• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many hours a week do you play?

Hours Played Per Week?-Play More on New Servers?-Do long quests?

• Total voters

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
When you are playing a good, fun server. How many hours a day do you normally play?
(Not counting afk botting. But as long as you are at your computer it counts)

I'd like to know so I can help balance a few things on my upcoming server.

For example, if you normally only log in for an hour, MOST quests/hunts/etc should take less than an hour to achieve something, so the basic player can get things done every day and feel accomplished.

Let me know!

Also, if you want to give any specifics feel free to reply.

I see the votes have started at:
  1. Most people play 1-2 hours per day
  2. Most people play as much as they can when a server first starts
  3. Most people hate long quests (2+ hours)
But! I know when I play a server I feel most people are like this:
  1. Most people I meet on OT Servers seem to almost always be online.
  2. There are a few people that play 24/7 at the start of a server. (Usually the top 10 players on highscores are WAY ahead of everyone else)
  3. I would agree that most people hate long quests (2+ hours)
Will be interesting to see if the poll ends up matching my experience in the end, or if it will continue to show I am wrong lol.

Now when i have school, i am playing max 5 hours a day. Before in the summer i played almost 15 hours a day includes the night too.

i remember around 5 years ago during holidays i used to play around 50 hours a week was pretty crazy lol

There is no 2 - 4 hours a week option :(
I use to be a hardcore ot player but I'm just too tired to look at a computer when I get home from work most days and on my days off which there aren't many I read or watch movies... or catch up on needed sleep :p
I work from 8 - 20 hour days :(

It depends on the server really.
I can play a server more than 3h/day if it's interesting enough. Used to play TERA for 4-5h per weekday (weekends even more). When a tibia server is a bit less entertaining >> I get bored faster >> less and less playing >> quit

Nobody likes a boring 2h quest, but if there are epic fights with big groups of mobs, with unique bosses, ...

If I don't have school and a new server comes out that I REALLY enjoy, I will end up playing as much as possible.
With school I'm not able to play as much, but I'm still able to play 4+ hours and it surprised me that no one else picked that option lol.

There will always be those people who play 24/7 when a new server comes out and I like it when the server has some barriers to prevent that.
If a player is able to play non-stop solo all monsters, quests, boss, etc.. then I see the server as not a success.

I voted that I like doing quests for 2+ hours but it really depends. If you have to sit there for straight up 2+ hours then I think that's a bad idea (unless its a huge quest in the game).
What I would rather enjoy is a long quest, but something you can do over a period of time. For example you fight monsters for 1 hour and reach a check point.
Log off for a few hours, get back on and then you can continue the quest. It also depends on how fun and interesting the quest is.

If I don't have school and a new server comes out that I REALLY enjoy, I will end up playing as much as possible.
With school I'm not able to play as much, but I'm still able to play 4+ hours and it surprised me that no one else picked that option lol.

There will always be those people who play 24/7 when a new server comes out and I like it when the server has some barriers to prevent that.
If a player is able to play non-stop solo all monsters, quests, boss, etc.. then I see the server as not a success.

I voted that I like doing quests for 2+ hours but it really depends. If you have to sit there for straight up 2+ hours then I think that's a bad idea (unless its a huge quest in the game).
What I would rather enjoy is a long quest, but something you can do over a period of time. For example you fight monsters for 1 hour and reach a check point.
Log off for a few hours, get back on and then you can continue the quest. It also depends on how fun and interesting the quest is.

I agree with not allowing players to solo all content. But I would never put in a system that forces players to log out because they are playing "too much".

Ascalon was the first server I really played for alot. Like idk, 6-7 h's per day average. sometimes even alot more xD but now usually like an hour per day, sometimes I don't even log on xd

I agree with not allowing players to solo all content. But I would never put in a system that forces players to log out because they are playing "too much".
I never said it would force the players to log out haha, it would just give them the option to do so. What if after doing the quest for 2 hours someone has to leave because of urgent matters. The rest of the people might not even be able to finish the quest without that person, or if they do finish it then they will have re-do the entire quest for that person who left, which no one will want to do.

Tibia is a standard gameplay unit of interest (UI). People play tibia more than they speak their own language. If tibia was a language, it would be the most fluent language on the planet.

I never said it would force the players to log out haha, it would just give them the option to do so. What if after doing the quest for 2 hours someone has to leave because of urgent matters. The rest of the people might not even be able to finish the quest without that person, or if they do finish it then they will have re-do the entire quest for that person who left, which no one will want to do.

I wasn't responding to that.
I was responding to this comment:

"There will always be those people who play 24/7 when a new server comes out and I like it when the server has some barriers to prevent that.
If a player is able to play non-stop solo all monsters, quests, boss, etc.. then I see the server as not a success."

I don't like the idea of a barrier stopping people from playing 24/7.
If someone wants to dedicate their entire life, being, and cut off all other relationships so they can focus on a video game. The video game shouldn't say "Sorry, you aren't allowed to play that much" or say "Sorry, after 10 hours you no longer gain exp or loot, try again tomorrow"

Maybe 2-3h per weak that I actually play.
Mainly spend my time trying to find better ways to write codes and actually writing codes, learning new languages etc :p

Used to be one of those that could play 6-9h a day but ye.. really don't feel for it anymore.

Back