• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Warning to all Tibia/OT Players!

Silverstone

aka Silent Reaper
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello folks

I wrote a similar thread 2 years ago, on otfans. Now I've updated it on otfans and thought I should post it here as well. I know that this is really simple, but still a lot of people do not know so. I’m going to explain on which ways you could get hacked and how to avoid it. Make sure to always be on the safe side. Hackers are everywhere, don’t give them a chance. Here goes..

• Never share accounts. Even friends you know in real life may hack you. That’s mainly because Tibia is an addicting game.
  • Never use your Tibia login for any Open Tibia server!
  • Never use Cheats you actually don’t know. There are verified Cheats, but it’s still better to not cheat.
  • Never store your Tibia login in any files on your computer. Well, actually you can, but never give it a name such as ‘Tibia login’.
  • Never login on any other page you don’t typed into the address bar yourself. Type into the address bar www.tibia.com to be on the very safe side.
  • Always scan your files that you are downloading. Make sure you always do that, when downloading from an Open Tibia community or even from a Tibia community. You really don’t want yourself ending up with a key-logger.
  • Never answer to emails, saying that your Tibia login is needed to activate a certain something. Cipsoft will never ask for such!
  • Never log on a real mates computer, when you are not 100% sure that he has not installed a key-logger to hack you. As said above it is an addicting game and even real life friends may hack you!
  • Do not use multi clients, unless you did it yourself.
  • Make sure that you have a safe and good email provider. Hotmail is one of the worst you could have, because it’s probably the easiest to hack. I suggest you to create an extra email for the tibia account only. Gmail (Googlemail) is probably a good option.
  • Remember that any file can contain a key-logger / backdoor virus, but they need to be executed as *.bat/ *.exe / *.scr~
  • Consider using Firefox or Opera instead of Internet Explorer!
  • Never give out your Tibia login to anyone.

I really hope you consider my thoughts. Pay attention, because I didn’t write this for fun. I know most of you won’t affect what I wrote, yet there are still a lot of people getting hacked. Because they aren’t aware of all the possible ways you could get hacked. As you see above, it’s a massive list of tips. Make sure you checked every single one.

I prepared a little list of things you should equip yourself with. Of course only if you don’t have a similar program already.

Microsoft Security Essentials
Very good antivirus program, it is free, and use less resources than the other alternatives! Quick install, very quick scanning.
Enter site to downlaod here.

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.0.237
Well known Anti-Virus program. It’s one of the best free Anti-Virus programs out!
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Avira AntiVir
Good Anti-Virus program. It’s also one of the best free Anti-Virus programs out! It comes with an included Firewall.
Download Free Antivirus Products

Windowsdefender
It’s an Anti-Spyware program. Download is from Microsoft. Really suggestible!
Windows Defender: Home Page

Zonealarm
I guess Zonealarm is probably one of the best free Firewalls you can get. If you are not secured with a Firewall, I recommend you to download Zonealarm.
ZoneAlarm Firewall (Windows 2000/XP) 7.0.362 - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Online-Virus scanner
Thanks Xenios, I fully forget about those. I wrote it into my to-do list, but it still got lost. An online-virus scanner is really useful. Especially if you're really unsure about a file, just upload it to the site and let it check. Several diffrent anti-virus programs will check your file on maleware!
VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan

Please make sure you always have the newest update on your operating system. On that way you avoid any possible exploit, for sure.

If you have any suggestions/questions/ideas regarding my thread, please give me feedback! I really want your feedback. I hope it atleast is going to help a few of you. Would satisfy me already..

Thanks for reading.

Yours faithfully,

Silverstone

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for stickying it and thanks to Xenios for advising me to the online scanners, they got lost somehow. Planned to include one as well.

Bump in "Sticky" section when there are only 3 "stickies" around? Necessary?

Also a easy way to hack many OT players is a custom client, such as dragon ball Z ots. Don't download anything from OTS descriptions. If its custom client only wait a few weeks for a security expert to verify how safe the client is.

Some AV's won't even detect some viruses for weeks depending on how long the virus was created. Password Stealer are very common now. If you use mozilla do not store all your passwords. Use a master password, this will stop password stealers getting your passwords.

same as Swevolutions - Latest News , they also hack their players account in real tibia and other like paypal m.m

That's NOT true. I don't know where you got that from, but that's lies. Many people have scanned the custom client we have. I had over 20000 downloads, don't you think people would notice if there was any key-logger/backdoor?

As I say every time to my players, if you feel unsure about the client, scan it.

... and about "Hacking rl tibia accs", I've warned people in the swev.se news once to not use their real tibia account numbers/passwords on this or any other OT, so why the hell would I want to steal peoples accs. I don't even play rl tibia or care about any rl tibia account. Why I warned them on my own OT is because you can never be sure when a faggothacker hacks your OT and steal all the account data. No database is secure 100%.

I don't steal my players accounts, it's up to them to believe me or not.

I'm not going to repeat myself, it's unnecessary. If you people don't trust an OT, scan the custom client and DON'T use your rl account login data. Is that hard?

Last edited:
Interesting well, the thing is that i know that a long time =) but still thanks for sharing i will also give you some reputation points.

Kind Regard's,
Pro Warbringer

Although i think for some people this might be true, but i know my friends and rls who play tibia value our friendship more then a video game , your making this sound like crack xD i do agree that percations should be taken in order to keep your acc safe, but you dont need to pick a Ot over a friend, just throwing it out there.

Although i think for some people this might be true, but i know my friends and rls who play tibia value our friendship more then a video game , your making this sound like crack xD i do agree that percations should be taken in order to keep your acc safe, but you dont need to pick a Ot over a friend, just throwing it out there.

It's not about picking an OT over a friend. If you don't want to get hacked, don't trust anybody. Obviously if you do something that opens up the possibility of your account being stolen you don't really care as much as you think you did.

And even if that isn't the case, if you're that irresponsible with your information, it deserves to be stolen.

Back