• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[The Netherlands] RealOTs 7.7 custom client. Launching soon! Playable from the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
legitsrs, I ran a test server for 3/4 people to test the monsters A.I, they were surprised how accurate it was to RealOTs, and it was no way near to any OT monsters A.I.
Don't understimate my programming skills, neither as I used to be a daily OTServ SVN commiter.

You should know, I'm not jealous, and I'm not planning to complete with this server, the main plan of me starting the project was to compete with the server engine itself.
I don't even care or want to compete with TibiaNic that's something stupid say.

You should know, I'm not jealous, and I'm not planning to complete with this server, the main plan of me starting the project was to compete with the server engine itself.
I don't even care or want to compete with TibiaNic that's something stupid say.
You sound like you do, you're being a complete asshole to Ruuska and everyone else claiming RealOTS is shitty and limited and cannot be altered at all, which is completely false. Anything is possible in hex. (yes, even a shared exp is technically possible). Difficult yes, possible yes.

legitsrs, I ran a test server for 3/4 people to test the monsters A.I, they were surprised how accurate it was to RealOTs, and it was no way near to any OT monsters A.I.
Yep, I was one of those people. You made the monsters "aggresive", that doesn't mean it's the same as RealOTS (it wasn't.)

Nor did your monsters spam like RealOTS did, it'll never be exact without analyzing the realots monster AI source code which you will never get your hands on.

well bro, I'll stop replying here, this thread belongs to Ruuska's RealOTs, an expandable RealOTs is better, it is, you might not see it just yet.
But well, let's stop the fight there, this server will have it's fanbase, along with mine, or you believe ppl won't play my server? Of course some will, some might not, but it's alright, we are all doing this for oldschool's fate.

Good luck playing this server, hope all problems get solved for launch day.

n expandable RealOTs is better.
An "expandable" 100% copy of RealOTS will never exist buddy, that's what I've been trying to get through to you. The proper resources to do it do not exist.
-Remember! Similar ≠ the same! :)

or you believe ppl won't play my server? Of course some will, some might not,
Very very few will play your server, you'll realize that, and I'll finally get the last laugh. You seem to be too blind to see that however.

Good luck playing this server, hope all problems get solved for launch day.
Why couldn't you of just said that in the beginning instead of ruining your rep/sounding like an ignorant child? :D

That's what I dislike, you're saying stuff that are not true, giving people faith, but like you said, time will prove that this realots will be the same as Iryont RealOTs (people kept asking for new stuff, and new, and changes here and there, but it was impossible for him to do such), even in Valhalla we saw all this, even on other RealOTs, there's always people asking for something that can't be done.

Let's say the broadcasting when a player dies, that's something that people might think can only be done with source editing, I believe it was done with a binary checking for recent deaths on the live data. (but I might be wrong about this one).

Ruuska, why do you think there's never been a single realots with increased regeneration rate? ;)

I started the first realots like 1 month after it launched. Back at that time regeneration actually was 2x. At some point (like 2-3 months later) they changed this to what it is today.

Yea, but i believe in what i've seen, and on what i've heard from Dennis alot more, than something this guy claims.
But if you rather believe this dude. Be my guest Assassinho :) I'll still prove you wrong, maybe not about the shared exp. But about that it's not impossible to "update" this server. Main restrictions for this would be lack of time, experience and will. But we have a good team here.

hope you prove me wrong indeed:) time will tell u guessxd

An "expandable" 100% copy of RealOTS will never exist buddy, that's what I've been trying to get through to you. The proper resources to do it do not exist.
-Remember! Similar ≠ the same! :)

Very very few will play your server, you'll realize that, and I'll finally get the last laugh. You seem to be too blind to see that however.

Why couldn't you of just said that in the beginning instead of ruining your rep/sounding like an ignorant child? :D

While Ezzz does a good job, you just live for shitting, give attendance to do something better to screw the community, i dont know what do you want to win with your absurd comparisons, let others do their job and do not fuck more.

Another thing, you're the one that looks like a child, someone with lack of arguments, and that only talks about the same thing.

Bye

While Ezzz does a good job, you just live for shitting, give attendance to do something better to screw the community, i dont know what do you want to win with your absurd comparisons, let others do their job and do not fuck more.

Another thing, you're the one that looks like a child, someone with lack of arguments, and that only talks about the same thing.

Bye

who the fk are u

Guys, stop the hate already. Ezzz is partially right with his statements about the modability on the RealOTS files (considering the difficulty). Everything is possible within programming and reverse engineering. Everything can be altered/changed. It's just that it would recuire A LOT and I mean A LOT of work and skill to be able to change something major in the already compiled game-server. It IS possible, but I don't think many people can pull such a thing of. That's why Ezzz is saying it's not possible, just because it's really, really hard. Both OT's are and will be great in their own way. RealOTS for their 100% 7.7 server and Ezzz clone for let's say 95-99% of RealOTS + he can change everything with ease.

So guys, pls. Stop it already.

Ruuska, did it work to change frag time and time for redskull? If not then I'd like to know. Last realots by Iryont failed mostly because of the frag time. No one took skull, no one took frag, people got bored and the OT died.

Did it work with light bolts (better dmg) and higher attack on weapons for knights?

If these things work, then I look forward to the launch. If not, I wont be wasting 100 euro on donation roses in order to pg, and then quit after 3 months of pging and 2 weeks of boring wars. Speaking of bad experience from Iyronts realots. Worst ot I ever played.

So much hate!

Ofcourse its harder to work with realots than OT files, but its not impossible. Ruuska have already stated that he have used a professional programming company to help him with editing the files, and I'm sure when the server gets up running and money starts flowing than it wont be a problem to pay a professional to do the hard stuff.

Reeeeelaaax guys, everything can't be done over night.

a small tip: When you know everything is 10000.0000% fixxed and ready. Make an announchment like 1 week before and fix this website.

I never said that at all. There's a huge difference between Oldschool OT's (like Realots) and a noob OT where items sell for 3x. If beginner items sold for 3x their normal price to make up for a 1x old rate then everything would be all out of whack. Especially mages because they can mass hunt Mino and Orc spawns much sooner than any other vocation. A few lootbags and they would have promotion and AOL on the first day. Hence why you're an idiot and why nobody agrees with your terrible suggestion. You never played RealOts before, or clearly any decent Old-school Ot at that so do everyone a favor and stfu, you're wasting valuable thread space.

The issue with mages being able to hunt minos/orc spawns so easy, is not due to the exp rate. Its due to the bullshit created by wands. period. But im sure you LOVE wands/rods because it makes mages the easiest voc to exp. (No lull time for 'pg lv' and in the end, fastest exp/h)

I won't bother getting into a "I played here" argument with you. I did play Realots, and almost any serv I ever played I was top lv in. (Voc doesnt matter). W.e though, good to know your incapable of ratios/fractions. As I stated, 3x loot with 3x exp, is LITERALLY just a 1x server that takes 1/3 of the time to get to the same place a 1x would be. There is nothing imbalanced with that. Idc if any1 agrees with me, hence why its a suggestion not a demand.

Use logic instead or ur anger. Seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back