• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Custom Stats Discussion

I don't think that Physical Damage and Crit Chance should both be on the Strength stat.

Most games put Crit Chance on dexterity, or agility.
This is because getting more damage and also a chance to crit all on 1 stat makes it the ultimate damage stat.

Also I know you've stated "Speed" can be many things, maybe you should start defining the specifics?

Like:
Strength:
Physical Damage -
Increases physical damage done
Crit Chance - Increases chance for critical strike
Defense - Increases armor? or defense? or both? or something new like block recovery?
Capacity - Increases player capacity
Now we are getting somewhere. I like the idea of:
Strength - Melee Damage
Dexterity - Distant Damage, Crit Chance

But this follows the same problem as before, where a damage stat has crit involved. We need a way to work around this.
Anyone consider critical bonus?
I am not sure what you mean, just more crit? lol

Now we are getting somewhere. I like the idea of:
Strength - Melee Damage
Dexterity - Distant Damage, Crit Chance

But this follows the same problem as before, where a damage stat has crit involved. We need a way to work around this.

I am not sure what you mean, just more crit? lol

He is saying, some games (for example: Path of Exile) have both a Crit Chance and a Crit Multiplier.

So For Example.
  • Crit Chance: (Increases the % Chance of doing a Critical Strike)
  • Crit Damage: (Increases the damage you do when you perform a Critical Strike)

I haven't really read through the thread, but has anyone brought up Shawn/Xagul's stat system from XDC? That was my favorite out of the servers I played with custom stat system. Wouldn't be a bad idea to take a few notes from what he did.

I haven't really read through the thread, but has anyone brought up Shawn/Xagul's stat system from XDC? That was my favorite out of the servers I played with custom stat system. Wouldn't be a bad idea to take a few notes from what he did.

His system was great, but the OP said he wanted only 4-6 stats.

Xagulz had tons of different attributes. To my knowledge I don't think he had a Str, Int, Wis, Dex, Const sytem did he? It was just randomized attributes on armors?

His system was great, but the OP said he wanted only 4-6 stats.

Xagulz had tons of different attributes. To my knowledge I don't think he had a Str, Int, Wis, Dex, Const sytem did he? It was just randomized attributes on armors?
Yea they were randomized attributes on armors with a random armor(for example 5Arm-15Arm) that could vary depending on the tier. However I remember that the 6 attributes were Magic power, Melee power, ranged power, Crit Damage, Crit rate, Regeneration. However, there was also sockets which were randomly on EQ/Weapons to boost either one of these stats.

Edit~ first part of this video shows the customization with the equipment

Nah, he had more than those 6. Just in the video they also showed a movement Stat.

Even so, this thread is not for a server, its just "for fun" discussion of how you would do stats on a server if there was a 4-6 limit.

Nah, he had more than those 6. Just in the video they also showed a movement Stat.

Even so, this thread is not for a server, its just "for fun" discussion of how you would do stats on a server if there was a 4-6 limit.
Oh well that's good at least this stuff is being discussed, but I didn't personally see the movement stat in game so I'm pretty sure that was never actually implemented when it was online. Also there wasn't anymore then those 6 lol

He is saying, some games (for example: Path of Exile) have both a Crit Chance and a Crit Multiplier.

So For Example.
  • Crit Chance: (Increases the % Chance of doing a Critical Strike)
  • Crit Damage: (Increases the damage you do when you perform a Critical Strike)
Yes, yes. I understand that much already, but there is a problem. You previously stated that having a crit dmg multiplier on Dexterity or Strength would be too OP.
This is because Dexterity and Strength are both for Attack Power.
So my question was, how would we work around that?

I also had a theory:

Putting Crit Chance on Strength instead of Agility is weird. Being agile should increase the chance of a critical strike, while being strong would increase the power of the critical strike.
Strength - Power, Crit Power
Dexterity - Power, Crit Chance

But this theory was discussed to be invalid because of the "Double-Power" concept.

Last edited:
Not sure... Maybe you could just not have crits? lol

Or change melee power and distance power to just "Power" and leave it on strength.

Not sure... Maybe you could just not have crits? lol

Or change melee power and distance power to just "Power" and leave it on strength.
So lump all of the Main Damage into a single category, like Attack Power.
Dexterity for crit chance.
Strength for crit power.
And so on?

Starting Stats:
Level: 1
Health: 150
Mana: 50

CHOSEN STATS:
Attack Power:
-Attack Power
Dexterity:
-Crit Chance
-Evasion
-Speed
Strength:
-Crit Power
-Defense
-Capacity
Spirit:
-Mana
-Health
-Spell Reqs

Everything looks somewhat decent except Spirit. What you guys think about that?

Everything looks somewhat decent except Spirit. What you guys think about that?

Vitality:
-Max Health
-Health Regain
-Rivive Chance (higher the chance to restore half health when brought to 0 or a third of health or something like that)
Dexterity:
-Crit Chance (make the damage based off your current damage with a max percent increase == to percent of current critical hit chance)
-Evasion
-Speed
Strength:
-Attack Power
-Defense
-Capacity
Intelligence:
-Max Mana
-Mana Regain
--Element Reflection/Resistance/Absorption (whichever, maybe make it unique to the type of mage, ie vocation)

Hey Codinablack,

I don't like attack and defense being in the same statistic. Other than that, I like the new concepts you have brought to the table like "Revive Chance" and "Resistance" - I am just not sure if these are good as stats that you can increase in such a small group of formulas.
Also, should Strength really be the only power stat? I don't see how Strength effects magic or distance - that is why we discussed an Attack Power stat.
BTW... it is not "regain" :p. It's regeneration (regen).

Keep thinking of ideas, we need outside-of-the-box concepts!

I think people should be able to pick stats so they could customize themselves how THEY want regardless of vocation.
With the stats above a mage will obviously pick Intelligence because it benefits them the most, but what if a mage wants more cap? Strength gives attack power so it wouldn't be worth it for them.
What if mages also want a revive chance? But they don't need max health and health regen so it's not worth it for them.
I hate how most stat systems have 1 generic stat that is the best for a certain vocation.
NO. I should be able to customize my character how ever I want.
Though, I do like the Spirit stat mention above. Health and mana is nice for all vocations and you could even modify it to give more hp/less mana if it's a knight and vice versa.
The stats should be somewhat like that, where it benefits all vocations equally in some way.

I think people should be able to pick stats so they could customize themselves how THEY want regardless of vocation.
With the stats above a mage will obviously pick Intelligence because it benefits them the most, but what if a mage wants more cap? Strength gives attack power so it wouldn't be worth it for them.
What if mages also want a revive chance? But they don't need max health and health regen so it's not worth it for them.
I hate how most stat systems have 1 generic stat that is the best for a certain vocation.
NO. I should be able to customize my character how ever I want.
Though, I do like the Spirit stat mention above. Health and mana is nice for all vocations and you could even modify it to give more hp/less mana if it's a knight and vice versa.
The stats should be somewhat like that, where it benefits all vocations equally in some way.

I 100% agree with you. There should be reason to use every stat available.
This leads back to the original plan:

Attack Power - Power
Strength - Crit Power, Defense, Cap
Dex - Crit Chance, Evasion, Speed
Spirit - Health/Mana/Reqs

How can this be improved?

Hey Codinablack,

I don't like attack and defense being in the same statistic. Other than that, I like the new concepts you have brought to the table like "Revive Chance" and "Resistance" - I am just not sure if these are good as stats that you can increase in such a small group of formulas.
Also, should Strength really be the only power stat? I don't see how Strength effects magic or distance - that is why we discussed an Attack Power stat.
BTW... it is not "regain" :p. It's regeneration (regen).

Keep thinking of ideas, we need outside-of-the-box concepts!

Sorry about the misspelling regen, makes me look noobish. I meant to change attack power to power, and it shouldn't include the damage done by magic you are correct, but is that not why we have magic level already? Maybe we shouldn't factor the spells on the stats, but rather have that stat increase overall and as a result cause increase in factors involved for spells. Like say, under "Spirit" add magic level, where they can increase their magic level, call it something else if you want, but it literally just adds to the magic level. As for distance, why should your strength not count for distance? Sure I suppose accuracy should matter more for an archer, so then why not add that in as well? I was just making some suggestions is all. I still think that you should just use one for critical chance/power. As for the resistance or absorption or w/e, what happened to onHealthChange? Or if you use older distro's onStatsChange? That would do perfectly, are you not trying to add these stats to the player themselves? So how come you couldn't save the value of the Elemental Resistance, check if the player has that value (storagevalues would suffice for this), and if he does use it to manipulate the value of damage absorbed or reflected or resisted?

I believe there shouldn't be more than one of the same stat, why would you make multiple damage stats? I mean if you really want to sure, but why? Each stat is meant to follow along with its name, its grouping, the concepts or grouping we associate with the name of the stat right? Ok so when thinking about it, what is logical, without seeing the sub stats, if you just seen your four stats, where would you expect to look to upgrade the damage you do? Strength! Ok, sure if your damage is based off magic then yeah you would look in intelligence, now you need to increase magic level so add that stat, but lets say you didn't? They could still increase the mana regen, or max mana, so now they can do more attacks right? Or how about a stat in there that determines your cooldown periods? So say the higher the stat the less cooldown on spells...

Just suggestions, I agree with you on Spirit being and inadequate name, that's why I even commented in the first place....

Back