• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[How To] Make/Host a server SQL or XML! (Windows)

Dillon1234

Reaction score
.:. Dillons Guide on how to make a up and running server! .:.
Alright guys, first things first. You're gonna wanna decide on which type of server you would want to download!
8.11? 8.1? 8.0? 8.21? 7.6? 7.5?
Click portal on the top left corner of the otland.net page.
Then go to Distributions!
Select a server you want to download. You're going to realize they either have a SQL or XML Version.

XML: If you never set up an server before, I recommend XML.
SQL: If you have made a server before, or just forgot. I recommend SQL.

Alright, download the tpye of version you want to download! If you downloaded XML/SQL read here.

Step 1: Open the servers files.
Step 2: Open config.lua, if you can't open it, right click Open With. Select NotePad off the list.
Step 3: You're going to see that there is a lot of information first thing find the IP address add in.
Step 4. Open your web browser and type in www.whatismyip.com.
Step 5: You're going to see that their is numbers with dots. Highlight and right click "Copy".
Step 6: Go back to config.lua and paste it in between the "" Example: "127.0.0.7"
Step 7: Now you got that completed, if you wanna edit other stuff, I suggest you scroll down.
End of Setup.
Now that you have the servers IP inside your config.lua you're set! Open the servers program for instance "Neverland.exe" FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOU DON'T HAVE A ROUTER.

.:. How to Portfoward :.:
Alright, you router users, If you don't have a router, Skip this step.

Step 1: Alright, now to portfoward, got it! Click on start on the bottom left corner of your computer screen.
Step 2: Click on Command Prompt, or Run.
Step 3: Type in cmd.
Step 4: You'll see a black screen pop up. Type in ipconfig.
Step 5: Look at the first line where it says "IP address"
Step 6: Open up your web browser.
Step 7: Type in your IP Address
Step 8: A screen will pop up asking for your username and password. Type in...
Username: admin
password: admin/password/adminpassword/
Step 9. You will be logged into a weird page, Go to Gaming or something similar to that on your router page.
Step 10: Type in for this....
"Name: Tibia1"
"Port Start: 7171"
"Port End: 7171"
"TCP or UDP: Both"
"192.168.1.[1]"
Step 10: Click enable.
Step 11: Ta da! Your server is set to go Router users! Open up "Server Name.exe" and let it load.
End of Portfoward

:._.: How to make an MySQL Database :._.:
Step 1: Open up your web browser.
Step 2: Type in this "http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=xampp&filename=xampp-win32-perl-addon-5.10.0-2.2.9-installer.exe&use_mirror=osdn"
Step 3: Let it download, continue to let it download.
Step 4: Open up Xampp.
Step 5: Click Start on "MySQL" and "Apache"
Step 6: Type in localhost/phpmyadmin
Step 7: Type in the password you got from you're config.lua
Step 8: Type in for username "root" and password "the password you got from config.lua
Step 9: Type in the database name you'd like to name it
Step 10: Import the MySQL file inside of your server files.
Step 11: Let it upload, ta da! You have tables you can go to.

Whenever you wanna set up an SQL server, follow that guide.

Well guys, thats all I'm going to add. Good luck with your servers!

You forgot to mention that they will also have to open port 80/80 for apache hosting. Some routers requires this. Same goes to 8080/8080 if I am not totally mistaken.

Your tutorial is a bit UN-detailed, it surely is step by step, but for an example in the ipconfig, might want to explain a bit more what is a local ip and what is a global ip? And how to find the difference between them?

Also by the look at your "router" explanation, it looks like your directly connected to a firewall modem, where you got the categories gaming, and it allows you to configure in those categories. But its not the same for all persons. You should also try to mention some links like portforward.com, or something to show router details and how to port forward through their routers aswell.

Also some pictures to guide would help :)

Last edited:
Alright thanks, pictures will be added, the guide is incomplete but this is my first guide I ever made for anyone :p

Mkay, keep up the good work.

I would prefer not having XML, but maybe sqlite in the tutorial, but thats just my opinion :p

To me, sqlite is easier than xml. (But I have to admit my first server was an XML server).

If you manage to do the ".:. How to Portfoward :.: " part, yes.

ok i have all that done... i think but how do i turn my ot on? so i can play the ot?

nice guide :) loved it :) but i think you should show how to open the port for the firewall and how to compile i dont know how to camplie but whould love for you to show me but i could show how to open port to fire wall :D

i need help i have evolution server i can goo in whit local adrees bur i wanted puted online how i madee

I was following the guide I got forgotten server 9.1 and when i tried to open it said it could find fibmysql.dll so i went online trying to find this file and I downloaded it however it didnt help any idk if i have to do something with the file or some sort of installation please any help would eb appreciated....this is my first server so I ask for you o be as helpful and understandable as possible. Thank you in advance.

I was following the guide I got forgotten server 9.1 and when i tried to open it said it could find fibmysql.dll so i went online trying to find this file and I downloaded it however it didnt help any idk if i have to do something with the file or some sort of installation please any help would eb appreciated....this is my first server so I ask for you o be as helpful and understandable as possible. Thank you in advance.

Do you realize that this thread is 3 years old?
Also, check other tutorials that are up to date.

I believe regardless of how old the thread might be the info remains the same for the most part so I gve it a try.

I believe regardless of how old the thread might be the info remains the same for the most part so I gve it a try.

Yes, you can still make a server using these steps, but the server has to be the same version that the creator used, 9.1 was released on 2011 and I doubt he used it to make this tutorial :p

Mkay, keep up the good work.

I would prefer not having XML, but maybe sqlite in the tutorial, but thats just my opinion :p

To me, sqlite is easier than xml. (But I have to admit my first server was an XML server).
I got a real good pc and a real good internet connection which is why I know I could host a server that people would enjoy being on the problem is that I always seem to gather all the programs I believe I need but seems thats not the only thing u need for it (u need some sort of computer programing knowledge I guess) because it seems so difficult for me at some points...you got any tips? I see your a very active person here you might be able to help me a bit like a boost start :) ty.

Yes, you can still make a server using these steps, but the server has to be the same version that the creator used, 9.1 was released on 2011 and I doubt he used it to make this tutorial :p
So u think you might be able to give me some tips like a small chooling on ots.... I like playing then but I would like to see how far can I make it if I create one my self.

Back