• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Using Docker in OTS

gunz

GunzOT Owner
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

In recent weeks I've discovered this beautiful technology called Docker (Docker). Since I saw that TFS is already "dockerized" and there is no any discussion about it on otland I've decided to open one.

Docker is application that allows you to create separated application environments (for both production and development) similar to VM (virtual machine) but almost without any performance loss. You just configure your application once (for example AAC) - install required packages using apt-get, configure apache/nginx, configure mysql etc. and than you can run it anytime you want in the future on any other computer. You bought a new dedic ? No worries, just copy your docker images and run them there.

As a showoff I've created simple docker environment which should be suitable for most OTS developers using docker compose. It is based on requirements for my server but you can create pull requests if you want some more libs installed. It runs Apache2 + PHP 7.2 (with libs) + Mysql 5.7 + Redis + TFS Container. It uses my own images from Docker hub.
It is available on GitHub: gunzino/gunzot-docker

If you have docker installed just put your server files to /server folder and web files to /web/public folder. Than type docker-compose up in terminal. Also put your own scheme.sql.

Just out of curiosity, do you use redis only for the web part, or does your tfs also comunicate with it?

Just out of curiosity, do you use redis only for the web part, or does your tfs also comunicate with it?
Yeah we use Redis for both web & server, specially publish/sub pattern so we can easy control server from outside. We also created lua bindings and globalevents to work with Redis.

There was recommendation to include it in TFS as well but HTTP API is going to be included in tfs instead.

Back