• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Custom Stats Discussion

Cadyan

Reaction score
If you were to influence the stat system of a game, what would you use and how would you do it?
COMMUNITY THREAD! VOTED STATS!

Attack Power:
Attack Power
Base damage of player.​
Dexterity:
Critical Chance
Increases chance to critical hit.​
Evasion
Increases chance to dodge incoming attacks.​
Speed
Increases chance to land the first attack. (Turn-Based)
Increases other. (Live-Action)​
Strength:
Critical Power
Increases power of critical hits.​
Defense
Base protection of player.​
Capacity
Increases weight carriable.​
Spirit:
Mana
Increases base mana? Mana per level? Mana regeneration?​
Health
Increases base health? Health per level? Health regeneration?​
Spell Reqs
Reduces cost of spells?​

Last edited:
If you were to have influence on the stat system of a game, what would you do? Let's keep it simple, with 3 requirements:
1) Four to six total stats.
2) One stat should influence speed.
3) One stat should influence attack power.

I'll update the highest votings.

You would need at least one stat to influence defense too.

-
I'm not sure i get that right
?
My idea of new client / character stats? what can i add when advancing level?

1. Strength (STR) - Increases the physical melee attack power.
2. Dexterity (DEX) - Increases the physical long-distance attack power.
3. Health (HEAL) - Increases a maximum health points and armor / defence.
4. Magic (MAG) - Increases a maximum mana points and magic attack power.

-
I'm not sure i get that right
?
My idea of new client / character stats? what can i add when advancing level?

1. Strength (STR) - Increases the physical melee attack power.
2. Dexterity (DEX) - Increases the physical long-distance attack power.
3. Health (HEAL) - Increases a maximum health points and armor / defence.
4. Magic (MAG) - Increases a maximum mana points and magic attack power.
Yep. stats are gained per level. I updated the thread! I also added some votes of mine.

Last edited:
I think 2 per level and 5 every 10 levels. So when you start out lv 1 the game gives you 2 and explains how to use them etc.. then you gain 2 every level till lv 10 where you get 5. Same for 20 30 40 etc.. so its like a bonus. Then every 100 levels can be 10 so its something to work towards and makes it more interesting to level. Also this creates more uniqueness to character builds early on as well as more interesting game play

I think 2 per level and 5 every 10 levels. So when you start out lv 1 the game gives you 2 and explains how to use them etc.. then you gain 2 every level till lv 10 where you get 5. Same for 20 30 40 etc.. so its like a bonus. Then every 100 levels can be 10 so its something to work towards and makes it more interesting to level. Also this creates more uniqueness to character builds early on as well as more interesting game play
I updated the thread. Instead of "requirements", there are "concepts".

well first..... how would these skills increase is what I want to know..

also a speed skill to me seems kind of broken... keep speed the way it is... if you have a skill thats able to increase your speed that will eventually ruin PvP, unless the way you gain that skill compensates

Won't ruin PvP. If you put 50 pts in speed and I put that many in attack or armor your Donna run up and die faster or not do much DMG.. Ill post my idea for it later..

As far as stats go Krazy, the discussed concept was: "Two stats per level. Bonus with level intervals."
This would mean that you earn 2 stats every level up that can be spent, and a bonus every 5-10 levels or so. Do you agree with this?
I appreciate the feedback on speed, but what if speed worked differently than in Tibia? For example: mini games where "luck" is based on speed. What do you think of this?

Str = Phys DMG + Defense
Dex = Ranged Power + Crit Chance [alternatively, accuracy]
Agility = Movement Speed + Evasion
Vitality = Health + Capacity [alt. + Defense w/o Str]
Energy = Mana + Spell Requirements [alternatively, attack speed]
Magic Level = Magic damage
Weapon Master = [Not able to Upgrade] For skilling weapons

- STR: basically helps melee damage and helps you hit enemies.
- DEX: effects defense values and your ability to avoid enemy attacks and damage of distance attacks.
- CON: the mod effects the health you gain at each level, simple enough.
- SPD: affects character movement
- WIS: affects the amount of energy or Mana a player has

I think this would be best. Also you could do good things like set prestige for each of them. So if you have max 100 on strength and at max it offers +10% protection. After prestige it keeps 5% but starts over so next time could be 15% max. Them set it to a max of 5 prestige so he could max out at 30%.. numbers would be adjusted for each stat ofc..

I updated the thread with some new votes, and also removed the concepts discussion to further discuss game stat votes. I didn't really understand the prestige system you discussed, Raging_Mage, so I didn't include it.

Last edited:
Basically you max out at 100 and at max your skill.. let's say strength.. does 10% more DMG. Once you reachax you go to a NPC and pay to prestige meaning reset that skill to 0 but with 5% protection so this time when you max out(put 100 points in) you will have 15%. Allow like 5 prestige meaning people max out 5 times.. when fully maxed out they will have 3max 30% so they have to put 100 points in 5 times for this.

Whoever has the fastest character wins 99% of pvp battles.

If I am faster than you, you CAN NOT kill me on tibia unless I make a mistake and LET you kill me.
And speed even helps make paralyze less lethal.

Plus, its a MMO. If I can't kill you because I spent too many points on speed, I'll just grab a few friends that also have speed and be an invincible guild of speed-killers.

Back