• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[The Netherlands] RealOTs 7.7 custom client. Launching soon! Playable from the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ruska! What about the exp rates, have you guys come up with a solution for the casual players yet?

For the people saying there is no progress should think twice. Im close to Ruuska and there actually making progress on the server, day by day. As Ruuska told in previous posts somethings require time and it CANNOT be done in 1 day. Rome wasnt build in 1 day either. Please for the people that are excited aswell as me, be calm and have patience!

I get your frustration, but Ruuska and his crew are aiming on a server that will atleast run 5 till 10 years ATLEAST! So it takes time to get it 100% right. Ruuska is a good man and he wants the best for REALOTS and the people are playing it. In my opinion Ruuska and his crew could better make it 100% right before lauching it!

Be patience guys. This is a serious server, wait untill he has sorted everything out, I would rather have everything right and wait another month, than having some kind of fail on the server. Dont you guys also want this to go well? take your time ruuska..

Cheeeeeerrrrrrrrrrs,
Bob

" also get a frag registered and that frag will remain for 8 hours, if you kill 3 players under 8 hours you'll get a red skull that will remain for 30 days"
does this mean u can kill 3 people a day every day without getting a red skull? as long as you dont kill all 3 of them under 8 hours?

Thanks for the support guys, and indeed. How stupid it may sound, we're doing what we can each day! Problem has been that we're not able to do it all on our own. We have a appointment on Wednesday night, Jens and this "pro programmer" will stay up that night to hopefully finish the last pieces in this puzzle!
But as always, I cannot make a promise about it being successful.... The 3 major things we have left to do before launching is Houses, Acc management and the Premium feature. Now I'm pretty sure that acc management and premium are easy to fix, Houses on the other hand is a bit more difficult.

And IF it turns out that houses is the ONLY thing missing for the launch to be perfect. I might, just might consider to launch without houses working at the start.
This if majority of the community votes yes to that in a poll. And i believe it would be kind of fair at the end, since we intend to use the house auction system.
Where bets will be placed on the website, and when the "betting session" is over. It will continue with few minutes of delay each time someone bids.
So this means that if player Linda bids 10.000 gp on a house 03.00 am (when the acution ends). It will firstly be delayed til 03.03 am.
Now if player Superbeast bids 11.000 gp at 03.02 am, It will be delayed til 03.05 am. Get my point? And implementing something like this, connecting it with the files we use is not easy, believe me when i tell you that :)

But IF we'd launch without houses, I'd want to know from a programmer for sure that we can get houses to work within a near future.
This question remains til Thursday this week. (After a full night with Jens, me and the programmer solving problems).
I'll try to keep you guys updated always! But I don't want to spam about nonsense unless it's something important :) Not trying to give you false hope, we WILL succeed with this in one way or another. Just wish i had all the answer for ya'll, but I'm afraid I don't!

And I love the supporting messages! They really help! We're stuck from time to time, and always trying to solve things out, but as easy as it may sound to some people. I can INSURE you it's not!

I'll update again, most likely on Thursday :)
Cheers guys!

Last edited:
realots is worth waiting for, they put on a testserver so it proves they can actually put the server online. It's not like rxrob's server :- )
ryan will you play to ddos people and sneak them? < just wondering>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back