• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need Help With Dat / Spr Change From 854 to 860

vvglex

Reaction score
Hey i have a custom client that is for 8.60 and i cant start it with my dat and spr files becouse they are for 854.

so now for the question, can someone help me change my dat / spr files to 8.60 from 8.54?

if you can help me i can give you link to download my dat and spr files :)
thanks for your time.

@Limos
@Ninja
@dominique120

just reply here or send a pm if you can help me , so i can give you the link :)

@Limos if you could help me with this you will be a god to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
So the 8.60 cipsoft client does not want to open the 8.54 spr and dat?

If so you could probably try to edit the signature of your 8.54 spr/dat to match the signature of 8.60. You will need a hex editor.

says "saved failed" check if the file is open in other program

That's because the editor you're using doesn't have the rights to edit the file. When opening the editor, use "Run as administrator", and also make sure the folder the files are in is accessible by all users.

If so you could probably try to edit the signature of your 8.54 spr/dat to match the signature of 8.60. You will need a hex editor.

yes it does not want to open my dat/spr that is 854
can i do that? if so that would be great!! but i dont know how to use hex editor :/

yes it does not want to open my dat/spr that is 854
can i do that? if so that would be great!! but i dont know how to use hex editor :/

Lol man, just do what has been suggested already, open the 8.54 file with ObjectEditor and press Compile as > 8.60. And I told you up there how to fix the problems that are popping up with this. Trust me, that's easier than hex editing.

Lol man, just do what has been suggested already, open the 8.54 file with ObjectEditor and press Compile as > 8.60. And I told you up there how to fix the problems that are popping up with this. Trust me, that's easier than hex editing.
okay thanks i tried it but got this
Code:
Error: Unknown flag. flag=0x81, previous=0x0, category=Item, id=101.
    at nail.otlib.things::ThingSerializer$/readProperties5()
    at nail.otlib.things::ThingTypeStorage/loadThingTypeList()
    at nail.otlib.things::ThingTypeStorage/readBytes()
    at nail.otlib.things::ThingTypeStorage/load()
    at nail.objectbuilder.core::ObjectBuilderWorker/onLoadFiles()
    at nail.objectbuilder.core::ObjectBuilderWorker/thingsErrorHandler()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at nail.otlib.things::ThingTypeStorage/load()
    at nail.objectbuilder.core::ObjectBuilderWorker/onLoadFiles()
    at nail.signals::Signal/dispatch()
    at nail.workers::ApplicationWorker/mainToWorkerMessageHandler()

i has been looking for a tutorial to edit my spr/dat signatures but i can't find anything
im trying to change mines spr signature : 439852B2 for example...
to something diferen i pres ctrl + f to find them via text but i don't know i cant find the signature.
would you mind to help me pls? man
regards

Back