• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
It's so fucking hard to play druid. :p. (i am newb on tibia). Ask Halfaway. ;)

I am lvling a sorc (always druid, everyone who knows me knows that, but decided to try sorc in the newer versions) and it's not really too hard. The regen is kinda low for a beta though, as it's only 5 mana non promotion. I'd like to see it higher for beta because I went from lv 8-31 and can only afford a total of like, 90~ mana fluids from looting all gp and items to sell? Couldnt find the creature product seller but still. So @HalfAway would you consider maybe making regen for mages maybe 3x of what it is now? (non promo anyway, idk what it is for promo) It would help a bunch and would actually be useful to get to newer areas and check for bugs even more!

Lifer, you really want the easy life? shit man lol

Usually I wouldn't agree with him, but in this case it makes some sense. The reason for this closed beta is for the testers to discover as many bugs as possible, preferably as soon as possible so the server can be launched for the whole community to enjoy. If you keep people from finding bugs easy/fast (for example because the mana gain is quite slow), it will only set your server back.

Ofcourse, as soon as the real server launches everything should be reverted to fit the exp/skill/magic rates.

You have to understand, That if you get to high level fast, you will destroy the whole ot. Meaning you will find secrets which you shouldn't have in the start, because thats for later game. thats why he doesn't want to spoil everything just yet. Well thats at least why i think he has it like he does.

You have to understand, That if you get to high level fast, you will destroy the whole ot. Meaning you will find secrets which you shouldn't have in the start, because thats for later game. thats why he doesn't want to spoil everything just yet. Well thats at least why i think he has it like he does.
and yes, then comes the release and played finds the secret and its bugged, because noone made it into secrets in beta.

and yes, then comes the release and played finds the secret and its bugged, because noone made it into secrets in beta.
I think when we will notice the low level buggs, he will check the higher ones as well. As of course a dummy test.

I think when we will notice the low level buggs, he will check the higher ones as well. As of course a dummy test.
it doesn't work like that.

I'm starting to see how real is the position "tester".
He might have few hundred unique functions for exact purpose.
and on that exact function is dynamically used by 200 objects.
You can't just "oh had problem here, i wonder does it still work here" and you have to check all the 200 objects to check them.

In other end, testers (players). If they find something what isn't suppose to work like that, you can backtrack the issue trough action and object id.

Maybe i didn't explain too well, but what i was trying to say is that, its not easy to find problems on assumption.
Best way is to simply play trough everything and stumble upon bugs.

Besides most of the time, bug what happen tend to go away when fixed in 1 place (if codes are written well)

I leveled a pally among with Kamil who played druid.
My damage was barely a quarter of his.

Druids are strong compared to other classes, however I didn't get to level my beloved sorcerer class yet so I can't tell how balanced is druid compared to sorcerer, or knight.
Druids aren't anything hard to play, but yeah, practice makes perfect.
Vocation balancing is definitely something HalfAway and I will look into, however I think he is focused on fixing the most important things at the moment.

Which is what we will do in when the release is there. End game will be end game, if there are errors, it will be fixed when there. Thats fair enough since every big game has done that. Its not like world of warcraft ever let people do all the end game raids to say hey guys, now you know the tactics and you can easily headshot the whole thing, but you might have found 1-2 errors. Na that stuff is his jobb, and "our" your job is to check the errors in the start, so it can be easier for newcomers to play it.

Which is what we will do in when the release is there. End game will be end game, if there are errors, it will be fixed when there. Thats fair enough since every big game has done that. Its not like world of warcraft ever let people do all the end game raids to say hey guys, now you know the tactics and you can easily headshot the whole thing, but you might have found 1-2 errors. Na that stuff is his jobb, and "our" your job is to check the errors in the start, so it can be easier for newcomers to play it.
world of warcraft has over x amount testers before they let it test by players..

It wasn't ment to compare it in that way, you have to think about how many players that will play here, meaning and x % of people will know more than everyone else. And that % is significantly lower in WOW. People here will most probably get friends, so 70% of this server will more or less know each other in a way or two. Meaning everyone will get the piece of the cake. As in wow. maybe 0.01% of the community knew a little bit extra.

It wasn't ment to compare it in that way, you have to think about how many players that will play here, meaning and x % of people will know more than everyone else. And that % is significantly lower in WOW. People here will most probably get friends, so 70% of this server will more or less know each other in a way or two. Meaning everyone will get the piece of the cake. As in wow. maybe 0.01% of the community knew a little bit extra.
usually "secrets" are unique things and can be tested out by server owners themselves and can be cut out from beta testers.
There is no reason to not increase the exp rates for beta.

yes i got that. that's why i said its actually good to increase the exp rate.

The exp rate now, should not be higher. It would destroy the server, and ppl get to high to fast. And the population falls, it depends ofc on how long the mission/questchain holds.

The exp rate now, should not be higher. It would destroy the server, and ppl get to high to fast. And the population falls, it depends ofc on how long the mission/questchain holds.
we are talking about BETA..

Im not saying the exp rate at all though! Also, people keep saying that, its BETA people, things are usually different in the BETA to make it an easier gameplay to get places quicker. I asked him to maybe higher the mana regen rate so you can actually not stand around and wait for regen (as its beta, and I can barely afford manas even after looting and selling everything) and I want to go around and find as many bugs as I can. Already found a few minor ones, who knows which major ones are out there?

@nikolai what I said wasnt toward you. I just quoted yours cause you summed up what other people were saying ^_^ <3

The exp is perfect how it is, even for a beta. I just asked if he'd maybe higher the mana regen a little bit. I've found myself sitting around waiting for mana regen as I cant afford manas even after looting all copper/selling things. It's fine if he decided not to change it, but it's worth a shot so I can go find more bugs rather than wait for mana - thats all.

Back