• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
I got this from the Archer (Desert) Seal of the quest.

19:25 You see a Soul Reaper (Range:7, Atk+15, Hit%+5). It can only be wielded properly by archers and exalted archers of level 150 or higher. It weighs 45.00 oz.

It's better than the donator bow by +2 attack.

I got this from the Archer (Desert) Seal of the quest.

19:25 You see a Soul Reaper (Range:7, Atk+15, Hit%+5). It can only be wielded properly by archers and exalted archers of level 150 or higher. It weighs 45.00 oz.

It's better than the donator bow by +2 attack.
How long did it take to do the quest?

7 man team, took them 2 hours 15 mins for that seal. pretty small and under leveled team but they managed it

It's laughable to call it a 7 man team. It was more than 10 and all of them, especially the tank (important here), have the Donor gear which gives flat % damage reduction. Not to mention most if not all the shooters had their respective sets/weapons.

It's laughable to call it a 7 man team. It was more than 10 and all of them, especially the tank (important here), have the Donor gear which gives flat % damage reduction. Not to mention most if not all the shooters had their respective sets/weapons.

And then they tried to do more of it and died several times all of them, even with the 20%~ damage reduction from the donor set. But hey, doable without it, just gotta be lvl 500 and have a team of 50 people :rolleyes:

7 man team? might actually be true.. Jaed had his bard on auto heal with follow on someone and played on his archer. (as much as I saw from the stream)

Cerberus, Grumpy, and Broshran do not have donator sets, 3/10~ people that was doing it with us, and we were still under-leveled for the quest. In addition, most of the 2-3 hours spent was us trying to figure out the strategy of the quest, the mechanics of the mobs, and which path to go down as we went 2 different directions before finding the right path.

Also, the seal for the Guardian weapon was 10x easier than the Desert seal, took much less time, and we did it with about 7 players.

7 man team? might actually be true.. Jaed had his bard on auto heal with follow on someone and played on his archer. (as much as I saw from the stream)

And yes, 2/10 characters there were me :) Real skills.

I have been a part of the OpenTibia community for a number of years now and honestly do not understand all the hate that this server is getting..

Let's address donations from an objective standpoint: Please take a look at every successful OT in the past and try finding a number of them that did not offer donation sets. This server AT LEAST offers a set that can be obtainable in game (albeit difficult) that can out perform a donation set. Most servers offer a donation set as an end game set with no motivation to continue grinding. Why so many people are taken back by this really surprises me. To those that are over 11 years old, running a server costs a lot of money especially when paired with 200+ players and DDoS protection.

The admin has addressed nearly every concern on this forum constantly replying and making a conscious effort to fix problems that the community is facing yet receives the same illogical criticism. Yes, the server was hyped and to some, it did not deliver. But that statement in itself is a subjective one, I see a stable and well run server with many different features and most importantly, a server that can grow. Most servers you see nowadays revolve around a static RL tibia framework. I wish there were more custom spells and tactical gaming techniques but that doesn't deny the fact that in the future, it will become the optimal server.

What I absolutely did despise was the fact that all these features came with a teleport room. That part of the server almost made me quit from the very beginning but luckily I gave it a shot and have been enjoying it so far, although in the future, I would really love to see more cities implemented with spawns and hidden quests. That is my most desired request for this server moving forward.

All the best to the admins, I think you have a wonderful server here, don't stop listening to the logical criticism and make this server great.

I have been a part of the OpenTibia community for a number of years now and honestly do not understand all the hate that this server is getting..

Let's address donations from an objective standpoint: Please take a look at every successful OT in the past and try finding a number of them that did not offer donation sets. This server AT LEAST offers a set that can be obtainable in game (albeit difficult) that can out perform a donation set. Most servers offer a donation set as an end game set with no motivation to continue grinding. Why so many people are taken back by this really surprises me. To those that are over 11 years old, running a server costs a lot of money especially when paired with 200+ players and DDoS protection.

The admin has addressed nearly every concern on this forum constantly replying and making a conscious effort to fix problems that the community is facing yet receives the same illogical criticism. Yes, the server was hyped and to some, it did not deliver. But that statement in itself is a subjective one, I see a stable and well run server with many different features and most importantly, a server that can grow. Most servers you see nowadays revolve around a static RL tibia framework. I wish there were more custom spells and tactical gaming techniques but that doesn't deny the fact that in the future, it will become the optimal server.

What I absolutely did despise was the fact that all these features came with a teleport room. That part of the server almost made me quit from the very beginning but luckily I gave it a shot and have been enjoying it so far, although in the future, I would really love to see more cities implemented with spawns and hidden quests. That is my most desired request for this server moving forward.

All the best to the admins, I think you have a wonderful server here, don't stop listening to the logical criticism and make this server great.

Honestly, a lot of players in gaming just over-estimate the value of their opinion and perspective, and think that whatever is going to give them the best experience (fuck everyone else's experience), is best. When I started this server, I started with no one. I kept to myself until I met someone who introduced me to Redemption, and from there I spend hours figuring out the game and its mechanics. Mind you, not even 2 days earlier I had completely trashed the cash shop and the hopes for this server.

I wasn't just going to be some opinionated douchbag and rag on this server without actually playing it, and once I began having fun on it (by myself, mind you), I then donated. From there, myself and Xemos just kind of teamed up because I became the highest leveled bard and he was the highest level berserker, and then turned guardian, and needed a healer that was going to be active. From this we discovered how potent leveling in PoI was, and then moved to bogs, and have been the ones pretty much responsible for people knowing exactly how to play this server from leveling up, to questing, to tasking, to addons, to everything.

No one cares to discover anything on their own, and wants it spoon-fed to them. I no-lifed for 36 hours straight on my bard at one point, to get where I am.

However, I see people logging in and are too lazy to figure out what to do so they make bs statements such as there are no low level quests. There's no mid-level solo content (also bullshit). There's no this, no that, and the other; all of which is untrue. There are very few opinions I share with others, such as the fact that the cash shop provides an insanely unfair advantage over others when starting out. But at this point, what's your excuse? In the coming week we'll be doing this new quest until we master it, Ramparts level 2, and even Enflamed Lords (which we've only ever completed once). There's still a lot of high level content left to be done and discovered, but players are going to keep harping on the fact that they don't want to donate. Yet, they also dont want to save up or trade for Archon Tokens, but the high tier gear that's at the NPC Princess Sophia, and then party up to level 300 so they can actually be of some use and help Resurrected and Justice complete ALL of the seals in a timely manner and benefit the server as a whole.

EDIT:
The buff of the Berserker class has begun. Look at their new attack speed :)

My new weapon: (Start out better than Donator's, also from the level 300 quest)

21:38 You see Deaths Touch+10 (Range:5, Atk+31).
It can only be wielded properly by archers and exalted archers of level 80 or higher.
It weighs 55.00 oz. [ID 8025]

Last edited:
Best thing would be to have no bless and aol. And make it so people lose a random item upon death. Then all these free player team up and fight higher donator to actually get gear . That be totally bad-ass. Hardcore and would probably make everyone lvl slower cause people would only use donator for some very specific occasion . Just a thought,But I guess these donator just want an easy walk in the park with auto heal/follow and cavebot on for 36hour straight .

at this point you may aswell just sell leveled character.So these people don't have to waste electricity botting their char up with no real danger.
Probably asking for too much :D.

Not every successful OT has overpowered donations as the upmost best things available. The problem isn't the fact that these sets aren't the best, they're the best FOR A LONG LONG TIME, and it takes way too long to even see a set that beats it, and the one that does are being attained by mostly donators who can actually do the content.

You complain that you need more people to do the 300+ content. The problem is, you scare everyone away with the donation sets that you offer because nothing in the early levels comes even close. Not Archlight Token gear, nor Dungeon Token gear.

For fuck's sakes, about 99% of the rewards for the "quests" around the map are damn Upgrade Stones and Skill Pots. It's like no thought was put into the normal player, but every thought was accounted for with donators.

This should have been the Beta, not the bullshit Beta and Alpha I was part of. We saw the issues and now you fix them, and restart and hopefully the server is better for ALL, because right now it's just a small niche of people who donate that are continuing to play the server. My team even barely plays the server at all, and definitely won't be doing any of the "300+" content with other teams. But let's say we did. Then what? He has to make more content that requires more power, which at that point will be past donor. The issue stems from the first steps, not the later ones.

Why not just sell EXP scrolls and addons? If people cared about the server, they'd donate for those. I can list tons of servers who don't sell actual sets, let alone a CUSTOM RPG one.

This isn't some highrate 100000x rebirth server, this was supposed to be a custom RPG with custom elements. Instead, we get a half-assed attempt at custom classes, monsters, and gear. I'd put my money that besides the recent 300 patch, the most "custom" items were the Donations. That's a problem, for many people that leaves nothing to look forward to, especially when most of the server who takes it seriously is running with donor gear and still hasn't attained non-donor gear.

If the custom gear that was better than donors wasn't ready, than you should have had it ready. If it was ready, then it was implemented too late for it to matter as the people at the top are the donators, and will continue to be.

Wow so much hate on this forum.

This isn't being developed by Blizzard, this isn't even being developed by Independant Game Developers.
This server was developed as a hobby by some Otland members.

Expect bugs, expect balance issues, expect mistakes.
AAA Games have crashes, bugs, balance issues, on the day they release half the time.
And you have the BALLS to expect more from some people making an OT Server as a hobby?

AS LONG as they fix things and offer support for the game after release, and listen to your noisy complaints, you should be happy.
That is more than you'd get from most other companies.

~~EDIT~~
And for the idiot who complained about donations.
Who cares how much donations cost? You wouldn't buy them if it was $1, $5, or $50.
People will log on a server, then play a little while. When they notice they are having fun, they donate. Why? Because they like the server and want to progress faster.

Maybe you are poor, or are from an area that doesn't have paypal. Well, guess what, people suggested they add in items that compete with donation items for people who don't want to donate.

Not only did they add archlight sets, they made certain monsters able to drop items, plus they added additional items BETTER than donation sets you can ONLY get in-game. (This means, if you aren't a lazy cunt, you could technically be stronger than donation players by simply doing some work).

Bitch please leave your ignorance at the door next time and get your facts straight.

The server was and is advertised as:

"We made ArchLight to fill a need for a professional RPG server. A balanced server. A competitive server. And a long lasting server. Archlight has been developed by a professional mature group, one not here to launch an ot and take it offline 1 month later. A professional group not here to make outrageous donation items to make a quick buck."

Guess what? Of all those things the only wich are correct is the mature group (because yes, sir knighter handles the bullshit well) and the part about not being taken down after a month because it's been a week

It's the same shit as if you went into a shop, asked for the cheeseburger on the MENU and received a fucking icecream.

Did you read my edit btw? Probably not, because you just confirmed that only last hit gets kills.Do you realize how dumb it is to give kill to last hit? You want to make it so people can't get skulled with archer explosion and UE etc.. and also want to make it so people can steal monster kills from eachother?

Here is the normal scenario of this happening.
Knighter is killing hydra and Knightor comes for the last hit.
Knightor gets the kill and progresses his task for doing nothing but griefing.

Knighter has 2 options.. 1. Kill the guy, 2. leave the spawn.

Because of some retard following you around stealing your monsters you gotta either leave spawn or get skulled. For your information, people are retarded. They will instantly go attack the white skulled because they won't get PZ-lock or a frag for killing that person. What did knighter do wrong here? Knightor deserves to die.

Give a infinite potion in ramparts or sell potions in shop and put a nice level req on it. Further you get in the game the more useless your current items get, not even mentioning the custom monsters that 1 hit everyone.

You get pz locked as soon as you attack a white skull, also there are unlimited potions from a quest.

Did you read my edit btw? Probably not, because you just confirmed that only last hit gets kills.Do you realize how dumb it is to give kill to last hit? You want to make it so people can't get skulled with archer explosion and UE etc.. and also want to make it so people can steal monster kills from eachother?

Here is the normal scenario of this happening.
Knighter is killing hydra and Knightor comes for the last hit.
Knightor gets the kill and progresses his task for doing nothing but griefing.

Knighter has 2 options.. 1. Kill the guy, 2. leave the spawn.

Because of some retard following you around stealing your monsters you gotta either leave spawn or get skulled. For your information, people are retarded. They will instantly go attack the white skulled because they won't get PZ-lock or a frag for killing that person. What did knighter do wrong here? Knightor deserves to die.

Change it so most damage gets the kills as soon as possible.

And hey I will continue asuming shit because thats what gets a server forward. You can only move forward if you want to progess. You need to asume shit before you update the server to not create a side-effect you don't want to. I have already quit the server and I follow this thread in hopes for improvement. Doubt it will improve anytime soon.

Edit: in the first place, a proffesional team doesn't make a 100+ atk weapon on a rpg server. (If the rest of the weapons have half that amount.

Not to mention it doesn't add up in the first place.. If someone goes waaay into lategame Raparts 3-4 and gets a 150 atk weapon on a zerk.. Good luck... That guy will wreck everyone because pots heals nothing in comparsion.

Give a infinite potion in ramparts or sell potions in shop and put a nice level req on it. Further you get in the game the more useless your current items get, not even mentioning the custom monsters that 1 hit everyone.
OH NO, you mean you actually have to talk to, and interract with OTHER PLAYERS!? and they can effect you in a negative or positive way?

It's almost like you'd be playing an ONLINE game!?

Let people grief, if they do, you can kill them, or go to another spawn, or pay someone to kill them for you. etc.
If you don't let people grief, or troll, or pvp, or make you mad, then you basically remove all RPG from the server.

That only a team of 300+ donors can do.

Non donors help a lot in quests too, and really only the tank needs donors since the creatures hit hard, and since the quest gives items that are better than donates, all a non donor needs to be better than a donator is reach lvl 300 and complete the quest, which i would gladly help with if we get enough lvl 300's.

Meanwhile noxious where you can buy +50% exp Owner never once reads a thread or responds. Time to take deviances approach. This is why I was recommended to avoid responding. Some of otland can be incredibly cool, love alot of you, but the rest are the reason it's dieing. Sucks I hate not wanting to come read a thread. This is why 99% of servers are real maps. Much less BS. Much less work. Much more money. But I will be from now on focusing more on updating content and the server in general. Thanks to those who have actually given good feedback in a constructive way and not just a faceroll. @Flatlander @Jaed Le Raep @Deadbringer and many others.

<33333

:D

Back