• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Jungle

Herpicus

Web Developer
Reaction score
So what do you guys think about the new jungle? I've tried it in PBE and it's quite a nice change. Would like it if they hired a gardener though, the grass too tall, makes hard to gank!

Discuss

Haven't seen anything yet, might try it out later tonight.
I just need to read up somewhere to find more information about this.

Tried it on the PBE, clear time is too long now, even Lee Sin requires ~4 minutes for his first clear.

Here is a bit of news for all you who enjoy killing off those gold filled pinatas we call neutral creeps; Morello and Statikk have both taken to the forums to discuss some upcoming changes to the jungle!

Continue reading for a clump of red posts concerning what we can expect out of these future changes...
mundojuing.jpg

The discussion about this all started with Morello's reply to a summoner's comments about the Jungle being too "safe" and the lack of being able to out farm an enemy jungler to gain some sort of advantage.
"Yes, we agree wholeheartedly with this problem. Jungle changes will happen."
He continued on to comment that these changes will POSITIVELY impact single target junglers, such as Warwick, saying:
"Jungle changes will have a big impact on single-target junglers especially."'
rammusjung.png

Statikk continued to expand on the jungle changes and revealed more details of what Riot is aiming for, saying:
"We've actually been working on changes for the jungle in anticipation for Season 3 and though I can't really give all the details here because we are still iterating, I'd like to give you guys some insights into what's going on.

There are a multitude of issues we're tackling and they are very much intertwined. The current dominant jungle strategy (GP10 Support / Tanks) is fairly stagnant and the overall current jungle playstyle in many cases severely limits potential strategy and choices in other lanes/roles as well.

One large problem is that efficient farming of the jungle has very little pay off compared to constantly applying lane pressure by camping / ganking. Overall junglers severely lack in gold unless they successfully gank and snowball the game from the get-go and/or opt for a GP10 strategy.

The approach we're currently taking is to significantly increase the rewards of jungle camps over time (junglers already have a huge impact on the early game). To go along with this though, we are buffing jungle camps back up to actually be more threatening while simultaneously offering new / improved item paths that allow players to specialize in the jungle. Overall we want junglers to be rewarded for building combat stats rather than always being forced to build gold generation items.

This is not the only thing we're changing in the jungle for next season, but these types of things are definitely on our radar."
If you've been around a while, you may notice this sounds like the opposite of what we saw from last year's jungle changes. Here is Statikk's reponse to a Summoner commenting that this is just Riot reverting the last set of jungle changes:
"In some ways, yes, though not completely.

We aren't going all the way back to the extreme of the old jungle where you would just get crushed unless you were Warwick, but we do feel there is a happy medium between Season 1 and Season 2 that we can strike.

The biggest difference here though is that we will be offering itemization that will help champions who need that extra boost in the jungle. Champions who are already super strong in the jungle may opt to not build these items, but it's pretty interesting to see what new junglers may become viable with these new items."
He stretched that sentiment a little further with his last post, saying:
"Well a lot of the directional changes we're making for Season 3 are to make sure there are niches for the various jungle types.

For example, the nerfing of the jungle camps' damage really left no room for "safe" junglers such as Warwick since sustain was no longer a thing. Everyone can just clear with Boots + Health Pots and apply pressure to lanes.

When we do these changes for Season 3, there may be some junglers who are simply too strong in too many categories and we'll have to address that in the context of the new jungle. Overall though, we're looking to make sure there's a reason to bring X jungler over Y jungler depending on the situation."
This is what I found out ;p, Not really much of a jungler but I don't like the changes :p!

This is what I found out ;p, Not really much of a jungler but I don't like the changes :p!

Well it's a good move by Riot imo. Changing the meta up is exactly what this game needs to not become stale and dull.

For example, the nerfing of the jungle camps' damage really left no room for "safe" junglers such as Warwick since sustain was no longer a thing. Everyone can just clear with Boots + Health Pots and apply pressure to lanes.

Read this and thought cool.
I guess it's a good move seeming as Junglers will be even now & based off the players skill early game.

8453.gif

Hunter's Machete

With the upcoming jungle changes, a lot of the current champions will become more viable. But to prevent every AD to rush Wriggle's Lantern, Riot has implemented a new item designed specially for jungling. Meet the Hunter's Machete. This item can be seen as a Doran's for junglers, but instead of 475g it will only cost you 300g. A more than decent price for a starting item as it allows you to buy health potions too. The Hunter's Machete increases your damage dealt to jungle monsters by a percentage and also adds bonus true damage to your basic attacks against jungle monsters.

I haven't really checked out the jungle changes, mostly only the item/mastery changes.

tbh I'm not looking forward to next patch

Back