• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need help / tips regarding my own OT server.

Jo3y

Reaction score
Hello.
My name is Glenn and i recently found out that i wanna try to make my own ot server from scratch.
I got no experience with doing stuff like this what so ever.
I was thinking about learning Remere's map editor to make myself a map then to build a server based upon the map i made. I want the map to be a 10.77 version as I'm alittle tired of the 8.60 etc.

Where do I begin, or what do I begin with?

Should i pay some1 to do this for me or is there help to be found out there (as I'm totally new and clueless on what to do)?

If someone in here are interrested in teaching me a whole bunch of stuff I will gladly take the offer, but I don't expect anyone to do it. I'm Norwegian but i do understand English very well so language shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to add my skype (just pm me and i'll give u info) if u want to help me out or teach me some basics. ANY tips or guideance is really really appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

- Glenn

1.There are many guides on forum of how to make/open your server.
2. There are some guides who teach you how to map on RME, also you can see other post like "Mapping ideas" and showoff, so you could see how others map and create your own style. Also there are some maps available for download. If you want to make a server "from scratch" you have to know that won't be easy to attract players. I have seen some posts of @Red explaining that (He has a lot of experience with his server)
3. There are many systems for free, also there are guides of how to add them, so maybe what you need is on forum, you could find it or maybe request it on Request/Support section and maybe if you are lucky someone could make it.
4. A great core for a server 10.77 is TFS 1.1 (1.2 now i think), is constantly updated by many people to improve its perfomance.
5. If you want to make a server i recommend you start a topic of "showoff". So you could show your advances to the people on forum before your server opens.

If you want to pay to someone i recommend you to make it only for great things you couldn't found on forum.

Allright my friend, this stuff will be really helpfull in the future for me i believe. ''from scratch'' isn't possible for me as i got no knowledge.

My plan is to find a Completley working 10.77 map with no bugs, npc's working, no mount bugs, quest's working etc. Atm i got a TFS 1.1 10.77 map but there are still some bugs there, and also i don't like the TFS map tbh.
Do u got any suggestions on where i can find something like that? I know how to put the server online, and what to change in the config.lua etc for those purposes.

- Glenn

afaik not many people like to uses newest tibia versions (10.41+) because there is not an official ".otb" file . That makes some problems on map (i guess)
A server without bugs? It depends of how you define bug, if you use the datapack who comes with TFS 1.1 i think you won't have problems, but if you use other datapack from X person maybe could have some bugs. Personally i would use the datapack from TFS 1.1 and i'd add the features i need at once.
However you could always use Request/Support section, and as i said if you are lucky you could find someone to help you to fix X bug

Hmm, good point my man. Is it possible that u may be able to find a link to a fully working 10.41 server and post it to me? What i meant with bugs is that when i mounted up my server crashed, stuff like that i have no idea on how to fix, that's why it's best to fint a properly working server for me atm to learn and to practice on.

-Glenn

Like Joe Rod said, attracting players to a custom server is a lot more work than it ought to be. Even if you create a server with a unique feel and proper game flow you will still likely run into difficulty reaching a admirable player count. Starting off with tutorials here and using the Support board to ask questions is the way that most people started. Your success in learning how to run and manage a server is limited only by how diligent and persistent you are.

Also, TFS 1.x does, in fact, support 10.77 and the .otb is official now.

Red

Like Joe Rod said, attracting players to a custom server is a lot more work than it ought to be. Even if you create a server with a unique feel and proper game flow you will still likely run into difficulty reaching a admirable player count. Starting off with tutorials here and using the Support board to ask questions is the way that most people started. Your success in learning how to run and manage a server is limited only by how diligent and persistent you are.

Red
is official now? Nice :D

Red

is official now? Nice :D

The otb is from 10.76, but so far there have only been outfits and mounts that they have added in the updates.

Back