• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Not a decent amount of players!

4l13n

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been running several different servers which have both been based on XML, SQLite and SQL (SQL is what i am currently using}.

I have experience in setting up servers and administrating them but that is it. I don't know how to add a different map to a specific distribution. I am currently using the B-Fox distribution but i do not know how to change to a real map or where to find a real map. Any suggestions?

Some other issues i have are as follows:

#1. Very few players play on any of my servers. (The most I had was 12). I am hosting the server in the Middle East and i know plenty of people that play Tibia in the Middle East so there shouldn't be an issue with lag for players in for example Asia, parts of Europe, Africa, etc etc.

#2. I have trainers, teleports, swim system, plenty of monsters and a stable(ish) server. What more things are attractive to people that are looking for a good OT server? For example, a good experience rate multiplier should be around what? Same goes with skills, loot and such. What do people enjoy? Should I use In-game account manager, or the online website account creator? Most people only log out as fast as they experience the slightest lag which is underfstandable.

#3. What maps to people enjoy to play on? What does the majority of OT players like?

#3. I need good tips of good and stable servers (prefferably 8.1) If you have a private working server and do not want to share it with everyone, contact me on [email protected] or if you are using AIM, contact me on [email protected]

Please contact me if you can help me with any of the above, it is very frustrating having a server running and not knowing why no people like to play on it!
Regards,
Erik

You can find a real map on the map download section. Then just paste it on your 'world' folder.. Don't forget to change the map name on your config.lua.

#1 Maybe your server isn't very 'amazing' (not the correct word but :p).
*Try to make your own map. Real tibia maps are very big, and OT players don't like to walk a lot to get on the hunting place.
*Be creative, make new systems, scripts. Get ideas from the player and MAKE THEM HAPPEN.. not only listen to them..

#2 As i've mentioned before, you have to listen (or read the messages :p) from your players, but don't make the stupid ideas, of give free items.. If you're afraid to lose a player who is asking for items just kill him, this kind of players are useless on your server.

#3 YOUR OWN MAP. Players like to play on RPG's map, with quests and role-playing.

#4 The Forgotten Server 0.2.11..
BUT you HAVE to customize it, adding new c++ codes, functions. This is what makes your server UNIQUE..

Cya

Back
Top Bottom