• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Italy] [7.7] Realots Testserver (oldschool PvP-E mode; 50% exhaust)

Which PvP mode would you like to see this experimental server in? (private votes)

• PvP-E (50% exhaust for aggressive runes and spells, no skulls and frags, exp for player kills)

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Normal PvP (6 frags/day, 10 frags/week, 20 frags/month for ban and normal exhaust etc)

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Normal PvP (10+ frags/day, 20+ frags/week, 40+ frags/month for ban and normal exhaust etc)

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Non-PvP (no player killing, normal exhaust)

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what do i say to rashid? Doesn't respond to neither 'ring' or 'magic ring'
My bad, I forgot to add it to Rashid.
Will be fixed after server save in 30 minutes.

My bad, I forgot to add it to Rashid.
Will be fixed after server save in 30 minutes.

Great! Holy shit, i had to buy it when the cost were 25k, i thought it would last for like 3-4 hours xD
30 min, better use em' good!

So Items like Dragon scale mail, Golden Armor, Guardian halberd, etc... are useless to pick up? (can't sell to djinn "Rashid")

Completely useless, just like everything else :)
Thanks for the question!

I hope this server is going to get launched soon, testing the test server and it was actually a lot of fun.

When do you think u are done with the final touch? :)

Glad you've been having fun.

It's honestly hard to say when due to the complex nature of this thing that I'm working on and the way I like to do development (which I think differs from most people's way) to keep my energy levels/motivation up.
I've been working "a little on everything" recently because I've been stuck with the network programming abstractions (some minor details bothering me) for a long time.
If you really want/need an estimate then realistically speaking minimum 1 month, most likely several months, but there's absolutely no telling because it depends heavily on fluctuating circumstances and unknowns.

In general though the more positive and productive you all are the more likely development is to speed up and everything, since it gives me energy/motivation, and I invest both very much personally and long-term in just about everything I do.
Basically the more hyped you are, the more hyped I am :)

This phase we're in right now is the darkest and toughest times I believe in terms of the development of this server when you (the players) sees very few changes/little results, and I have a large, difficult and tiresome and sometimes boring task to complete which is to develop all of these complicated programs that I've never been anywhere close to trying to develop before meanwhile sometimes/often doubting myself and this project's future (while refusing to give up), so motivation/energy and stress levels really matters a lot, maybe the most out of all the factors.
It might be a little like swimming for maybe 4-6 hours straight or something.
It might feel a lot like drowning sometimes, and the only thing that keeps me going is believing in myself and in the rewards of persevering, which is not something I'm usually very good at btw, the only thing that really keeps me going is my stubbornness and pride and the occasional fun I'm having :p

I don't know. I hope that kinda answered your question :)

@e.e Thank you for your detailed answer and the time u took to write this text :)

Just keep it cool, take all the time u need and work on it, cuz i think all the time u will spend on this server will be worth it !
Respect for your work so far, i wish i could help/push u somehow instead of give you some nice words, but i have not that much knowledge about this realfiles and programmin stuff etc. haha :)

Seems really complicated and its ofc no piece of cake, more a hard rock to bite on, but i believe u will make it.

I'm gonna promote this server as much i can, when it turns online to get more ppls to play on :)

@Keviino
No worries mate, glad you're willing to help out and thanks for the kind words :)

Update:
* Testing out some new firewall rules. Feel free to notify me if you experience any new problems with getting kicked from game while playing (and tell me what you were doing when you got kicked).
* I'm likely adding the old realots.net weapons, items, npcs and item drops from monsters very soon for testing in the upcoming days.
This benefits knights and paladins the most and therefor helps a lot with vocation balancing + adds some fun items for all vocs.
No new monsters or map changes.

^ Would you like a tissue? :)

Anyways, after the "realots.net update" the server had to be rolled back to the last SS.
Map changes like soloable DQ, Demona TP, DHQ door, and clickable coins and Rashid will be added back sometime soon/whenever I feel like it.

Cheers

Alright, so I've had it confirmed that these addon files I added a couple of days ago are a reconstruction made by the-realots.net, not the original files from realots.net.
There are therefor some slight differences in things like where you buy enchantments and things like that, so here's a non-comprehensive list of some of the items that still are or used to be purchasable:
* Weapons and Legs can be enchanted at Alexander in Edron.
* Light Bolts can be bought from Dario in Ankrahmun.
* Light Crossbow can be bought from Edoch in Darashia.
* Soft Boots can be bought from Tandros in Port Hope, and repairs can be done with Aldo in Venore. The old keyword for purchasing Soft Boots is no longer used, now it's simply "soft boots". Keep in mind Soft Boots are basically useless for now on this Testserver as it doesn't give much hp/mana, but this might be changed later on.
* Replica decoration, portable mailboxes, life runes and more seems to currently be unpurchasable.
* Small Stones can be bought from the same old place.
* Sniper Stars can be bought from multiple npcs.

Also Rashid will move permanently to Darashia after today's serversave. You can also trade some new items with him if you do him a favor first.

Last edited:
What happened to the server? It seems that the website as well as the server are currently down.

@CutRs
No idea what you experienced, but everything was running as normal one hour after you made this post once I was on the computer again and could take a look.
It may possibly have been a short network downtime from the server provider, but may also have been on your side instead.

Small update:
* I'm making slow but persistent progress again with the network programming. Hopefully the networking class will be usable in a few weeks time, and from that point I should be able to finish the LS and QM up in not too long (and after that I'll have to create a new and better-looking website and do some preperations, and then I'll launch a new Realots server at some point after).
Technically speaking: I've moved away from threads and been able to accomplish basic handling of 10k+ (speeds of ~50k+) concurrent connections per second, made my own basic async socket handler, a basic network class, and very crude, barely functional, but still pretty decently fast RSA and XTEA encryption/decryption functions, just in Python.
This won't only be helpful in creating the Login Server, but also for both my own Tibiacam program that's still unstable but can already record and playback from raw pcap files and for the brand new OT I'm experimenting with making from scratch as well where anything is possible :)
* I might also be working on OTClient again a little here and there. It should be able to offer better bot protection, has better GPU performance, and is obviously fully customizable.
But it's also a lot of work, and OTClient code, especially its lua code, is a bit messy and poorly documented imo.

I hope you all know that I'm still very interested in everyone's feedback and suggestions for the server, I just can't do much about most of it right now because there's so much work to do and I have to prioritize, and I also haven't built the system yet for everyone to put their opinions and feedback into an organized data structure which would make it much easier to read and handle all the feedback without spamming OTLand down with single polls or posts.
So in summary I can only deal with big/significant changes that are short and easy to add right now.
For example if many people REALLY wants a large demon spawn, I can fill an island up with them very quickly and easily, but it won't be pretty.
Or I can change one of the edron demon spawn rates to 1 second. And maybe I will.
You may also help make the changes you'd like to see yourself if you'd really like to see such changes ASAP (or otherwise donate and I might prioritize it; just the hosting has already cost me about 5 times as much as I've received in donations).
If you want to change something just message me about it either in-game or here on OTLand and tell me what you'd like to change yourself.
If I agree with the proposed change then I might share the file that you need and you can send the edited version back to me when you're done, and if it seems clean I'll add it.
You may also suggest new ideas if you wish as long as you're able to handle having your ideas ignored or rejected and so on.
I'm around and all ears as long as my time and energy is respected and appreciated. Basic courtesy. Some players seem to forget this sometimes and might need a reminder.

Hope there's still some hyped people out there for what is to come, even though it's all taken longer than I and probably many of you also expected.
Here's this HD video again made by Maas for the-realots.net a few years ago, just to remind you of what might be about to come again and much more pretty soon.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
One question about the video.. have you changed the title on the video? because i saw this video for medivia some months ago :p

One question about the video.. have you changed the title on the video? because i saw this video for medivia some months ago :p
Its not his video, its uploaded by Maas in 2013 from realots 7.7, think before you post - have you made wands work on your server yet? :))

Last edited:
Could you provide us a link or any other form of evidence, even a drawing in MS-PAINT, that shows or illustrates what you're alleging here?

The video I embedded there was uploaded in 2013 like @coma said, you can verify this by just clicking the Youtube button which gets you to the website and shows you the upload date...
If I remember correctly December 2013 was not a few months ago unless I just stepped into a time machine and entered the year 2014 again.

Last edited:
Don't know whether this question has been answered before. Are you working anything on the clients 'framerate problem'? Like many other retro-servers the client is 'hacking' like you got low framerate.
Hope you understand what I'm referring to.

Hello Brago,

The cipsoft old client v7.7 is not lagging, it's just that you're used to OTClient smoothness. Other than that just check the framerate limiter under the menu Options->Graphics->Advanced and check what's your current fps, if you have over 60fps it's neither a clients problem or your hardware, it's just your perception by probably being used to OTClient as I quoted above.

Best Wishes,
Okke

Back