• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[RPG] FantasyOt 10.41 (Long-term project)

Do you like RPG servers?

• Total voters
5/7/2014 Update (remember all this may be temporary):

Old vocations:
Sorcerer (Spell DMG)
Druid (Healer / Lower spell DMG)
Knight (Tank / Close-combat)
Paladin (Distance / Balanced)

Vocations being worked on:
  • Choosable in-game after a short tutorial and explanations.
  • Removing the evo feeling.
  • Changing roles(?)
Mage (Spell DMG, summoner)
Promotion: Wizard

Priest (Healer, Regen powers)
Promotion: Monk

Soldier (Tank, Close-combat, low but fast DPS)
Promotion: Warrior

Archer (Distance, no mana(?), high but slow DPS)
Promotion: Marksman

• All vocations will have access to common spells and access to their own spells.
  • All vocations will have access to common runes and access to their own runes.
  • Each vocation will have a specific role, sometimes needed for completion of certain missions(?)
  • Each vocation will have completely different equipment at higher levels.
  • After a promotion, the specific vocations will gain access to better regeneration, new items, new spells, runes, new doors and quests.
The whole post and ideas can be changed after your suggestions; everything is remodeled after player's thoughts!

This post is old, things may have changed since then, feel free to ask on Skype: lifehie.

Kind regards,
Testerus

Last edited:
Looks interesting, good luck and hope to see it complete one day. :)

+1 for Customs, I hope you finish it one day, the community needs it.
Im looking forward to more actual information. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Lots of thanks to everyone.
More information soon!

you will use own sprites?
I decided to use a few custom sprites for late gameplay
and maybe a small amount of different items or sets around,
I won't use for example custom monsters or environment;
but this will only occur if the players want that.
Until now I only got positive feedback about the custom
sprites idea. The only problem there could be is the client,
I don't think everyone enjoys downloading a new client.
That's why this will be further discussed. I just wanted to
give a short information about this subject. The sprites
will be made by a spriter (obviously) that will work with us,
if we finally take a decision. Good thing you asked me,
I was gonna talk about it but totally forgot.​

Last edited:
Having custom sprites would be nice but yeah, not everyone wants to download a client, however having a custom client will also keep away botters because it's 8.60, unless you will let them use it.

however having a custom client will also keep away botters because it's 8.60, unless you will let them use it.
plz don't use 8.6 botversion :( i like the newer versions better

I think soft bot should be accepted unless it's
CaveBot and/or can give you advantages.

Concerning the client (8.6) about this problem,
There are a few ways to get rid of it:

1. Having an eye on botters.
2. Making a custom client.
3. Changing to a higher version.

Personally, I would go for 1.
Not because I hate custom clients, but because I like 8.6.
And I think we might be able to get rid of them manually.
I would go for a custom client too, but as I said,
that remains a decision to make.

The server will be opened for testers this week.
Just check the status on the main post.

Please remember that we need testers for a good beginning,
and the project it's only beginning, so don't have high expectations.

Thank you!

Last edited:
You could also use 8.54 for it? I think it's very close to 8.60, maybe a higher version will work too but PVP isn't the same because of that cooldown they added and other stuff, you can lower it but don't know, does't feel the same. Can't say more because I'm not playing much higher versions :p
7,6/8,6 forever xD

I remember when I did a custom RPG. It had tonnes of custom vocations (40 in total), though these vocations where achieved through an advanced promotion system (both to ease up the vocation choice and the give some complexity in game-play as every class was good at something and could aid your party). Every single one of them had unique spells and an ultimate ability that you used soul points instead of mana. Reworked skills. Different attackspeeds for different weapons. Much harder creatures and human type creatures looked different. (e.g Bandits had the same abilities like the players. You never knew if you were going to fight a bandit mage or a bandit fighter as they were random (both in vocation and looktype) and as mentioned above much harder). Every item was renamed, and redone. Set bonuses and all that was included. Crafting was implemented. I redid the the currency to coppers/silver/gold. Though it was quite hardcore as steel armoury was expensive. You oftenly had to be happy with iron and leather armors and weapons. Magical staffs and other possibly magical items/high end armors was really hard to come by (as they were extremely rare drops from either creatures or random treasure chests). The project eventually died because of the map. The map was huge but empty and I didn't have enough time to map it. The map is one of the things you want to have done. I would suggest to get your map done first. At least if you are planning to have a big map (or expanding it while the server is up). Anyways, custom sprites eh? Sounds interesting. I've been spriting myself. But the sprites have been for either updating the old tibian sprites or to give sets their missing pieces. I wish you all of luck in your project. We really need more immersive and awesome servers in the OT community. I hope you might find some inspiration in my post. Have a good day!

And yes, I did it alone. I suggest getting mappers as that will ease up your work.

So far looking nice man keep it up, u should do five vocations but have the last vocation u have to have a group of 10 people from different ip to get

The server is online for testers right now!
You can join us at: http://fantasyot.servegame.com
Client version: 10.41

Please remember that we need testers for a good beginning,
Thank you for testing, you can send all your feedback right here or on Skype: lifehie.

Kind regards,
Testerus

Last edited:
ill test it, seems interesting and long time i didnt play another than rl map
can we apply for quest-makers or you already have?

Thanks to all testers, I will keep the server opened till monday.
Made a list of suggestions, ideas and fixes, that will get into the game later today.

Kind regards,
Testerus

I see that you're taking this very seriously and I hope that someday you will finish it.
What I would like to see in an RPG server:
  • Big game map, give us something to explore with a lot of hidden treasures and secrets.
  • Story line, but you have to be careful with this.. try to make it so you can also progress by exploring not just the story line.
  • New custom items and monsters would be amazing, but I don't think they are necessary.
  • Enchants on set pieces, but make it hard to obtain. Add an enchanting skill and depending on that skill you can add better enchants to your items.
  • Add a lot of side quests, as I said before have a big map where you could be exploring and out of nowhere you find an npc needing your help! He/She has lost his/her items in the deepest of all the caves; something like that.
  • Make the players have to get in a party to be able to kill strong monsters (Bosses), with that said, it will be amazing if you could give every vocation a high role in their team's win/lose ratio. For example, you will really need to have a tank and a priest to block a monster, but if you really want to kill this monster you will need some mages and/or archers. (This would only apply for "Bosses", we wouldn't like to play a server where you can't kill anything as a knight)
  • Something that some "RPG" servers lack is transportation... Why not have some wagons, horses, boats, etc for traveling?
Other features: (Might be hard to do, but its just something that would make an "RPG" server a little more rpgish)
  • Food system. Make it so food is a must, after all you can't do anything if you're feeling hungry!
  • Potions. Alchemist skill? I've always found it cool if you have to collect items in order to create/make your own potions.
  • Crafting. I really like houses, but I think that if you had to collect items in order to create/make/craft your own furniture it would make it much cooler.
  • Add little shop tents in the city (Market Street) where any player could set a shop and leave it running there for x hours, the player could set the prices and how many items they would like to sell. For example, if I wanted to buy a better sword, I would go to the "Market Street" where you can find a lot of shops that other players have set and look for the cheapest one there. Oh, don't forget that if you were to do this, whenever you look in the item in display you will see the price and its owner.
  • You could choose between "bad" and "good" side, each side would have its advantages. I know what you're thinking, no player should have an advantage over the other, but you could make it so a good-player could do whatever a bad-player could do as lower level. For example; a level 100 good side player could go to this place where a level 50 bad-player could go and vise versa.
  • Addon. Addons would give bonus like most of the servers. Make monsters drop a parchment that will give you a specific addon, but make it rare.
  • Teleports. I know this might sound contradictory, but it depends on how this is made. Why not make a really long quest in which you will need to get a lot of items from different monsters to be able to get in to the teleports room? Or you could do it so if you have 100 orc leather you could get into the orc teleport? (These teleports will take you to the same place that you could get by walking, but if you want to go back you would need to walk or use any other way of transportation.)
Well I hope you don't give up and you keep on doing this, I would really like to play it sometime in the near future. (I also hope you understand what I'm trying to say :))

Best regards,
SpookieGamer.

Last edited:
I see that you're taking this very seriously and I hope that someday you will finish it.
What I would like to see in an RPG server:
  • Big game map, give us something to explore with a lot of hidden treasures and secrets.
  • Story line, but you have to be careful with this.. try to make it so you can also progress by exploring not just the story line.
  • New custom items and monsters would be amazing, but I don't think they are necessary.
  • Enchants on set pieces, but make it hard to obtain. Add an enchanting skill and depending on that skill you can add better enchants to your items.
  • Add a lot of side quests, as I said before have a big map where you could be exploring and out of nowhere you find an npc needing your help! He/She has lost his/her items in the deepest of all the caves; something like that.
  • Make the players have to get in a party to be able to kill strong monsters (Bosses), with that said, it will be amazing if you could give every vocation a high role in their team's win/lose ratio. For example, you will really need to have a tank and a priest to block a monster, but if you really want to kill this monster you will need some mages and/or archers. (This would only apply for "Bosses", we wouldn't like to play a server where you can't kill anything as a knight)
  • Something that some "RPG" servers lack is transportation... Why not have some wagons, horses, boats, etc for traveling?
Other features: (Might be hard to do, but its just something that would make an "RPG" server a little more rpgish)
  • Food system. Make it so food is a must, after all you can't do anything if you're feeling hungry!
  • Potions. Alchemist skill? I've always found it cool if you have to collect items in order to create/make your own potions.
  • Crafting. I really like houses, but I think that if you had to collect items in order to create/make/craft your own furniture it would make it much cooler.
  • Add little shop tents in the city (Market Street) where any player could set a shop and leave it running there for x hours, the player could set the prices and how many items they would like to sell. For example, if I wanted to buy a better sword, I would go to the "Market Street" where you can find a lot of shops that other players have set and look for the cheapest one there. Oh, don't forget that if you were to do this, whenever you look in the item in display you will see the price and its owner.
  • You could choose between "bad" and "good" side, each side would have its advantages. I know what you're thinking, no player should have an advantage over the other, but you could make it so a good-player could do whatever a bad-player could do as lower level. For example; a level 100 good side player could go to this place where a level 50 bad-player could go and vise versa.
  • Addon. Addons would give bonus like most of the servers. Make monsters drop a parchment that will give you a specific addon, but make it rare.
  • Teleports. I know this might sound contradictory, but it depends on how this is made. Why not make a really long quest in which you will need to get a lot of items from different monsters to be able to get in to the teleports room? Or you could do it so if you have 100 orc leather you could get into the orc teleport? (These teleports will take you to the same place that you could get by walking, but if you want to go back you would need to walk or use any other way of transportation.)
Well I hope you don't give up and you keep on doing this, I would really like to play it sometime in the near future. (I also hope you understand what I'm trying to say :))

Best regards,
SpookieGamer.

I will really consider this post, and will try to make almost everything in here.
Had a few testers today, got some ideas and will fix some issues.
Thanks everyone for your interest on this project.
Anyway, the semi-beta is updating everyday.

A spriter/story-writer joined our team today.​

Last edited:
This is looking really good.

I can't script or map or anything, but between and after exams I'd love to help with the testing. Let me know if you need me.

+1

This is looking really good.

I can't script or map or anything, but between and after exams I'd love to help with the testing. Let me know if you need me.

+1

Thanks!
And yes, I need anyone that can test out and give feedback, report or suggest something.

aohJ_.png

I'm working on some updates, and I'll maybe add suggestions from a big list.
If anyone is interested in joining the staff just message me please.

Thank you everyone!

Last edited:
Back