• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster OTS Hosting Service 2023 w/DDoS Protection

Since I don't consider it a good practice to use XAMPP nor UniServer in a production environment, the Windows Hosting Service I offer is preconfigured with IIS, PHP and MySQL.
I believe that in a Windows environment, the most optimized webserver has to come from Microsoft and IIS does a good job. It works fine with PHP. MySQL is installed as a system service straight from the official website.
Now, if someone (like @God Mythera) decides to use UniServer, we don't prohibit that, everyone is free to do that with their server. We just don't support that as it introduces all the issues we worked to avoid in the first place.
IIS is fine, too. Anyway I usually dont use windows as a hosting environment for my projects anymore.

IIS is fine, too. Anyway I usually dont use windows as a hosting environment for my projects anymore.
And I've been advocating the same for a long time. We keep this option only for those servers that don't have source and have a GUI, therefore it's not possible to use wine for them. Clearly, some people don't believe us when we say Linux is better for that.

And I've been advocating the same for a long time. We keep this option only for those servers that don't have source and have a GUI, therefore it's not possible to use wine for them. Clearly, some people don't believe us when we say Linux is better for that.
Acctually I havent attempted to use wine for my customers TFS, I might try it some time but I am all busy with moving everything to new systems :D

Since I don't consider it a good practice to use XAMPP nor UniServer in a production environment, the Windows Hosting Service I offer is preconfigured with IIS, PHP and MySQL.
I believe that in a Windows environment, the most optimized webserver has to come from Microsoft and IIS does a good job. It works fine with PHP. MySQL is installed as a system service straight from the official website.
Now, if someone (like @God Mythera) decides to use UniServer, we don't prohibit that, everyone is free to do that with their server. We just don't support that as it introduces all the issues we worked to avoid in the first place.
I just wish you gave trials you know, because i have already wasted 12+ hours of host and possibly more then that today because i wont find someone to help me, like i said if i knew it would take this long i wouldnt of purchased it so soon...

edit: If i cannot find someone to help me in the next 24 hours i will just left the host die, will be a waste of 78$ that i gave hoping that id get a little support.

edit2: If anyone is willing to help me please private message me and i can pay good for the help, im sure it will take minutes to fix...

I just wish you gave trials you know, because i have already wasted 12+ hours of host and possibly more then that today because i wont find someone to help me, like i said if i knew it would take this long i wouldnt of purchased it so soon...

edit: If i cannot find someone to help me in the next 24 hours i will just left the host die, will be a waste of 78$ that i gave hoping that id get a little support.

edit2: If anyone is willing to help me please private message me and i can pay good for the help, im sure it will take minutes to fix...
This makes no sense to me..

How can you waste 12 hours on something so simple like installing uniform server (everything is explained on both their website and if you just google)?
If you need a tutorial to watch Znote made an great video tutorial showing exactly everything you need to do to get it up and running.
https://otland.net/threads/video-tu...ing-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/

I do not like you're attitude against anyone who has any inputs/feedback regarding your questions either..
Also calling someone a "looser" just because they likes someones post is just childish.

You can easily just use IIS to host the AAC/website and get the support you need from @Don Daniello or use another webserver and try to solve it on your own.

Hello everyone!

@God Mythera, if you will spend a few minutes to read the any manual, error.log file and check your database instead of writing regrets in your posts above - your server will be available in about 1 minute after UniServer installation. ;)
I fixed it and then your server is working now: http://mythera-realm.sytes.net

Good luck

Hello everyone!

@God Mythera, if you will spend a few minutes to read the any manual, error.log file and check your database instead of writing regrets in your posts above - your server will be available in about 1 minute after UniServer installation. ;)

Good luck
Well said, Sir :D

Hello everyone!

Good luck
I thank you so much, you are the best! But i got a small problem, what is the ip you use to connec to the router to edit the ports?

ok.gif
Port 80 (People can connect to your website)
error.gif
Port 7172 (People can not see their character list)
error.gif
Port 7171 (People can not join your server)
error.gif
You can not run server. Please open required ports!

Last edited:
I thank you so much, you are the best! But i got a small problem, what is the ip you use to connec to the router to edit the ports?

Code:
[IMG]http://otslist.eu/images/ok.gif[/IMG] Port 80 (People can connect to your website)
[IMG]http://otslist.eu/images/error.gif[/IMG] Port 7172 (People can not see their character list)
[IMG]http://otslist.eu/images/error.gif[/IMG] Port 7171 (People can not join your server)
[IMG]http://otslist.eu/images/error.gif[/IMG] You can not run server. Please open required ports!
Seems like you didnt portforward correctly.

They opened the ports not me : | i need to know the ip to log into router to open them...

edit: Now it wont let me import my database, i thought you said i could import my database? Because if i cant i bought this host for NOTHING...I am just getting upset and frustrated because over a day now of host wasted.

J6Foftf.png

Last edited:

ok.gif
Port 80 (People can connect to your website)
error.gif
Port 7172 (People can not see their character list)
error.gif
Port 7171 (People can not join your server)
error.gif
You can not run server. Please open required ports!

Did you configure Windows Firewall? I guess not. I have configured that for you now. Clearly, it's not a problem with the server, nor the router. Which, by the way, you would never get access to.

In general, the idea of port forwarding doesn't apply to any servers that have public IPs. Port forwarding can only exist if NAT is used and NAT is never used in our service and I don't know of any data center that uses NAT and private IPs for customer's servers. I've seen people bring this up again and again... why?

They opened the ports not me : | i need to know the ip to log into router to open them...

edit: Now it wont let me import my database, i thought you said i could import my database? Because if i cant i bought this host for NOTHING...I am just getting upset and frustrated because over a day now of host wasted.

J6Foftf.png
I see you love to complain about your mistakes. Clearly, the error says it's MySQL error number 1005. If you google that, you'd know it's a foreign key error in your query. Everything is fine with the server, it's a problem with your query.

J6Foftf.png
Lol portforwarding is done via the firewall not the router whej you rent a vps.hvps.have you acctually watched znotes tutorial?

I see you love to complain about your mistakes. Clearly, the error says it's MySQL error number 1005. If you google that, you'd know it's a foreign key error in your query. Everything is fine with the server, it's a problem with your query.

@Don Daniello, I told him about his database. He didn't restore it correctly, so i did it to NEW database, changed their config.lua and notified his about this.
I don't know why he's trying to working on crashed database "realmap" :(

@God Mythera, you have to understand that Windows Server you have is different from your Windows 8.1 in home pc, so it needs some knowledge besided copy, paste and writing posts on otland.

Now - WebServer, MySQL and OTS are working. Windows firewall has rules to allow OTS traffic.

22580526556194031801.jpg

Good luck.

Back