• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ram for real map?

vivarjor

Reaction score
Hello otland! , i would like to know wat's the amount of ram i would need to run without lag the real tibia map , i have atm 4gb , but i think it's not enough right? maybe 8gb? :S

Thanks you!

Depends on the OS. Four is enough for Linux, but six is recommended. Six is enough for Windows, but eight is recommended.

TFS 0.4 will idle around 4-5.

with a 80 mb map you will do fine with 2 GB ram(2+how much OS need to run in GB)

XP + 80 Mb Map = 2.5 Gb Needed.
Vista + 80 Mb Map = 3.5 GB Needed.
Win7 + 80 Mb Map = 3 GB Needed.

64 bit server on 32 bit computer = crash most likely.
32 bit server on 64 bit computer, and you need (the needed ram*1.5) to be on the safe side.

Counting a 8.50 real map server with all npcs/monsters/actions you will need another 0.5 Gb of ram.
This is what you need minimum for it to run without freezing your computer up and without crashing the server.

But to secure the laggs as well you'll need another 1 GB of free space on ram for players to be on.
And on top of that you'll need 1.5+ Ghz processor in dual core or more.
Single core processors will most likely not be very good for a server.

If you top this. you're good to go, else make smaller server or upgrade your computer.
While I'm telling you this, I can add that every player will use around 20 bytes of internet per second to be online.
Up to 5 kb/s, it can't pass 5Kb because if it does the client will crash of information overflow (maybe 20 gms are in the screen holding in auto hotkeys spamming 50 different spells for a minute).

Edit: bugged scripts will withdraw your ram pretty fast.
a bugged npc can easily wight 100x more than same npc without bug.

Well my map is 25mbs and its good with my 4gb ram, with a 4gig jumpdrive using it as a readyboost just because all the global and creature events i have and adding. but im building a custom desktop to host my server and also a real map. and im gonna have at least 12gigs. i have 2 friends hosting real maps and they have 8 gigs of ram for theres. U really cant just go by ur ram u also have to look at ur cpu, graphic card not so much. only thing that helps is fater refreshing and wud be able to edit maps easier. also it goes by what scripts etc u have in ur server certain ones will slow it down. thats where the cpu comes in.
hope that helps some.
tjay

Back