• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling I need help, upgrade 7.6 to 7.8!

damn 78

Reaction score
Hello!

I hope this forum isn't as dead as all others <.<

I'm trying to upgrade my avesta 7.6 sources to accept 7.8 clients.
I don't give a crab about all the features, I can fix that myself..

My problem is getting the game to accept the 7.8 to login.
And yes, it allows it now, but the client debugs.

the debugs says unknown packet type, sometimes 115, other times 0.
I can't find any tutorials how to convert between 2 big updates, the only tutorials I can find is how to change some damn numbers in c++.. but I need to change a lot more than that since packets are different and all that..

So, could someone give me a few hints, what should I look for, just to be able to login?
no messages, no effects, I just a character the be able to login on 1 tile that's surrounded by nothing.

You don't have to mention items.otb and .dat and .spr, I have that under control..
I just want the game to send right packets to let the character go online so I can keep experimenting myself once I get that far.

I would really appreciate any help!

ps: I've seen lots of threads there people advise to change sources or download new .exe.
Don't suggest that to me, I have a shitload of things I've made that I don't want to lose!
The community can't grow if only a few known how to fix things, and the rest is adviced to download already fixed things!

List of things I haven't forgot to make sure:
addons loaded from database to ioplayer.cpp (pretty sure it's done, it's added to ensum and so on)
stamina added to output, with a number value that doesn't change (I'm not going to touch stamina until rest works)

Back