• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ NPC Issues

Mischievious

Reaction score
A lot of NPCs aren't spawning on my map.
also I'm unable to purchase items from some NPCs through the trade function.

I'm running the newest TFS version, client version 10.98 [Real Map]

I'm getting these errors, any help would be must appreciated!

1709615427741.png

Everything looks fine on the map editor.

1709613381732.png

Last edited:
Solution
I'm sorry. I posted the wrong screenshot of my error.

-Updated post
Can you narrow it down at all?

How many npc's do you have on the map? Is this error constantly popping up? Is it only when trying to interact with a certain npc? Or only when map loads? It seems like you are trying to use an npc script from a different datapack than the server you are running. Did you add npc's from an outside datapack recently?

The error gives us a lot of information, just not enough. We know for sure there is an error with "doNpcSellItem", my guess is that you copied from an old datapack the npcs, and brought them into your server. If this is so, you might be able to fix it simply by replacing the npc/lib folder with the one that...
For some odd reason i cant buy items from Xodet.
the trade function works for other NPCs but not him.

I'm getting these errors, any help would be must appreciated!
View attachment 82715
Open the file that the error is originating from, in this case npc.lua and add on line 16 this:
Lua:
local ITEM_STACK_SIZE = ITEM_STACK_SIZE or 1
and it should resolve your issue, if it doesn't then I suggest you examine that xodet's script, and find the "doNpcSellItem" calls, and make sure they have all 7 parameters being passed, or at minimum I would make sure it has the first 5 parameters for sure.

I'm sorry. I posted the wrong screenshot of my error.

-Updated post
Can you narrow it down at all?

How many npc's do you have on the map? Is this error constantly popping up? Is it only when trying to interact with a certain npc? Or only when map loads? It seems like you are trying to use an npc script from a different datapack than the server you are running. Did you add npc's from an outside datapack recently?

The error gives us a lot of information, just not enough. We know for sure there is an error with "doNpcSellItem", my guess is that you copied from an old datapack the npcs, and brought them into your server. If this is so, you might be able to fix it simply by replacing the npc/lib folder with the one that originally came with the server you are using, ofc, then your "new" npc's you imported probably won't work properly, but we should get a new error in that case, one which would allow us to move forward with getting your server to where you want it to be, working without errors (and with the npc's you wish to have).

Solution
You're right about me copying an old npc datapack. i've actually managed to import all the correct files and have fixed all NPC issues.
Thanks for your time and assistance! <3

Back