• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Multi world system example?

JoccE

CopyLeft (ɔ)
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been thinking of some kind of multiworld system for a while now :p

Since i don't have the time to develop anything myself i thought why not start a discussion about it and maybe someone else will use this idea.

So the basic idea is that when you step into an teleport your character logs out and you are transferred to another world and next time you login you are in the world ID 2.

Maybe you got one world where its non-pvp and the exp is 5x and a pvp-e world where it is 10x (you get more exp lvling in the pvp-e world but players can kill you more likely. (this is just and example)

I am not that good at LUA scripting and no idea if this script work but it should look something like this right?:

Lua:
local config = 2

function onStepIn(cid, item, pos, fromPosition) 
    if (getPlayerLevel(cid) > 100) then
        doRemoveCreature(cid)
        db.query("UPDATE `players` SET `world_id` = ".. WorldID .." WHERE `id` = ".. getPlayerGUID(cid) .. ";")
    end
    return true
end
credits sn3ejk

What do you think about that? Do you have any better suggestion? Discuss!

Last edited:
Lua:
local config = 2

function onStepIn(cid, item, pos, fromPosition) 
    if (getPlayerLevel(cid) > 100) then
        doRemoveCreature(cid)
        db.query("UPDATE `players` SET `world_id` = ".. WorldID .." WHERE `id` = ".. getPlayerGUID(cid) .. ";")
    end
    return true
end
There should be two worlds (experience rate x1 and x2). If you go from x1 to x2 then you lose 50% of the experience.

Back
Top Bottom