• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to make a Server in 2020.

Jhanky23

Reaction score
I'm looking to start a server.

I have no experience and very limited knowledge, however I am very eager to learn.

Where is the best place to learn where I can find everything I need to know?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, in the "Setting up your server" section it says:

Click "Choose File" next to "Browse your computer" and locate the "schema.sql" file from TFS sources.

It hasnt said at any point to download these. Where do I get the download from?

It should exist with any server you download schema.sql otserv.sql
Which server did you download?

Okay cool, Im stuck on this part now.

"To create an account on your new server, we will need to set up a website. We will be using Znote AAC for this tutorial, which you can get here."

What am I supposed to do on this page?

You'll need a website or you can create your own account using SQL queries like those ones.
But OFC a website will make it easier, it's so simple all you need is to install Xampp/Uniform server and copy the files to there as it should be explain in the tutorial above.

Last edited:
"Extract the .zip file to your web directory (for example, "C:\UniServZ\www"), which should be empty. Enter the website (if your web directory is UniServZ's, you can do this by clicking "View www" in unicontroller) and wait for MySQL connection error. This will show you the rest of the instructions:"

What do I do here?

I have extracted the file but now it says to enter the website? what website? i dont have my own

You downloaded Uniserv and extracted the website into www path? So it looks like this one?
aacb.PNG

Yeah extract it to this path after removing those files above css,images etc.., You're welcome.

Just empty the folder named www and then extract ZnoteAAC-master.zip there and it should look close to my above screenshot.

okay thats done.

"The second step tells you to run the given SQL queries in your database via phpMyAdmin."

How do i do this please?

You should have a window similar to this one of your uniserv, Run Apache and MySQL if they are not running and then click on phpMyAdmin it will open in your browser.
windowmysql.PNG
Then go to your database it should look like this, Click on SQL and then paste the whole queries given by Znote's AAC to there and click on Go.

sqlup.PNG

Znote's AAC should have given you a file named znote_schema.sql, Open it and copy all what's inside then paste them in the SQL box you have above in you screenshot and press go.

Back