• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Original MMORPG Project

Advent

Custom RPG Maker
Reaction score
STORY TIME

Yo, my name is Artur and I am from Poland. I am 22 years old. Tibia is with me for really long time, it feels like it's part of me right now. I don't mean grinding, real stuff etc but engine, client, atmosphere. Since I was kid I really wanted to make something bigger, greater. I have been doing many researches in order to learn how to do things and edit Tibia as much I can so I would be able to make a game based on this one but better, a lot more interesting and entertaining as well. I have been learning everything, story telling, programming, scripting, pixel art, web design. I went to IT University of Technology and did my best to fulfil my dream which is to create amazing story and multiplayer game and I spent a hell lot of time gaining experience, doing researches, making notes and improving myself in order to be able to complete that. I am currently on 4th semester of my university. I wanted to finally created a game. I started with rogue-like game and text adventures to learn basics, created simply game on SFML, Unity and learned that to write working and well protected client and server by myself would take forever and I still have no enough knowledge to do so. Then I went back to Tibia and saw that we have now fully released client and with knowledge I already gained and will gain, time and experience I can complete my dream. I have a great story with potential to be something really big and ideas for amazing systems which would make this game other than these which are already released. Being original is hard but I tried my best to think of it at first place. I won't forfeit my project no matter what.

TLDR : I have always wanted to become a game developer and create MMORPG. It's almost impossible to do for one person so I want to make use of open client and server sources and make my dream come true. I have a lot of experience with Tibia, designing and IT, programming and a little with game development.

I am looking for person who is at least decent pixel artist or/and want to learn as all the graphics are going to be custom made. I would like this person to be very creative and have a lot of ideas in mind, being able to support me and give me constructive criticism. I have already decent character base and am working on tiles. At least one person which would be interested in creating world where older players like those who will begin with MMO could have pleasant experience and feel urge of never ending adventure.

At this point I don't think that I need someone else. I am not looking for scripter or programmer. I can compile sources, code, write scripts myself without problem. I will look into OTClient sources and learn it when time will come but I have hard time finding someone to support me and help overall

Reward :

I am not doing it for money so if you do then this place is not for you certainly. You don't have to work full time, neither will I. I have studies and girlfriend but I am spending at least 4 hours every day (and a lot more to be serious) being focused on project only. When server is going to make profit I will use these money to improve server or rent another one. If there will be more money than that I will give you fair share. Of course you are going to be on exactly same access group as me when it comes to position in game.

Message me here or facebook

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011131606628

Have a nice day =)

I am not hoping for much but maybe at least one person will answer and help me out with constructive criticism or experience at least. See you in future :)

Hello, Advent. Long time no see.
My life is in similiar state (except for the project part plus I'm 2 years younger than you).
PM me or something if you want a small talk ;p

Last edited:
@zbizu ! Long time no see indeed. I still remember asking you about help with LUA language, oh sweet old times.

Synnical thank you very much for your support, I am pretty sure it will but it will take some time and help would be appreciated. It's not like pixel art is something what cannot be learned ! Unfortunately there aren't many people interested in pixel art nowadays but I will keep on trying to find someone and practice my abilities.

@Refresh

Pixel artist to tilesets in low color palette would be appreciated. Also someone who is good with storylines and ideas. I like to discuss things or just get a constructive critique and opinion on things. Right now I have managed to practice pixel art and create some decent tiles, started to give this project some shape too. Also wrote down a lot of ideas and lore lines ! I am so hyped :3

Back