• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTs 7.7 Clone Project

Good work my man. I'm impressed! I too started a project 2 years ago with an avesta distribution. But it's just been sitting for the last year. I recently started it again. It's no where near completetion. But it's fun as hell. And learning. Although I have a question about the NPC turn speed, right now they react immediately when you move. I don't remember it being like this back in the day but maybe I'm wrong. Since I think you said you used avesta sources I just wanna know if you've noticed this?

I say you follow through with this project but maybe up the rates so that it isn't as slow as Realots. Because honestly if Ruskaa's project fails or Dennis leaves and people start quitting then they can make a smoother transition over to your server.

My question is though, are you going to include the custom aspects of Realots like upping attack damage on weapons, enchanting equipment, custom map/hunting spawns, rogue GM's and Godworms?

Good work my man. I'm impressed! I too started a project 2 years ago with an avesta distribution. But it's just been sitting for the last year. I recently started it again. It's no where near completetion. But it's fun as hell. And learning. Although I have a question about the NPC turn speed, right now they react immediately when you move. I don't remember it being like this back in the day but maybe I'm wrong. Since I think you said you used avesta sources I just wanna know if you've noticed this?

That problem is due to creature think interval, it's normal. Though you can decrease it's interval.

I say you follow through with this project but maybe up the rates so that it isn't as slow as Realots. Because honestly if Ruskaa's project fails or Dennis leaves and people start quitting then they can make a smoother transition over to your server.

My question is though, are you going to include the custom aspects of Realots like upping attack damage on weapons, enchanting equipment, custom map/hunting spawns, rogue GM's and Godworms?

Indeed we've added to the server configuration (gold rate & min gold drop per monster), since like some guy said on THE RealOTs thread, having to loot 5 gold per rotworm is horrible.
Having said this, as an OTServer with such capabilities, we're able to even add a config option saying (add weapons attack value) to add let's say +10 to all weapons, another way is to modify vocations.xml since it holds formulas for each vocation (melee damage formula, distance fighting damage formula, shielding formula, etc..) We could simply increase knights melee damage and decrease mages and paladins, so that they need a knight when trying to hunt big monsters, there are just so many capabilities in an OTServ that makes it a better option.

pretty much, if Dennis is busy or decides to drop out Ruuska won't be able to do anything on his own
>implying Ruuska is the only one on the team
>implying Ruuska's team members aren't more knowledgable than Dennis
>implying that they aren't paying Dennis to help

We could simply increase knights melee damage
Can be done on Cipsoft's/RealOTS server.
add let's say +10 to all weapons
, having to loot 5 gold per rotworm is horrible
Iryont multiplied the gold drop of all monsters by 1.5x when he hosted, as well as double the spawn rates.
(melee damage formula, distance fighting damage formula, shielding formula, etc..).
Why would you fuck with formulas? Cipsoft's formulas are PERFECT, and have been perfected. I would NEVER EVER change them on RealOTS EVER.

Only thing you can do that's worth while is change the RSA key, but I still believe the RSA COULD be changed on RealOTS/cipsoft's server.

Last edited:

Iryont multiplied the gold drop of all monsters by 1.5x when he hosted, as well as double the spawn rates.

Why would you fuck with formulas? Cipsoft's formulas are PERFECT, and have been perfected. I would NEVER EVER change them on RealOTS EVER.

Only thing you can do that's worth while is change the RSA key, but I still believe the RSA COULD be changed on RealOTS/cipsoft's server.

I obviously know more than you about RealOTs.

When talking about formula changes is something like this (melee damage formula = 1.0, to 1.5) that increases it by 50%, not the main damage calculation formulas you got it wrong.

how red your face is when you post
zpPrEd9.png

I'll laugh really hard at your face when it's known an OTServ finally beat RealOTs, and mostly done by a single person ;)
I'm 99% trolling you btw, take it easy.

By the time someone manages to "replicate RealOTS" no one will care anymore as open tibia will be dead anyways.

I'm 99% trolling you btw, take it easy.

By the time someone manages to "replicate RealOTS" no one will care anymore as open tibia will be dead anyways.

Everything dies, nobody lives forever.

Everyone is aware of "OpenTibia Development" dying slowly, but OTS aren't dying, there are still a big amount of servers running, Tibia is still on a steady 19~25k players online, meaning that we've years before Tibia dies.

And RealOTs is replicated already, using even .NDB files for NPCs, everything is as exact as it should be, even the most secret places are included, the NEVER SEEN (since Tibia 3.0) before keys are included, I don't understand why is it so hard for people to understand that this server, was made from RealOTs original files.

It will be shown once the website is complete, and I convert explorer.ndb (I have no passion to do it yet). That's all we need.

Everything dies, nobody lives forever.

Everyone is aware of "OpenTibia Development" dying slowly, but OTS aren't dying, there are still a big amount of servers running, Tibia is still on a steady 19~25k players online, meaning that we've years before Tibia dies.

And RealOTs is replicated already, using even .NDB files for NPCs, everything is as exact as it should be, even the most secret places are included, the NEVER SEEN (since Tibia 3.0) before keys are included, I don't understand why is it so hard for people to understand that this server, was made from RealOTs original files.

It will be shown once the website is complete, and I convert explorer.ndb (I have no passion to do it yet). That's all we need.
You lack the source files, nothing you ever do will be the same ;[

Back