• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient + RME bug? not sure how to phrase it.

Skadarn

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a map from (GitHub - Brunowots/RealMap-Global-8.0-TFS1.2 (https://github.com/Brunowots/RealMap-Global-8.0-TFS1.2)) that I'm trying to make compatible with 7.6 RME, after using conversion tool (OpenTibia - Convert any map to 7.6 (https://otland.net/threads/convert-any-map-to-7-6.259410/post-2742755)) I get the 7.6 conversion and put it into RME.

I downloaded the cipsoft clients 8.0 and 7.6, put those .spr / .dat into folder otclient\data\things\800 and 760
Clients downloaded from (OTSME DL - data/tibia-clients/dat_and_spr (https://ots.me/downloads/?dir=data/tibia-clients/dat_and_spr))

I have RME from github (Release v3.7 · hampusborgos/rme (https://github.com/hampusborgos/rme/releases/tag/v3.7)) with nothing but (OpenTibia - [RME 3.x] RME Modification 3 (https://otland.net/threads/rme-3-x-rme-modification-3.235972/)) extensions added to it.

When I open the map having set the "Client Version" in "Preferences" for client 8.00 to otclient-main\data\things\800 and 7.6 to otclient-main\data\things\760 it looks like this.

1718464089398.png

If I do however choose to open it up with the .dat / .spr files outside of OTClients maps it looks normal. (normal cipsoft client folder downloaded from OTS).

1718465356206.png

So my question is how do I get this compatible with OTClient? Any tips? :)

Last edited:

Attachments

Sure! I added them below.
What about items.otb? That's file that converts map.otbm IDs to Tibia.dat IDs (server ID <-> client ID conversion).
There is probably some items.otb file in 800/760 subfolder of RME and there is some file in OTS data/items/items.otb. Are they the same?

What about items.otb? That's file that converts map.otbm IDs to Tibia.dat IDs (server ID <-> client ID conversion).
There is probably some items.otb file in 800/760 subfolder of RME and there is some file in OTS data/items/items.otb. Are they the same?
The items.otb in the subfolder of RME is taken from the nekiro downgrade files that I'm using, there were no data folder in the client downloaded from OTS so no, they are not the same I guess? I also tried switching the item.otb for 8.0 to the one connected to the 8.0 map that I'm showing in the post.

This is the folder with the client 8.0
1718482951969.png

Below are the items.otb for 8.0 and nekiro 8.0, nekiro 7.6. The 7.6 is actually 7.72 if that matters.

I renamed the files to make it easier to differentiate them, usually only called items.otb ofc.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe try Releases · OTAcademy/RME (https://github.com/OTAcademy/RME/releases)

DId u previously use some customized RME or tibia clients for creating maps?

Which OTclient are u using? Are u 100% sure your path is correct? Maybe by mistake you are providing a path to a modified client from another ots.
Is there a good way to check that the path is correct? I'm guessing RME uses %appdata% but how do I know if my RME connects to it haha

The OTclient I'm using is the one from (GitHub - edubart/otclient: An alternative tibia client for otserv written in C++11 and Lua, made with a modular system that uses lua scripts for ingame interface and functionality, making otclient flexible and easy to customize (https://github.com/edubart/otclient))

I did a little bit of work a few years ago in RME, not with any customized RME or anything, but maybe that folder is somehow still active (maybe got backed up when I switched computer and installation folder still on the other drive). I did a fresh install on the C: drive so did not even think it might be another RME installation folder somewhere. I'm gonna check and edit this message with what I find ^^

Attachments

Last edited:
@Skadarn You have two others clients? Cipsoft 8.0 and custom 8.0 and your bugs are only on custom?
If its true then recompile items.otb from your datapack, change with otb in RME and done.
In item editor you need click on create missing objects or items idk and save file.

below tibia spr/dat 8.0 downgraded to 7.60 but u need only items.otb with this sprites.

Attachments

Last edited:
If you are using my script you don't need 8.0 files at all. You will get a 7.6 .otbm map file from the conversion. From your screenshots you 100% not using default 7.6 files (many custom sprites), which will lead to believe YOU are fucking up big time something, and there is no fault on the script or RME at all.

If you are using my script you don't need 8.0 files at all. You will get a 7.6 .otbm map file from the conversion. From your screenshots you 100% not using default 7.6 files (many custom sprites), which will lead to believe YOU are fucking up big time something, and there is no fault on the script or RME at all.
The script is working great, when I open the map in RME with the client files (.spr, .dat) from a map outside of OTclient no bugs occur except for some misplaced spawns etc. but that's no worries. It's when I reference the client files from OTclient folder that those "custom sprites" show up.

I tried to save the map in a folder not in OTclient (no bugs) but those weird sprites show up ingame when I then launch the server with OTclient as my client, TFS as server and map downgraded through the script.

I will try again with a fresh install, from scratch and see if the problem still occurs, maybe it's me who is fucking up big time, not sure how though since I'm not using any custom sprites, not that I know off at least. I'm learning as I go here, thanks to all of you for responding and coming with ideas to fix it! :)
Post automatically merged:

@Skadarn You have two others clients? Cipsoft 8.0 and custom 8.0 and your bugs are only on custom?
If its true then recompile items.otb from your datapack, change with otb in RME and done.
In item editor you need click on create missing objects or items idk and save file.

below tibia spr/dat 8.0 downgraded to 7.60 but u need only items.otb with this sprites.
I only use OTclient as my client. The .spr and .dat files are from the same protocol from Cipsoft client though (I think that's how you are supposed to do it?)

Only when I put the preference in RME to the OTclient folder the bugs show up, not if I choose for example the exact same files in a random folder on the computer with nothing else in it.

I will give it a try and see what happens :) thank you

The script is working great, when I open the map in RME with the client files (.spr, .dat) from a map outside of OTclient no bugs occur except for some misplaced spawns etc. but that's no worries. It's when I reference the client files from OTclient folder that those "custom sprites" show up.

I tried to save the map in a folder not in OTclient (no bugs) but those weird sprites show up ingame when I then launch the server with OTclient as my client, TFS as server and map downgraded through the script.
At this point I need a video of what you're doing. From start to finish, from putting client files, configuring RME and opening the map. There is no way a fresh RME install with fresh cipsoft files would do this.

Back