• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Short Alpha Footage Videos - Platforming and Campfires 2.0 (2/21/2015)

Update! (No video for this one... yet)
I just finished making NPCs save to SQL!

This means Inventory, and Storage Values of NPCs will save for server restarts.

This means NPCs can grow over time, participate in quests, have Stock (It's possible for shops to run out of items) and money (its possible for shops to run out of money so they cannot buy any more items).

They also have equipment, items, and can be killed (they will respawn at temple).

The goal is to have NPCs be simulated players. Making the world more alive, more unpredictable, and much more fun.

Haha, cool! How did you make them wood falling ani and stone?? Look relly nice

Today! (2/21/2015) I thought I would show off some Platforming ideas and the new campfire version 2.0!

Let me know what you think!
wtf ,is it tibia? cuz i didn't see anything like this before and i think i won't the only one who made somethings like you is @Printer, nice work grudging

wtf ,is it tibia? cuz i didn't see anything like this before and i think i won't the only one who made somethings like you is @Printer, nice work grudging

Honestly, the final goal would be, replace all sprites, all UI, and change the game enough so that it IS NOT tibia in any way.

If I can make it "not tibia" then I can actually advertise, post it on Steam, put it on other websites, etc without any fear.

Honestly, the final goal would be, replace all sprites, all UI, and change the game enough so that it IS NOT tibia in any way.

If I can make it "not tibia" then I can actually advertise, post it on Steam, put it on other websites, etc without any fear.
Honestly man after watching these videos, I've gotta say you've invested a lot of time getting things done and it's great to see you finishing a project. You're the only person I've seen on this forum who continues to work on such a complex project and still even when someone messages you for help, you provide them help as well. Real scholar my friend. Keep up the good work.

Yeah Was looking into the major game advertise platforms and if every single tile is not Changed you can get into trouble. Funny that ui is something what can remain the same

Yeah Was looking into the major game advertise platforms and if every single tile is not Changed you can get into trouble. Funny that ui is something what can remain the same

I never looked it up, I just know if I don't use anything Cipsoft owns, then they cannot do anything.

Besides, gameplay on my server will be very different than tibia, even the default controls won't require 3 hands like tibia does. (Tibia's control scheme is terrible)

You'll move with WASD, default hotkeys will be 123456, etc, and pressing tab will highlight closest monster and you can tab through other creatures on the screen then select follow/atk/look/ with alt, ctrl, or shift.

And you can change the keybindings to whatever you want, so if you want to change it back to tibia's then you can, but you can literally choose every keybinding and set what you want it to be.

I never looked it up, I just know if I don't use anything Cipsoft owns, then they cannot do anything.

Besides, gameplay on my server will be very different than tibia, even the default controls won't require 3 hands like tibia does. (Tibia's control scheme is terrible)

You'll move with WASD, default hotkeys will be 123456, etc, and pressing tab will highlight closest monster and you can tab through other creatures on the screen then select follow/atk/look/ with alt, ctrl, or shift.

And you can change the keybindings to whatever you want, so if you want to change it back to tibia's then you can, but you can literally choose every keybinding and set what you want it to be.
Cipsoft own the rights by their client and sprites, change it and anything you do is owned by you :)
btw this sounds nice, keep up the good work :D

i want to do the same for my serv, but no idea how to do it atm.
right now if i play tibia, then i use selfmade macros.

...and pressing tab will highlight closest monster and you can tab through other creatures on the screen then select follow/atk/look/ with alt, ctrl, or shift.

You are already making the combat more skill-based, but that "feature" is going to ruin it. Unless I'm misunderstanding what highlight is.

I guess it highlights the target (white thing around it) then if you press for example ctrl it would attack the target (red thing around it) I really like that and I don't see how that's easier than a mouse, and improving the hotkeys of tibia is really cool imo - since they're pretty shit already.

I guess it highlights the target (white thing around it) then if you press for example ctrl it would attack the target (red thing around it) I really like that and I don't see how that's easier than a mouse, and improving the hotkeys of tibia is really cool imo - since they're pretty shit already.

Yes, it's the same thing as using the battle list, when you hover your mouse over something in the bettle list you get a white square, and if you click it, it will attack, and I think shift+click follows.

Selecting a target (putting a red attack box, or green follow box) should NOT be skill-based. Casting spells, using abilities, and character movement should be skill based.

Yeah that was my bad, I thought that if some creature had the white square you could directly "do" something to that position.

Well I know thread is old but I would really like to know about future of this project..

Still being worked on, I will be sure to let EVERYONE know when it is almost ready.

Takes time when doing really custom stuff. And I suck at editing the OTClient, so it takes longer than normal.

Back