• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[UnitedStates][Custom] Terra Silenti

I will only say one thing for now: I think you're really overestimating the intelligence and dedication of the average Tibia player. I'm usually the first to cheer when a custom server is being developed but deviating so much from the Open Tibia server formula is going to keep a lot of players away. No matter how good the server is, noone finds it fun to play a server with only 2-3 other players.

its to "hardcore" to be hardcore. estimated average player count per day. 2....

Death makes really really good high rate FUN servers. going serious and hardcore is a bad branch on a solid tree....

Maybe with the task NPC you could possibly make an option to say Current to him and he could tell you which ones your working on incase you forget for some reason. Cause some of the monsters you cant find and forget about the task. Iuno just my two cents.

I will only say one thing for now: I think you're really overestimating the intelligence and dedication of the average Tibia player. I'm usually the first to cheer when a custom server is being developed but deviating so much from the Open Tibia server formula is going to keep a lot of players away. No matter how good the server is, noone finds it fun to play a server with only 2-3 other players.

I do not think I am underestimating people. Hubris is foolish, and underestimating people is always a bad idea. Overestimating them however is always beneficial! yes there may be a higher attrition rate early on as people are confused, and yes "some" may just find it too complicated. Though from what I have seen people are pretty damn smart, and we all take time to learn new things. The careful layering of the systems into the time of play integration that was noted by some to be a flaw is intentional as part of a design that allows for a complicated system without an overwhelming feeling. As I stated before, the development into the systems is gradual! and this is why it can afford to be complicated and hardcore. You will not need to enchant early, nor socket, nor buy hp, nor really worry about bleeding out. As you grow into the systems each of these will come into a more important role the further along you go, adding the complexity to keep things interesting while keeping it from being overwhelming as a whole.

And yes the task NPC could use a current task feature, though low on the priority, it will go in at some point. There are still some larger more critical bugs needing attention.

Too hardcore? Naaah man, it's actually really softcore until you are nearing the 3/4ths gear chain on grade. As prior to that the quality(T) and enchants/sockets are not ultra important, stocking up on gear is easy...just don't mash a few sets with a hammer, these is a smooth hardcore if you really think about it. Only OVER the TOP is TAXED really. Investors into their own stats, like hp/mp will probably fare better through early progression than the gear investors due to all the swapping factors. To be honest, played right it's easy mode to not only get back to your body, but die and not lose loot, to protect your asset and even if you lose it, to recover gracefully. Even getting rooked can be helpful for fame development. It's pretty damn tight :p I'm even impressed by the outcome of a lot of it once it's working together, it makes for a really cool set of features.

Have some faith guys :) It's going to be amazing :D

Not gonna lie, your server is just plain brilliant. I find it very fun and well thought out, maybe even close to perfect. But it doesnt have many active players to keep the server flowing. Like YetAnotherUser said, nobody likes to play a server with just 2-3 other people...

But I will certainly keep an eye on this server. If the player base picks up when its released I will probably play this full time if deathzot turns out to be a bust...

I really appreciate this comment of yours. The playerbase is only from this threat as well and I intentionally stifled it's catch by making a nasty wall of text as the first post, not including pictures, and not posting it anywhere else. I wanted a small rough crew of alpha testers to hash it out, help me out, and that I could keep track of, not only for the release and giving them rewards for the help but so I knew who was helpful and who was not really. To be enjoyable a server like this really needs a full community, but the less people who are in the alpha, the better off the playable life of the release will be, given all the bugs are sorted.

Lots more to be done, and I have no intent to stop so time will sort it out :D

And if something is not right, I will work on it until it is :D

Thanks for the feedback.

i really want this server to be good. i know you make the best of the best on the market and your track record proves it.
always looked up to you as a creator and jumped into projects ive seen you make. you have Godlike power in my eyes.
but this project is looking Alot like its going to be the project that couldnt.... packed with yes, lots and lots of cool things. But when people are trying to learn these new things
it really turns into more of a headache than they want and infact WILL quit before digging deeper.
now maybe you want to weed these people out, cause they are usually the fodder of the server. but you need a mix of diversity always >.>
just so many things that should be there to make it feel more like normal Ots just to feel comfortable and then work you into all the systems vs Thors hammer right on the head when u start telling you that you need to learn all these things pretty quick or fail.

and bleed... im never going to shut up about this... is a player base destroyer..... Fact, sumone dies with bleed and loses ALL their equipment.. they WILL quit, regardless if they can get a set back real easy or not.. if ur bleeding in pvp and then sumone 1 shots u, it still counts as bleed death (or from what ive seen when ive killed people) and they lost Everything.
ive also been bleeding while out hunting and died, lost everything from a creature overpowering me. not the bleed.

i just dont want to see this be the grand masterpiece that 2 people play....
your at your best with Smooth high rate exp servers and this aint it. and we are in need of a smooth high rate exp server on otservlist again......
make a new server with styles like Zot and Chaos mixed with all the vocs of Roa and you will have an Empire to sit on.... 100k server

17:08 You see shallow water.
Position: [X: 1382] [Y: 1737] [Z: 7].

map bug? theres a stone there.

i really want this server to be good. i know you make the best of the best on the market and your track record proves it.
always looked up to you as a creator and jumped into projects ive seen you make. you have Godlike power in my eyes.
but this project is looking Alot like its going to be the project that couldnt.... packed with yes, lots and lots of cool things. But when people are trying to learn these new things
it really turns into more of a headache than they want and infact WILL quit before digging deeper.
now maybe you want to weed these people out, cause they are usually the fodder of the server. but you need a mix of diversity always >.>
just so many things that should be there to make it feel more like normal Ots just to feel comfortable and then work you into all the systems vs Thors hammer right on the head when u start telling you that you need to learn all these things pretty quick or fail.

and bleed... im never going to shut up about this... is a player base destroyer..... Fact, sumone dies with bleed and loses ALL their equipment.. they WILL quit, regardless if they can get a set back real easy or not.. if ur bleeding in pvp and then sumone 1 shots u, it still counts as bleed death (or from what ive seen when ive killed people) and they lost Everything.
ive also been bleeding while out hunting and died, lost everything from a creature overpowering me. not the bleed.

i just dont want to see this be the grand masterpiece that 2 people play....
your at your best with Smooth high rate exp servers and this aint it. and we are in need of a smooth high rate exp server on otservlist again......
make a new server with styles like Zot and Chaos mixed with all the vocs of Roa and you will have an Empire to sit on.... 100k server

I'm not going to abandon this project. I will consider what you said, and run it through time. Not all but some of the opinions expressed I can only help buy feel as over exaggerated. They do not have any need to really learn the systems in 1 day, or even 1 week, it could take weeks to learn whats up and you will be totally fine. With that said, the time frame is rather smooth if you consider a more robust set of medium for delivering the information, such as developed wiki's more information on the page and more players to talk with and learn from.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple short and sweet of what a player needs to know.

Wounds hurt you, and heal up over time. you gain them by getting hurt.
Equipment gets better as you progress. If you are confused just look at an item and try to guess if it is better than what you have by comparing it to yours.
You need to learn spells, mostly you will find them hunting, if not talk to the npc.
Food is an extra way to heal.
A red skull is a good way to get dead and loose items.
You can easily return to your body with certain eleonan runestones.
You can buy hp and mp
You run around and kill monsters to level.
Fame is automatic, nothing much to learn with any importance here, the system will keep you up to date until you care to learn more about it.

Half of these are basic rules of a game, such as gear getting better and food helping you! same thing people seen in skyrim and other games.

aight man. ill let it play out and not argue anymore with ya. give it time to let stuff get implemented and development further to give it a good solid run again. but maybe u can keep this page informed if some large additions get made? i know u aint the best on keeping public aware on all the little things ya do. but update news gets my attention and im sure some others (or at leased hopefully)

Disclaimer: What I'm about to say is simply my opinion.

I think the "custom vocation" system is a great idea. However, I don't think it is a great idea to expect every player to be equal. Players love to specialize. Everyone can use every spell and every armor, so practically the only way we can specialize in something is by choosing which weapon we want to use. This is like choosing our "vocation". You say that distance weapons are used for large monsters. This, to me, is a very bad idea. Weapons should be balanced, as to give players a choice: which weapon do you want to use? Every weapon type should have the possibility of becoming a primary weapon. If all distance weapons are expensive and only for bosses, then you're making the whole "archer" vocation unpractical for every day use. Of course, you can have certain weapons such as ice rapiers that are very expensive and break easily but are very powerful, and you can make certain weapon types be more useful for certain tasks (for example, giving the club a greater area of effect while giving the sword a higher damage but only one target) but you can't make an entire weapon type be situational for one specific task. You have to give the players a chance to specialize in something. Restricting entire weapon types for specific tasks is almost like restricting entire vocations to certain specific situation. If I'm a melee warrior with 120 sword skill, I don't want to have to switch to bow and arrow to kill a demon. I understand you may want every player to be able to use every weapon and have specific weapon types be good for specific situations but by this you are removing the customization elements of Tibia, which are extremely important in MMORPGs.
You may say that you can customize your character through gear, sockets and enchantments, but this isn't really customization. You can't define your character based on your gear, since you can simply take it out and trade it for something different.

Also, I think you should change the upgrades you can buy with points. Right now you can buy +1 skill, which is a bad idea, since you can easily lose it by dying, and since skills are harder to level when they're higher then everyone will just wait until they're 100+ in a specific skill to buy it with points. You should be able to buy something that is permanent, like +5% damage for example. This also opens up the possibilities of not only buying weapon skills (which only affect weapon damage) but also things like attack speed, run speed, chance of mitigating damage, etc (that are based on percentage values and not on skills). This expands the possibility of customization a whole lot.

Disclaimer: What I'm about to say is simply my opinion.

I think the "custom vocation" system is a great idea. However, I don't think it is a great idea to expect every player to be equal. Players love to specialize. Everyone can use every spell and every armor, so practically the only way we can specialize in something is by choosing which weapon we want to use. This is like choosing our "vocation". You say that distance weapons are used for large monsters. This, to me, is a very bad idea. Weapons should be balanced, as to give players a choice: which weapon do you want to use? Every weapon type should have the possibility of becoming a primary weapon. If all distance weapons are expensive and only for bosses, then you're making the whole "archer" vocation unpractical for every day use. Of course, you can have certain weapons such as ice rapiers that are very expensive and break easily but are very powerful, and you can make certain weapon types be more useful for certain tasks (for example, giving the club a greater area of effect while giving the sword a higher damage but only one target) but you can't make an entire weapon type be situational for one specific task. You have to give the players a chance to specialize in something. Restricting entire weapon types for specific tasks is almost like restricting entire vocations to certain specific situation. If I'm a melee warrior with 120 sword skill, I don't want to have to switch to bow and arrow to kill a demon. I understand you may want every player to be able to use every weapon and have specific weapon types be good for specific situations but by this you are removing the customization elements of Tibia, which are extremely important in MMORPGs.
You may say that you can customize your character through gear, sockets and enchantments, but this isn't really customization. You can't define your character based on your gear, since you can simply take it out and trade it for something different.

Also, I think you should change the upgrades you can buy with points. Right now you can buy +1 skill, which is a bad idea, since you can easily lose it by dying, and since skills are harder to level when they're higher then everyone will just wait until they're 100+ in a specific skill to buy it with points. You should be able to buy something that is permanent, like +5% damage for example. This also opens up the possibilities of not only buying weapon skills (which only affect weapon damage) but also things like attack speed, run speed, chance of mitigating damage, etc (that are based on percentage values and not on skills). This expands the possibility of customization a whole lot.

Fine, I will dissect this and spend more of my time, that I could be making things better with it. Though I do not mind, if this is what is preferred.

I think the "custom vocation" system is a great idea. However, I don't think it is a great idea to expect every player to be equal. Players love to specialize. Everyone can use every spell and every armor, so practically the only way we can specialize in something is by choosing which weapon we want to use. This is like choosing our "vocation".
No players are equal because they specialize as they play, by the actions they choose they become unique by skill sets. Perhaps when you sleep at night, you meditate and spell train, perhaps I will spend my nights with nightshade training my skills. We will not be identical. This gives us a lot of diversity, as well as no "pseudo reality" adoption of accepted limitation!! Why would you want to be a knight, when you could be a knight, a sorcerer, a druid and a paladin? It's is competently absurd, and it is not the classes but the false sense of belonging to a title you are looking for. To be somewhat of a "eliteist" in a field, however you can be that in a no vocation system even more so!!! It has been well discovered that people would prefer to be limitless, though getting them to see this is so difficult.

You say that distance weapons are used for large monsters. This, to me, is a very bad idea. Weapons should be balanced, as to give players a choice: which weapon do you want to use? Every weapon type should have the possibility of becoming a primary weapon.
This is an easy one, may I point out to you this... "fist fighting". How about the countless inbalances in the core tibia system as a whole, easier leveling by the distance users for years, the pvp advantages for distance, honestly the list is extensive. The point being that in my system it is at least closer to being more well designed, and even cipsoft could not balance distance really with melee. I have an idea about this that may explain it better to you.

Would you rather have someone chasing you with a sword or chasing you and shooting you with crossbow bolts? Bttom line is I did not make the rules of the universe man. Ranged"Distance" weaponry is so far superior that melee weaponry is hardly viable in comparison. Where as the saying goes "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight" I did not make the rules of the universe really I just need to follow them and understand them. Distance weaponry is better!! even by making it weaker it is still better!! and even if you implement it is a weak state for common use, people complain until it is of equal power and then abused. Distance is better flat out, period, and it is limited for that reason. It will be less limited once the artisan skills are in to perform crafting of wooden objects, however for now, I have in my opinion successfully negated the statement quoted.

If I'm a melee warrior with 120 sword skill, I don't want to have to switch to bow and arrow to kill a demon.
That would never be the case. The ammo would be an additional means to destroy a target faster as in a bonus over standard means. Standard means being normal weapons and spells.

This is another easy one to answer. I did not say that gear customizes you, I said the way you play does.

Fame does, what mount you ride does, weather or not you are premium does, how much health you have bought, how much mana you have bought, if you choose to play as a hp buffertank or if you choose to manashield tank and use less spells. What weapons you choose to augment that playstyle and how hard your skills are developed, the levels you have earned and where you also chose to spend the extra !points gained. GEAR ONLY AUGMENTS ALL OF THESE BASELINE FACTORS. assisting in creating more complicated diversity though % based systems, where someone can become seriously focused in one direction or a jack of all and a master of none.

Some of this is good comment and some bad. Health and mana are the real choices, the others are optional for assassins. You may not understand this but choosing a skill is a % damage add, but one that can be lost! this is good because we do not want people running around who have a permanent 500% damage or something of the sort. The fact it can be lost makes it a gamble and since the points are expendable no required extras! and h[/mp can be bought in game with currency.... everything is negated systematically!! That is why it is set up as it is.

No players are equal because they specialize as they play, by the actions they choose they become unique by skill sets. Perhaps when you sleep at night, you meditate and spell train, perhaps I will spend my nights with nightshade training my skills. We will not be identical. This gives us a lot of diversity, as well as no "pseudo reality" adoption of accepted limitation!!
This is not customization. Customization (or at least, my definition of customization) is when you modify your character permanently (or semi permanently), in a way that makes you different from others. This is important because nobody wants to play a server where everyone is exactly the same as the others.

Why would you want to be a knight, when you could be a knight, a sorcerer, a druid and a paladin? It's is competently absurd, and it is not the classes but the false sense of belonging to a title you are looking for. To be somewhat of a "eliteist" in a field, however you can be that in a no vocation system even more so!!! It has been well discovered that people would prefer to be limitless, though getting them to see this is so difficult.
I'm sorry, but I do not share the same views that you do. I also do not think that many other players also share these views. If they did, then why would almost every MMORPG have different classes and specializations?

This is an easy one, may I point out to you this... "fist fighting". How about the countless inbalances in the core tibia system as a whole, easier leveling by the distance users for years, the pvp advantages for distance, honestly the list is extensive. The point being that in my system it is at least closer to being more well designed, and even cipsoft could not balance distance really with melee. I have an idea about this that may explain it better to you.
I never said that Tibia is balanced... I don't see why you're comparing your server to real Tibia.

Would you rather have someone chasing you with a sword or chasing you and shooting you with crossbow bolts? Bttom line is I did not make the rules of the universe man.
Yes you did!! You are the creator of this universe! You make the rules! Tibia is not realistic and it will never be, why does it have to fit the "rules" of the real world? And as I said, I don't have any problem with certain weapons being more fit for specific situations, like wands being better for hunting and distance weapons for bosses. This however doesn't mean that it's a good idea to make distance weapons completely unpractical for regular hunting.

Ranged"Distance" weaponry is so far superior that melee weaponry is hardly viable in comparison. Where as the saying goes "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight" I did not make the rules of the universe really I just need to follow them and understand them. Distance weaponry is better!! even by making it weaker it is still better!! and even if you implement it is a weak state for common use, people complain until it is of equal power and then abused. Distance is better flat out, period, and it is limited for that reason. It will be less limited once the artisan skills are in to perform crafting of wooden objects, however for now, I have in my opinion successfully negated the statement quoted.
This isn't the real world, man. Why are you trying so hard to compare it to the real world? We don't play Tibia for a realistic experience!

This is another easy one to answer. I did not say that gear customizes you, I said the way you play does.

Fame does, what mount you ride does, weather or not you are premium does, how much health you have bought, how much mana you have bought, if you choose to play as a hp buffertank or if you choose to manashield tank and use less spells. What weapons you choose to augment that playstyle and how hard your skills are developed, the levels you have earned and where you also chose to spend the extra !points gained. GEAR ONLY AUGMENTS ALL OF THESE BASELINE FACTORS. assisting in creating more complicated diversity though % based systems, where someone can become seriously focused in one direction or a jack of all and a master of none.
But here's the thing. Very few of those things are actually customization. Only the hp and mp are permanent! So you can either choose to play as a meat shield or a mana tank, that's it! And if you agree with % based systems, why do you disagree with using this same system for stat points? Because stat points are permanent? Well, that's the point! Customizing your character in a permanent (or semi permanent) way!

Some of this is good comment and some bad. Health and mana are the real choices, the others are optional for assassins. You may not understand this but choosing a skill is a % damage add, but one that can be lost! this is good because we do not want people running around who have a permanent 500% damage or something of the sort. The fact it can be lost makes it a gamble and since the points are expendable no required extras! and h[/mp can be bought in game with currency.... everything is negated systematically!! That is why it is set up as it is.
Why do you say that having 500% damage is bad? I honestly don't see why would you think this is bad. Because he'll "be too powerful"? Then balance the monsters so they have more hp, or so he gains less %damage per level! Nobody likes losing the stats they worked so hard on. Especially the stats they acquired through level. And as I said, this allows for much more customization, since instead of %damage he'll get, perhaps, %run speed. Which will allow him to be a better archer since he'll be able to run away from his enemies. Or %spell damage, if he decides to be a wizard. Or %damage reduction, if he wants to be a tank. You have this opportunity here to give the players a lot of customization, which almost every player enjoys. Even if the percentages are minimal!

I understand that you want people to either get HP or MP, since those are the "real choices". This worked excellently in Chaos OT for example, but in Chaos OT there were vocations. Here there are no vocations, you're limited to either having tons of hp, or tons of mp, or somewhere in between. Or a lot of each if you're a donator. And I just don't think this will work. Every player will use the exact same spells and have the exact same equipment (the one with the most damage). The only difference is that some guys will use utamo vita and others won't. That's it.

Last edited:
i hate to be the bully here but this guys pretty well right on how i think the people most likely feel >.>

Played for about an hour or so, got lvl 40 was having fun. Than I died.. lost everything I had in my bp. No AOL system? Forget this, had fun while it lasted. Losing all my money and my items pretty much cut the deal though.

Edit:
Also want to add in, it was while I was swimming and died by a Brutal Toad that walked out into the water to kill me.

No client for linux? too bad :/ i was just hoping to try it out

after beta on release only. unless i get help

- - - Updated - - -

Played for about an hour or so, got lvl 40 was having fun. Than I died.. lost everything I had in my bp. No AOL system? Forget this, had fun while it lasted. Losing all my money and my items pretty much cut the deal though.

Edit:
Also want to add in, it was while I was swimming and died by a Brutal Toad that walked out into the water to kill me.

too bad you have such a weak resolve.

Back