• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
Sorry for not pushing updates to this thread.. I've been busy working on the reported errors/feedback I've recieved.

I've taken the feedback seriously, I'll from now on update the players alot more.

Current Changelog (just some of it)
The start NPC - The NPC will now point out where you should go when you take the missions.
NPC Updates - Both shop and mission npcs has been updated.
Fixed several map bugs.
Added Crit/Hit system. (More information about that will be posted in another statement).
Fixed a bug that caused some mages to hit alot with their runes and spells.
Fixed some bugs with the client.
Changed behaviour/attacks/heal intervals on several monsters.
Removed missplaced monsters.
Fixed misspellings in the NPC conversations.
Added a NPC that buys creature products.
Edited some quests rewards.
Added more secret quests.
Made some changes to the conjouring systems.
Website changes.
Remaped some parts that didn't look good.
Added a new location and city to expand the map abit.

Edit:

The release date has been postponed.
I won't post any more dates and create false hope until I really know I can launch the server on the date that has been set.

I'd like to release a "bug free" server instead of something that has been rushed.

Kind Regards,
HalfAway

Alright fair enough, now we know what we can expect and what has happened so far. This is all most people want, a small post every 2-3 days with an update of how it's going.

Good luck with fixing everything, hopefully I'll be able to play once it launches then.

So, today I got invited to the closed beta.

So far I gotta say I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Only thing I found quite disturbing is how the client felt very un-optimized somehow. Felt "plastic" in some kind of way, but on the other hand I always get that feeling from the OTclient.
Every time I sidestep, I get a weird kind of lag.

Also, I've found myself walking over both trees and bushes a couple of times. What causes this? Im not sure, but it seemed to have something to do with sidestepping and putting attack on a monster at the same time and then sidestepping back to my original position, that's when it happened I believe.

Would be sweet to see DirectX9 as a possible graphic option, might solve the problems I've experienced. However I do believe it's the base of the OTclient that just simply is badly optimized somehow.

Also, @HalfAway, you know I reported a couple of "map bugs" earlier, found this as well:
315cd0787d466fbd65717d35b000c9f0.png

Time to get some sleep and continue my adventures tomorrow.

Keep up the work, got a great feeling about this server. :)

@mich3208 Why is it that you acctually assume the server is ready to be launched? Because the beta testers didn't decide to post everything here? Maybe it is a closed Beta for a reason? To not leak all the information?!
Another point I will just never be able to accept is that a person having nothing to do with the project states it is ready due to what he/she read. How could you possibly know what bugs are left to be fixed? In the end all you get is second hand information from beta testers who decided to share their experiences with the community.
Always keep that in mind!

Kind regards,
Damon
I've never really liked closed betas but I definitely see the benefits of them, they're much easier to manage the reports of bugs (sorting them from most important to minors) this is most likely the main reason @HalfAway chose to do a private beta. :)

The server just crashed I think @HalfAway.

So I'll take some time to say a few words about what I've experienced so far.

I'm playing as knight, which I do know are weak in the start compared to other vocations. Farming cash to buy a barbarian axe for 4k was not the funniest thing I've done, if I put it that way.

However, this would've been no problem at all if there was some quest relatively close by that was decently easy to find that would give you a better weapon, maybe a knight axe? But so far I haven't found anything like that. I do know there's a fire axe quest somewhere tho.

The lack of possibilities to gain skills without hunting is a huge pain in the ass I gotta say. Sure, I'll agree with the fact that trainers ruin the RPG feeling a bit. But at least give us offline trainers or something similar, cuz playing a 47 knight with 51/38 and barbarian axe just isn't very pleasing xD.

Last edited:
The server just crashed I think @HalfAway.

So I'll take some time to say a few words about what I've experienced so far.

I'm playing as knight, which I do know are weak in the start compared to other vocations. Farming cash to buy a barbarian axe for 4k was not the funniest thing I've done, if I put it that way.

However, this would've been no problem at all if there was some quest relatively close by that was decently easy to find that would give you a better weapon, maybe a knight axe? But so far I haven't found anything like that. I do know there's a fire axe quest somewhere tho.

The lack of possibilities to gain skills without hunting is a huge pain in the ass I gotta say. Sure, I'll agree with the fact that trainers ruin the RPG feeling a bit. But at least give us offline trainers or something similar, cuz playing a 47 knight with 51/38 and barbarian axe just isn't very pleasing xD.

About the trainers, Half has gotten my idea of a training system, I won't tell it out to anyone, but I'm sure he's going to implement it.
All I can say is that you won't just train from beginning, but you will have to earn it.

Yeah I didn't explore as a knight yet, I know I have gotten some axes for my knight somewhere, so that's not a problem to be honest.

Aand there's going to be WIKI so you will probably find such information there :)

@topic keep it up, Dudeski @HalfAway

About the trainers, Half has gotten my idea of a training system, I won't tell it out to anyone, but I'm sure he's going to implement it.
All I can say is that you won't just train from beginning, but you will have to earn it.

Yeah I didn't explore as a knight yet, I know I have gotten some axes for my knight somewhere, so that's not a problem to be honest.

Aand there's going to be WIKI so you will probably find such information there :)

@topic keep it up, Dudeski @HalfAway

Yeah, I know HalfAway said there will be some kind of training system, I just had to bash some :rolleyes: huehuehe

On a serious note tho, to be fair I haven't explored that much yet, but for example, finding an axe along with the k-armor quest would've been sweet.

I'll be looking around some more and hopefully find a decent axe somewhere, or a mob that drops one.......if the server was online :(

I know its saturday and all, but where's @HalfAway?! He's not allowed to have a life right now :(

Yeah, I know HalfAway said there will be some kind of training system, I just had to bash some :rolleyes: huehuehe

On a serious note tho, to be fair I haven't explored that much yet, but for example, finding an axe along with the k-armor quest would've been sweet.

I'll be looking around some more and hopefully find a decent axe somewhere, or a mob that drops one.......if the server was online :(

I know its saturday and all, but where's @HalfAway?! He's not allowed to have a life right now :(

I play as a knight aswell, the start is abit hard yes, but for me its starting to get fun, currently lvl 40, with sux skill, (52 axe).. I didnt take the barb axe, but i dropped halberd in a cyclops, and then took dwarven axe quest i found randomly.
I think the knight will be worth the hard start.

I play as a knight aswell, the start is abit hard yes, but for me its starting to get fun, currently lvl 40, with sux skill, (52 axe).. I didnt take the barb axe, but i dropped halberd in a cyclops, and then took dwarven axe quest i found randomly.
I think the knight will be worth the hard start.

Tell me about that dwarven axe quest, NOW! :mad:

EDIT -
And yes, of course, knights are always worth it in the long run, lots of fun in higher levels.

I just got home and the server seems to run just fine, investigating the problem.

Isnt this cyclops spawn the one from Eternal Kingdoms or whereever? :/

Isnt this cyclops spawn the one from Eternal Kingdoms or whereever? :/

Might have been used in other servers as well, but I know Celestia (that both you and I played) used this spawn as well, just a 7.4 version of it. Probably it's a download from OTland.

It's probably Luffy's cyclops, it's a classic, every server has it.

It's so fucking hard to play druid. :p. (i am newb on tibia). Ask Halfaway. ;)

I leveled a pally among with Kamil who played druid.
My damage was barely a quarter of his.

Druids are strong compared to other classes, however I didn't get to level my beloved sorcerer class yet so I can't tell how balanced is druid compared to sorcerer, or knight.
Druids aren't anything hard to play, but yeah, practice makes perfect.

Hello, I've been reading through this forum post, and find it really interesting!

How is the server looking at the moment, and how far do you think it will be until the release of the server?

Thank you.

Back