• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

what do you guys think of Mac ban?

Belthazor

Reaction score
Hey,

some times there are anoying ppl on the server like they threat the server owners for pinging or crashing the server or any outher reason and when you ip ban him he just change his ip and relog in with new account.

So my propose is to add Mac ban in to tfs so we can get rid of the abusers / hackers in 1 time.

for ppl who dont know Media Access Control address (MAC address) its hardware id of the pc / laptop NIC's

i know mac address is changeble but not that easy as changing ip.

so post here about what you think of this idea?
maby the tfs team will add this idea?

Last edited:
i second this, dunno how hard it would be, but it would be vveeerrryy useful

I don't think you can get the MAC address of a network device which is outside of your own LAN.

Then they will just change their MAC ?
Whats the difference? Dont you know that its possible? :S

belthazor said:
i know mac address is changeble but not that easy as changing ip.

Lol, I'd say its even easier if you dont have dynamic IP.

Last edited:
@up
but almost all polish kids don't know about the existance of something like that... they just disconnect and connect, usually using low software provided them by ISPs ;d

There is one ban that even if you change IP/Mac ur a still banned, it exists in punkbusters system which I had once in COD 1 coz of my brother it's name is HardWare ban and you can't be unbanned till you change your HDD or motherboard this ban some of your ID, impossible to find way over it :| When I bought new computer I could play again :)

There is one ban that even if you change IP/Mac ur a still banned, it exists in punkbusters system which I had once in COD 1 coz of my brother it's name is HardWare ban and you can't be unbanned till you change your HDD or motherboard this ban some of your ID, impossible to find way over it :| When I bought new computer I could play again :)

Its possible in PunkBuster, because its installed on your PC... d'oh :(

Well that would only be possible if the tibia client somehow sent a list of player PC hardware info to the server, which it doesn't.

lol ask atleast 10 ppl here on otland that dos he know how to change his mac address?

and i know its easy to change but like Specjalist said not only polish kids but 80% of the players who play ot dont know how to change it.

Back