• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Introduction to OTClient.

i think this will be awesome!
- No copyright
- No learning of another code language
- easy get rid of crap like offine training bar/staming and whatever :p

i think this will be awesome!
- No copyright
- No learning of another code language
- easy get rid of crap like offine training bar/staming and whatever :p

It won't be awesome. It already is.

Edit:
1800 posts xD

Last edited:
xNHuN.png

There is a issue with rule violation reports in Version 8.54:

Server Part:
[cpp]if(Group* group = player->getGroup())
{
int32_t reasons = group->getViolationReasons();
if(reasons > 1)
{
msg->AddByte(0x0B);
for(int32_t i = 0; i < 20; ++i)
{
if(i < 4)
msg->AddByte(group->getNameViolationFlags());
else if(i < reasons)
msg->AddByte(group->getStatementViolationFlags());
else
msg->AddByte(0x00);
}
}
}[/cpp]

Client Parsing:
[cpp]void ProtocolGame::parseGMActions(const InputMessagePtr& msg)
{
std::vector<uint8> actions;

int numViolationReasons;

if(g_game.getClientVersion() >= 860)
numViolationReasons = 20;
else if(g_game.getClientVersion() >= 854)
numViolationReasons = 19;
else
numViolationReasons = 32;

for(int i = 0; i < numViolationReasons; ++i)
actions.push_back(msg->getU8());
g_game.processGMActions(actions);
}[/cpp]

I don't know if only I got the problem, but when you login with a GM it will result in the screen being black and other issues.
I couldn't fix the problem yet, that's why i disabled the packet in server.

Yes I quess everyone that tries to login using 8.54 protocol has this issue. I have an idea why is that happening, but I have to investigate that. It happens also when monster attacks you. I wonder if its not beaocouse map packets are kinda fucked. What I mean - monster attacks you blood is dropped, and it seems like its stackpos problem, like its not properly parsed by client. I will reply when I find some solution to this.

This what I wrote was my fault caused by custom packets.. About what you wrote Summ Im testing it and I have suspicious that it is misstake of otclient dev team : P Look At this code from engine:
Code:
			for(int32_t i = 0; i < 20; ++i)
			{

And now take on loop from otc
Code:
                      for(int i = 0; i < numViolationReasons; ++i)
			{

Seems fine but when you also notice that numViolationReason in otc for 8.54 version == 19 then you see that some part f this packet, and its prolly causing this issue. Im compiling it right now. I will post if thats the problem.

Last edited:
HeP0f.png

It seems that I was right, just messed up the compiling yesterday..

It works with:
[cpp] if(g_game.getClientVersion() >= 854)
else
numViolationReasons = 32;[/cpp]

Edit:
Dunno if it's works with default 8.54 TFS, because I am using a custom distro. However this is how I fixed it.

Last edited:
HeP0f.png

It seems that I was right, just messed up the compiling yesterday..

It works with:
[cpp] if(g_game.getClientVersion() >= 854)
else
numViolationReasons = 32;[/cpp]

Edit:
Dunno if it's works with default 8.54 TFS, because I am using a custom distro. However this is how I fixed it.

Thanks for the information, that is now fixed in otclient repository.

You should't use this, cuz it will be detected as a 3rd party, and they will count it as cheating or something similar and your account will be subject to Perma Ban, you have been warn :).

PD. this does not mean OTclient is bad, it is just not for real tibia :/

Well it is called OtClient therefore..
It is unofficial software regarding real tibia and also can be used as a bot easily.

I totally called this like in 2010; It was just a matter of time before the community would crave control of both sides of the client server model, and the forces of destiny would intercede. However, I had no idea that when it actually manifested, it was going to be this well designed. I am thoroughly impressed, which not an easy task.

I'm so profoundly elated by this software. The only possible copyright issue remaining for 'Original' aka 'Custom' OT owners is the usage of the tibia spr. And I know a very good reason they(CipSoft) will never go there. So it's not their client software, not their service daemon software, and not their game content. A very happy position.

And now it is time for a pipe dream... Since I can't share the pipe, I'll share the dream: Perhaps the community should make their own protocol version or extensions. First feature should be supporting 32 floors instead of 16 so we can do things like this(1). Next up would be to inflate the client view window by a square (17x13 from 15x11). Thirdly, use 24-bit for Life and Mana, and 16-bit for Soul. And lastly, of the ideas off the top of my head, restore the animated text that didn't suck (pre9.1)

#1: Worlds of Ultima: Savage Empire. Notice the waterfalls.

Back