "/ipconfig /all" on the server computer.. set the server to your hosts ip4 address.... the other computer has to change ip to your ip4 address, you still have to forward your ports and have firewall open. It does work tho.

It's an excelent idea xKrazyx, did you have some tutorial noob-probe (like obsdark-friendly in that sence) to help me do all of this?
did that allow me to avoid the connection to the internet?

The friday i meet with all the rest of the group which i'm working on to actualy try this, it would be good have one.

Thanks in advance

Which server distro and version are you using?
What's your server's network ip? (cmd -> "ipconfig" -> IPv4 Address on windows)
Whats the security issue that prevents you from connecting?

Back