• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lordaeron, new era.

I'm happy to see this server come to light again, although, I am very disappointed with how the transaction was dealt with in obtaining this server. It's a shame, really...

It could be fun if you get some sorta reward, maybe even better like reputation with some npc which later on will unlock a quest like demon oak or something (a custom quest) where u get nice rewards? ^^

The entire ordeal about tasks is just grinding elevated, despite the reward. I just hate the idea of them being implemented what so ever, they're a cheap/easy way to provide hrs of content within one script.

The entire ordeal about tasks is just grinding elevated, despite the reward. I just hate the idea of them being implemented what so ever, they're a cheap/easy way to provide hrs of content within one script.

Agreed, they're generic and pretty boring as far as I'm concerned.

I hope project begin to introduce new methods of leveling, efficient methods.

Maybe the nwe items that all mobs drop which are useless on ots like "crocodile leather" etc can be collected here and turn in for exp :3 I'd like that xD like wyrm scales etc.

Maybe the nwe items that all mobs drop which are useless on ots like "crocodile leather" etc can be collected here and turn in for exp :3 I'd like that xD like wyrm scales etc.

Tasks, despite the rewards, and despite what you have to collect, is an elevated grinding system, it's utterly lazy, and absolutely pathetic if you're a developer.

Selling creature items, is different. But "Kill 500 Giant Spiders" and etc, is just pathetic.

Tasks, despite the rewards, and despite what you have to collect, is an elevated grinding system, it's utterly lazy, and absolutely pathetic if you're a developer.

Selling creature items, is different. But "Kill 500 Giant Spiders" and etc, is just pathetic.
And what would you suggest? It's impossible to completely remove grinding from a game like Tibia. The least you can do is make it a bit more entertaining by adding things like tasks. I'd rather have tasks than just pointless senseless grinding. Yes, it's not the best solution, but it's a step up.

And what would you suggest? It's impossible to completely remove grinding from a game like Tibia. The least you can do is make it a bit more entertaining by adding things like tasks. I'd rather have tasks than just pointless senseless grinding. Yes, it's not the best solution, but it's a step up.

It is absolutely not impossible to take away grind from tibia. Developers, except ones that have been around for quite a while (Amoaz, Znote, Extrodus, Red, elf, etc) just don't use very much creativity these days.

Also, how is a system that causes you to grind even more (more than you probably intended, on a certain monster choice), a step up?

At last lordaeron it was easy to make TibiaAuto working with client.

I assure you it won't be possible not TibiaAuto nor other bots
I hope projects begin to introduce new methods of leveling, efficient methods.

Give us an example of new way other than tasks?

i Don't think this will be good idea at all xD

jup should be able to sell creature products :p atleast you've go ta reason to collect these then

Yes this sound logic.

Any ETA information?
:)

Can't give you an accurate date but it should be 1:3 weeks

I'm happy to see this server come to light again, although, I am very disappointed with how the transaction was dealt with in obtaining this server. It's a shame, really...

Please we're not going to go through all this again, we've passed it.

Here's some screen, more to come later
We're mostly focusing on the mapping part atm

Need more suggestion guys :p

It is absolutely not impossible to take away grind from tibia. Developers, except ones that have been around for quite a while (Amoaz, Znote, Extrodus, Red, elf, etc) just don't use very much creativity these days.
Well, how would you do it?

Also, how is a system that causes you to grind even more (more than you probably intended, on a certain monster choice), a step up?
It doesn't cause you to grind even more. Yes, I'll agree that it unconsciously forces you to finish the task even if you've already done the necessary grinding (because if you've killed 480/500 monsters you're almost practically forced to kill the last 20), but completing tasks is much more rewarding than simply grinding until you reach certain level. Rewards from things like tasks keep you motivated and give you the satisfaction required to make the grinding not so boring. They don't mean to eliminate grinding, not at all, they intend to make grinding (and excuse the redundancy) less of a grind. If you need to grind from, say, level 100 to 200, and there's absolutely nothing new in between, this becomes a very boring and monotone process. But if you strive to complete tasks instead of just killing monsters endlessly, this becomes a much more satisfactory process since you can already see some rewards long before reaching your desired goal. Especially if these rewards change and improve your gameplay (say, a new spell, or a new weapon, or something like that instead of just +100 gold or +1000 exp).

Of course I don't mean to say that tasks should be used as an excuse to add grinding to the game; they should not. But if you ARE going to make the game require grinding, tasks are a way to "soften the blow", so to speak.

-----

Question to the developer: Is the server going to have the same anti-bot system that SpiderOT had?

A way to eliminate the game require grinding, is making the server npc quest based, raid based, or map-quest/exploration based, or any combination of the three, that's just a beginning.

I assure you it won't be possible not TibiaAuto nor other bots

Give us an example of new way other than tasks?

i Don't think this will be good idea at all xD

Yes this sound logic.

Can't give you an accurate date but it should be 1:3 weeks

Please we're not going to go through all this again, we've passed it.

Here's some screen, more to come later
We're mostly focusing on the mapping part atm

Need more suggestion guys :p

DAMN cant wait longer, ORGASM ;D !!

Nice screenies =P I'd honestly just love to see a little more space infront of the depot, since its practically the hang out of lazy people. Dunno if others agree though its just my opinion ;P

Btw, will there still be the npc that'll atk you when you say bad words, etc? ;o

Back