• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Introduce items into boxes

Kinos

Reaction score
Hello, I had a lot of doubts about mapping and I resolved it more or less. But I have a last one which never could resolve.

Someone could explain how to put items into boxes and other containers? I mean, in the map editor, as part of a quest or something else. I tried it but I can't.

Thanks in advance.

Double clic or right click > properties.

Below ActionId and UniqueID, you will see some black squares, just right click any of them and select add item, or double click.
Then a window will appear where you can select the item.

I can't find it =S

Maybe I have to put something in the id's?

Thanks

Oh, so you are using SimOne's map editor... its kinda of the same....

The problem is, the item you are using is not a container.
But this can be fixed, open items.xml(the one where your mapeditor is) and find 7161, and add this to the attributes:
<attribute key="containerSize" value="8"/>

I fixed It.

Thanks for your help ^_^

EDIT:

Now that I tried it in my server, I would like to be in the other way. I mean, It opens the container and there're some items inside, but what I want to do is that when someone opens the container gets their own item.
"You have found..."
How can I do this?

Thanks

Last edited:
You need to Script that.
Otherwise you just put the ID of the item in the "Unique id:"

I would like to know how to "script" in a easy way, could you help me? I mean, I have not a lot of knowledge about this. Could you explain me how to do?
Ty ^_^

Back