• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Transferring Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just randomly thought of this and was hoping you would also find it to be useful or nice to have.

Basically, you can give away your premium time to other members, but with restrictions.

1. For every month you give away, you must wait a month to give again (to minimize loss).
2. You cannot give premium to users which are currently banned (duh).
3. You can only give premium time to members who currently have premium (to prevent leaks of TFS).

How can this be useful?

1. You want to be a nice person and give some premium to another member or a good friend of yours who can't afford it.

It's only a suggestion, what do you think?

Please discuss here, but keep 'flaming and off-topic discussion' to a minimum. Thank you.

J.Dre

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I just randomly thought of this and was hoping you would also find it possibly, quite useful.

Basically, you can give away your premium time to other members, but with restrictions.

1. For every month you give away, you must wait a month to give again (to minimize loss).
2. You cannot give premium to users which are currently banned (duh).
3. You can only give premium time to members who currently have premium (to prevent leaks of TFS).

How can this be useful?

1. You have two users, but you want to start using another more, so you don't have to buy premium again, you transfer it.
2. You want to be a nice person and give some premium to another member or a good friend of yours who can't afford it.

It's only a suggestion, what do you think?

Please discuss here, but keep 'flaming and off-topic discussion' to a minimum. Thank you.

J.Dre

Sounds good but look at the bolded writing in quote

How can this be useful?

1. You have two users, but you want to start using another more, so you don't have to buy premium again, you transfer it.
2. You want to be a nice person and give some premium to another member or a good friend of yours who can't afford it.

1. If you're going to buy the premium here, you should think twice, on which user would you like to use it... Whats the point of switching between users?
2. Then income cash for Otland would decrease suddenly. Anyway: if you're going to create your own server, on which you will earn money, then if you'll compare the premium cost between OTServer income money, you will notice that its not that expensive!

Disagree.

1. If you're going to buy the premium here, you should think twice, on which user would you like to use it... Whats the point of switching between users?
2. Then income cash for Otland would decrease suddenly. Anyway: if you're going to create your own server, on which you will earn money, then if you'll compare the premium cost between OTServer income money, you will notice that its not that expensive!

Disagree.

It may decrease the overall income of OtLand by 10%~, but we're speaking about donations, not product sales.

If I donate once, you should be grateful enough to allow me to transfer the benefits to whomever I want. If it were a product, then of course this idea is not good.

Last edited:
I like this idea to be honest, I support J.Dre.

Vendeliko also has a point, what about e-mai confirmation when you transfer it?

I did not read the whole topic, but one thing that really bugs me.
What's the point of having two users?

I just want to point out that having two users is essentially against the rules as almost always that hidden user is just there to troll and flame a specific person or thread, and if you need more than one user then it cannot be for a good cause.

Also this would be detrimental to OTland as it would result in less donations meaning less revenue, which in turn leads to trouble with OTland, and well, let's just say you don't want that.

This isn't about having multiple users, why are you all speaking of this? Forget about that and consider the other aspects & main point of having this option available.

@Leftwing: The small loss could be countered with an increase in the donation prices.

Last edited:
I'm just still not getting the point of this idea.
What is its SOLE purpose? Sending premium to another premium member?

EDIT: @up, INCREASED donation amounts? You mean price? OKAY, I officially disapprove.

@Evan: If I plan to retire and my friend is still a member, I may want to give him my remaining premium time.

That's one plausible scenario.

EDIT: @up, INCREASED donation amounts? You mean price? OKAY, I officially disapprove.

I myself would be willing to donate a lot more, based on how much I appreciate the hard work the TFS Developers put in to making their server.

And the increase would be as little as $1-3, per user. It could make a substantial difference.

@Evan: If I plan to retire and my friend is still a member, I may want to give him my remaining premium time.

That's one plausible scenario.

Not even remotely a very convincing reason.

Not even remotely a very convincing reason.

I would only like to have this feature available, it doesn't mean anyone has to utilize it. You can search for all of the convincing you may need, but it's simply an option in the end.

What I wish to do with my 'donation benefits', should be my concern. However, I can't do what I wish because the features are not available.

You can PERSONALLY ASK Talaturen or someone who is responsible for donations.
Maybe they will do it under their own choice, yes, this means there should be no automated system to do this.

I still don't see a benefit in this, you give a donation to show appreciation to the TFS Developers, and you get a Premium Account as a gift, which in turn lets you Beta Test TFS 0.4

And your point is "I'm leaving, so I'm transfering the appreciation I gave you guys to user X", it makes no sense, if on the other hand you had bought the Premium Account, then I could consider a maybe, but since getting Premium is a donation gift, its a gift, therefore intransmissible.

You can PERSONALLY ASK Talaturen or someone who is responsible for donations.
Maybe they will do it under their own choice, yes, this means there should be no automated system to do this.

You are against this option being available, yet you have no grounds as to why it would be better to not have it.

Yes, it can be seen as unnecessary. But it's only an OPTION, not something that would interfere with anyone directly.

Edit: Using the invisible feature, to hide yourself from users can be seen as unnecessary, but it still exists.

You are against this option being available, yet you have no grounds as to why it would be better to not have it.

Yes, it can be seen as unnecessary. But it's only an OPTION, not something that would interfere with anyone directly.
Unnecessary stuff is useless, why have something it would have next to 0 use, its kinda like IH Runes, they are there but no one uses them

@Invisible Feature - I believe its something that comes default with vBulletin, while this would have to be implemented/bought/obtained (idk how vBulletin works on the backgrounds)

Unnecessary stuff is useless, why have something it would have next to 0 use, its kinda like IH Runes, they are there but no one uses them

And if this was already a readily available option, would you be making threads about removing it? Most likely not, unless it caused problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back