• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How much players?

Chaos ruler

Reaction score
Good evening and welcome to my thread!

First of all i've decided to make a fun server with my friends. But I am gonna use my (server-computer) for that. I have really no idea about how many players I could host before it starts to lag.. And perhaps some of you have more experience with hosting then me!

Second of all i'm hosting a XML server, since it's faster to set up. So i guess that'll take more cpu aswell.

My internet connection is 3Mbp's upload.

Specifications of my computer is:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055t black edition.
16 gigabyte RAM.
2 x 2 terabyte hard drive.

I have no idea about this at all.. Let's hope someone could give me information or a guess :)

Thanks!

The hardware itself could handle 1000 players w/o problems (Implying you will ever get that amount.), but your 3 Mb/s connection is terrible, that would lag players as fuck (also easy to flood it) so you can forget about hosting an OTS. Also SQL > XML, doesn't matter if XML is faster in setup.

But i've hosted a server before with a 1Mb/s connection and there was np to handle 50 players without lag. Well maybe things changed i dont know thanks for the fast reply xD

Back