• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Introduction to OTClient.

anybody knows which module/file contains informations about displayed name of character in game? i mean creaturename

void Creature::drawInformation(const Point& point, bool useGray, const Rect& parentRect)

creature.cpp

I totally called this like in 2010; It was just a matter of time before the community would crave control of both sides of the client server model, and the forces of destiny would intercede. However, I had no idea that when it actually manifested, it was going to be this well designed. I am thoroughly impressed, which not an easy task.

I'm so profoundly elated by this software. The only possible copyright issue remaining for 'Original' aka 'Custom' OT owners is the usage of the tibia spr. And I know a very good reason they(CipSoft) will never go there. So it's not their client software, not their service daemon software, and not their game content. A very happy position.

And now it is time for a pipe dream... Since I can't share the pipe, I'll share the dream: Perhaps the community should make their own protocol version or extensions. First feature should be supporting 32 floors instead of 16 so we can do things like this(1). Next up would be to inflate the client view window by a square (17x13 from 15x11). Thirdly, use 24-bit for Life and Mana, and 16-bit for Soul. And lastly, of the ideas off the top of my head, restore the animated text that didn't suck (pre9.1)

#1: Worlds of Ultima: Savage Empire. Notice the waterfalls.

Fucking yes!
Is anyone noticing the pattern here? Server Engine + Custom Game Client = MMORPG Developing platform(TheForgottenEngine) if Otland heads into this direction it can become a very good 2D - 2.5D MMORPG DEV Engine.
We can finally regain the creativity that was once lost!!

Maybe. That is a great direction to be heading.

Fucking yes!
Is anyone noticing the pattern here? Server Engine + Custom Game Client = MMORPG Developing platform(TheForgottenEngine) if Otland heads into this direction it can become a very good 2D - 2.5D MMORPG DEV Engine.
We can finally regain the creativity that was once lost!!

Not on the back of TheForgotten~ imo :p

OTLand needs better developers that are willing to put lots of time into reworking TFS imo.

OTLand needs better developers that are willing to put lots of time into reworking TFS imo.

Honestly this is the direction i personally would want to take with my scripting. Once i become advanced i will start towards otclient development. For now, i haz a steep learning curve but making progress :>

Yeah, TFS is a mess
Not as big as OTSERV, at least when I last time compared them, but still it's hard to get to anything there.
Of course it is huge thing so it cannot be too easy, but making both parts use the same standards would probably help a lot

It is possible to make otclient for 7.6 protocol login?

Don't want to create new topic but...
I looked into the source code
and got sick by all the
Code:
if(true)[B][SIZE=7]{[/SIZE][/B]
////
}

Guys, really?!

Last edited:
I didn't like it at begining also. However it's really great now, your eyes will get used to it.

It is possible to make otclient for 7.6 protocol login?

Yes it is possible, but we need people that are willing to do this.

Don't want to create new topic but...
I looked into the source code
and got sick by all the
Code:
if(true)[B][SIZE=7]{[/SIZE][/B]
////
}

Guys, really?!

It is a better coding convention. Get used to it as a lot of sources use this too :p

Last edited:
Is it better because it saves few bytes or because it saves few lines?
Anyway, even if it is this way, stick to one format. Now functions have opening brackets below and everything else in the same line. It's chaos for my poor brain...

Just a better wrapping method with large amounts of code. Also helps keep you from creating bulky methods.

where does Otclient saves hot-keys, and why I cant sell loot with 8.6 version of the server.

those are errors i got:
/3/2013 2:57:39] [ShopModule.onBuy]
[11/3/2013 2:57:39] Item not found on shopItems list

Back