• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Poll] Rise of Abbadon: Which is more important to you?

What is most important to YOU, when you play a OT Server.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
We know all aspects of a server are important, if you are lazy or have a weak area of your server it probably won't go far.
I want to know what you care about most when you play a server.
Here are your options explained:

Player Vs Player (PVP)
Balanced PvP, with interesting mechanics.

Progression
Content such as hunting areas, items, and other obtainable things.
A server with good progression means you can play for a long time and never feel you have reached your full potential. There is always more power to gain, more places to go, and more items to get.

RPG
RPG would include Quests, Tasks, Lore, and other story-driven tasks.
A good RPG server would have tons of quests to do, NPCs to talk to, Boss battles to take part in, Raids, and other story-driven events.

SO let us know what YOU think is most important.
PvP, Progression, or RPG.

Every OTS should have all three. I voted for RPG as the most important, but I feel RPG and "progression" are equal in this sense.

RPG and progression should come along with an extra outcome that is called PVP.

RPG/progession for me :) Mostly RPG because I'm rolling a healer and would love to see much bosses/hunting zones/quests where healers are really needed :D

You can't just choose 1, all 3 are very important. Unbalanced pvp means lots of power abusers and you can't hunt properly. With progression you need enough content to keep players playing, make monsters have rare drops, MONSTERS, not mini bosses, there should just be enough stuff to do so you don't feel like you're forced to only do 1 thing. I pretty much only play servers that are RPG because servers needs lots and all kinds of quests, tons and tons of secrets and hidden things, some type of story line/lore also makes it more interesting. Anyway you look at it all 3 things are equally needed so you should focus on all 3 and not just 1.

I chose Progression because pvp is something fought by a team(back in the time in RoA) atleast 1vs1 didnt work out good and is actually not balanceable between a priest and hooligan(know that feel bro) and you will add quests anyway. Progression all the way.

RPG and pvp! big wars with high levels and all different classes would be very interesting

Our goal in RoA is to provide fun in all 3 areas.
The promotions, Tier Sets, and new Towns you get access too is progression.
Bounty Hunter System and balanced PvP should hopefully stop random pking but still allow players to War if they wish.
and the quests, libraries and story-line should provide the RPG.
(And we are working on having lots of intricate quests, they just take WAY more time than anything else, expecially when making them good)

If I were you I'd combine progression and RPG.
And don't force players to know the storyline.

If I were you I'd combine progression and RPG.
And don't force players to know the storyline.

I won't force anything, but it's easier to figure out puzzles in quests when you know what the fuck is going on.

Back