• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster OTS Hosting Service 2023 w/DDoS Protection

Last week of November promotion: Double RAM or a free .pl domain for a year!

In anticipation of platform upgrade in our American location, new servers will not be built until Sunday evening (6.12.2015). This does not affect European location.

Last edited:
Launching new servers in American location is temporarily unavailable - Europe still available.

Edit: Launching servers in both location is now possible again! Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
Despite not using his service right now, i do recommend it, especially for new to hosting users. Very easy. However it is on the slightly more expensive side.

We have upgraded our service with improved configuration. Several changes are listed below:
  • Base OS: Ubuntu 15.10 and systemd (previously: 14.04 LTS).
  • PHP was upgraded to 5.6 (previously: 5.5)
  • MySQL was upgraded to 5.6 (previously: 5.5)
  • Improved welcome message & commands
  • TFS 1.2 (master) is compiled by default (previously: 1.0)
  • DevAAC installed out-of-the-box is not crashing
  • Compilation of any TFS version is still possible!
  • We now support running COMPILED BINARIES FOR WINDOWS (through wine)!
After this update, we can now run most of windows-based OTS distributions on Linux! This means you can run almost any OTServ/TFS/Anything executable found on the Internet without having the source! We can help you find out if that will work if you are interested in a trial before you buy our service.
By using Linux server to run a windows-based OTS binary, you save money because it is cheaper!

We are giving out 3-day trials for free if you are interested in trying out this service.

We are currently working on a new collection of tutorials and guides to running TFS effectively with systemd!

We have upgraded our service with improved configuration. Several changes are listed below:
  • Base OS: Ubuntu 15.10 and systemd (previously: 14.04 LTS).
  • PHP was upgraded to 5.6 (previously: 5.5)
  • MySQL was upgraded to 5.6 (previously: 5.5)
  • Improved welcome message & commands
  • TFS 1.2 (master) is compiled by default (previously: 1.0)
  • DevAAC installed out-of-the-box is not crashing
  • Compilation of any TFS version is still possible!
  • We now support running COMPILED BINARIES FOR WINDOWS (through wine)!
After this update, we can now run most of windows-based OTS distributions on Linux! This means you can run almost any OTServ/TFS/Anything executable found on the Internet without having the source! We can help you find out if that will work if you are interested in a trial before you buy our service.
By using Linux server to run a windows-based OTS binary, you save money because it is cheaper!

We are giving out 3-day trials for free if you are interested in trying out this service.

We are currently working on a new collection of tutorials and guides to running TFS effectively with systemd!

Are you guys gonna update PHP to 7 anytime soon? :)

February promotion (whole month): We will double your RAM for any server that you order in February. That makes it $5/GB/month!
Applies only to servers located in America.

you still have the services up? if yes can we talkabout it somewhere else besides the forums here?

thanks

February promotion (whole month): We will double your RAM for any server that you order in February. That makes it $5/GB/month!
Applies only to servers located in America.

New
you still have the services up? if yes can we talkabout it somewhere else besides the forums here?

thanks

I'd like to start by saying, I switched to @Don Daniello 's service as I was under the understanding it would be a top quality service (as it is not a cheap service). Since i've moved every person i've told im on don's service instantly says uhoh...... and ever since moving it's been a painful experience. From them not setting up the main server properly (confirming that twice in their support chat saying Ooops we forgot this, we forgot that) then a week in saying "oops we forgot to configure the latest ddos protection to your server" and then 3 weeks in (after having paid 3 weeks) the test server we also purchased also not being properly setup and requiring them to finish setting it up.

Almost everyday for anywhere from 5-60 minutes our servers (test server also) receive insane lag spikes for a certain region and full kicks/disconnects. It's usually either all NA players or all EU. we've been confirmed by his service that these are "standard network hickups" and "they cant control all the switches" and thats its simply something out of their control. At first we thought this was scripts, but our cpu never runs over 7-8% during these kicks and like I said, they confirmed it was network "hickups". We we're with another service for 5 months before this and only had 1 time in the 5 months that we have a connection issue, and it was promptly fixed, and we we're given a discount on our following month as an apology.

I just want to warn people, if you are looking for a high quality service, this is not the one to sign up for.

It's been an awful experience 5 weeks in and I really wish I wasn't convinced into signing up for 3 months for 2 servers with them for a discount.

@Sir Knighter:
OVH where Don Daniello's servers are hosted currently have huge issues with their network. When he said it's beyond his control he didn't lie - he doesn't have an access to OVH's infrastructure. Also keep in mind that Internet is build from millions of equipment which he doesn't own and to which he has no access and every single of them can fail and cause masskick to some of the players.

Oh and btw. OVH's reported revenue in 2014 was 240M €. Imagine that despite such a huge amount of cash they still can't guarantee a stable network... Imagine how complex it has to be.

@Sir Knighter:
OVH where Don Daniello's servers are hosted currently have huge issues with their network. When he said it's beyond his control he didn't lie - he doesn't have an access to OVH's infrastructure. Also keep in mind that Internet is build from millions of equipment which he doesn't own and to which he has no access and every single of them can fail and cause masskick to some of the players.

Oh and btw. OVH's reported revenue in 2014 was 240M €. Imagine that despite such a huge amount of cash they still can't guarantee a stable network... Imagine how complex it has to be.
So basically you're saying this is just something i'll have to live with until I switch services? It's just so odd because we we're with OVH for 5 months before and didn't have these issues. Nor do others I know that are on OVH's network.

@Sir Knighter:
Until you build your own internet you have to live with it ;) Riot Games tries to do that now so we will see how it goes for them ;)
Anyway. You are not the only one with the problems. All the servers on the otservlist.org struggles with lags and kicks. Here you have the graph of Fortera-global.net which is also hosted in OVH Canada (http://s7.postimg.org/yd2nll3ru/screenshot_598.jpg). You think that changing the host will help you? Well... Here is the graph of Hexera.net hosted in Hosteam (http://s7.postimg.org/7tenx6sm3/screenshot_600.png). In the last week we had 21 smaller or bigger masskicks.

Don't count on the datacenter that they will fix a problem because it's unlikely they will do it. All you can do is implement anti-kick mechanisms to damage control.

@Sir Knighter:
Until you build your own internet you have to live with it ;) Riot Games tries to do that now so we will see how it goes for them ;)
Anyway. You are not the only one with the problems. All the servers on the otservlist.org struggles with lags and kicks. Here you have the graph of Fortera-global.net which is also hosted in OVH Canada (http://s7.postimg.org/yd2nll3ru/screenshot_598.jpg). You think that changing the host will help you? Well... Here is the graph of Hexera.net hosted in Hosteam (http://s7.postimg.org/7tenx6sm3/screenshot_600.png). In the last week we had 21 smaller or bigger masskicks.

Don't count on the datacenter that they will fix a problem because it's unlikely they will do it. All you can do is implement anti-kick mechanisms to damage control.
Okay thank you xinn for your feedback

This bothers me to the point I feel a need to point it out. "we were* with". we're = we are
Apologies, was typing on my phone

It's the last day of our America Double RAM promo!
Also, in case you want to test out our service, we currently offer 3-day trials.

Although the project i was working on wont be a reality anymore, when trying out DDG everything went just fine when setting up my server and is really nice that it also has everything you need already installed.

Keep up the good work :)

I am thinking of doing the 3 day test trial, do you do it for Windows? Also i am looking for a host for my realmap server. It is 8.60 and the map size is 90.8 MB if i can afford it i will try out the trial host i just wanna be 100% sure this will be the best host for me.

If you wanna know more about my server:

https://otland.net/threads/usa-myth...-free-points-open-beta-ends-april-1st.240779/

I also plan on purchasing a countdown from Otservlist.org on april 1st - april 3rd

Back