• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OT-List] Top OTS

Looks really cool, though I still think otservlist is going to stay the most popular. Some things never change :p

Having your server here AND on otservlist is great though.

I like this alot. Hopefully you'll stay legit and not become as scumbag Otservlist :p
Dont worry, it wont ;D

Looks really cool, though I still think otservlist is going to stay the most popular. Some things never change :p

Having your server here AND on otservlist is great though.
Thanks, well you never know ^_^

I have a ton of issues with OTServList personally.
I don't like the information you have to enter when creating a server (It's basically designed only for RL Maps).
I will brainstorm and give you some ideas so you can totally destroy otservlist.org in terms of features and presentability.
Though you do need to fix up your layout a bit so it is easier on the eyes, pick a theme and go with it.

First thing I would do is change this damn uninformative list!
Name - IP - Players - Uptime - Exp - Client - Type - Country
I have ALWAYS hated this being a person that only makes completely custom OTs.
Reasons:
  1. Custom servers do not have an EXP RATE! SO there is no number we can logically put in this slot, neither do war servers. Plus most servers use Experience Stages. So this needs to be re-thought and done in a way so people looking at the list can easily recognize this. (I'll have to think on how this could be done)
  2. "Type" being PvP-E, PvP- No-PvP, War, etc is very dumb. It should be: RL MAP, RPG, EVO, WAR, OTHER.
  3. There should be a Patch Notes section for each server, and every time they add more, it should update the server to the next version level (starting at 1.0, and climbing from there). And you should be able to search by Recently Updated Servers in your advanced search.
  4. There should also be a "Event" slot, where if a server is having a Double EXP weekend, or some other event, you can see that easily from the server list.
And that's just what I can think of from the top of my head!

I have a ton of issues with OTServList personally.
I don't like the information you have to enter when creating a server (It's basically designed only for RL Maps).
I will brainstorm and give you some ideas so you can totally destroy otservlist.org in terms of features and presentability.
Though you do need to fix up your layout a bit so it is easier on the eyes, pick a theme and go with it.

First thing I would do is change this damn uninformative list!
Name - IP - Players - Uptime - Exp - Client - Type - Country
I have ALWAYS hated this being a person that only makes completely custom OTs.
Reasons:
  1. Custom servers do not have an EXP RATE! SO there is no number we can logically put in this slot, neither do war servers. Plus most servers use Experience Stages. So this needs to be re-thought and done in a way so people looking at the list can easily recognize this. (I'll have to think on how this could be done)
  2. "Type" being PvP-E, PvP- No-PvP, War, etc is very dumb. It should be: RL MAP, RPG, EVO, WAR, OTHER.
  3. There should be a Patch Notes section for each server, and every time they add more, it should update the server to the next version level (starting at 1.0, and climbing from there). And you should be able to search by Recently Updated Servers in your advanced search.
  4. There should also be a "Event" slot, where if a server is having a Double EXP weekend, or some other event, you can see that easily from the server list.
And that's just what I can think of from the top of my head!
Did you even try to add your server? :p

I didnt exactly get point nr3. And the event slot, how exactly should it be? a drop down list like doubl exp etc or? o_O

and what else should we include in the type(drop down) field? also there is a map field (drop down) where you can choose either it is rl map, evo, custom etc..

Did you even try to add your server? :p

I didnt exactly get point nr3. And the event slot, how exactly should it be? a drop down list like doubl exp etc or? o_O

and what else should we include in the type(drop down) field? also there is a map field (drop down) where you can choose either it is rl map, evo, custom etc..

You guessed right, I was at work when I read this so I didn't have a chance to add my server yet.

I see you do have the option to select Map Type, but it should show on the OTS List Main Window (Make a column for it)
most people choose which server to look at by just scrolling down the main list. So making the Main List be as amazing as possible will be what makes Top-Ots shine.

As for the Patch Notes... I would want it something like
upload_2013-8-28_18-8-56.png
After Clicking Server Update, you'd just write out all your patch notes, such as:
Update 1.1:
Balanced Knight and Mage Vocations
Fixed a few map bugs
Added in 3 quests
Fixed some Typos in a few NPCs​

Then when looking at a server, it will show the version.
And when you select the server it will show the most recent patch notes, and have a button to "View Older Updates".

Anyone else agree with this?

I don't like havingthe uuptime in the main list. So I may replace it with mapttype. About the update patch. I'll see how this should be done. And try to do something about it.
Thank you for your feedback

Added map type in the list
knYuBlM.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys. right now Im adding striped style to tables so you can see line perfectly!
Also adding a new header soon =)

If anybody want to help me translation to a new language msg me :D

Thanks guys. right now Im adding striped style to tables so you can see line perfectly!
Also adding a new header soon =)

If anybody want to help me translation to a new language msg me :D
The Swedish one isnt even correct :)

Back