• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What if...

Vee

Oldschool Tibia
Reaction score
Lets first get some facts right:

- On OpenTibia Server people are OFTEN a very high level.
- This very high level is OFTEN obtained because of botting.

What if there would be a server where the monsters don't give you any experience nor loot?
You obtain a higher level by making quests and tasks.
You also earn items upon completing these quests and tasks.

If you like the idea of this, please write so. I need something to work on.

Sincerely,
Vee

So, are you saying that Open Tibia should not have a high level? That doesn't make any sense.

You missed my point, I'm saying I want to get rid off the experience table that we all know. I don't want monsters to give experience, everything will depend on quests.
So basicly: a quest based OpenTibia Server.

I get your point Vee and I love the idea, nothing more to add at the moment. :)

/Eldin

Thanks, the regular way of playing an OT becomes...monotone, know what I mean? I want something different.

Znote is making a Quest OT maybe you two should talk to each other.

Then you have a lot of work to do, people are going to want to play a server for days.
Character progression is why we play MMORPGs. If you have only approximately 10 hours of quest work and you did it all, then what else is there to do?
The idea is great, but like I said, you need a TON of quests to even make it playable and that is gonna be hard hard work.

Evan, I know for a fact that it will bring alot of problems. It's also hard to think of quests that require some intelligence.

But then again, even botters can do quests using bot. So, if you have a quest that is repeatable, set-up a script, load it, run it, AFK.
It's a sad fate in some ways. Botters are not going away. Just make a normal server, recruit gamemasters, be the manager, make sure they are doing their duty, make sure they are active.
Then botting would diminish greatly.

So is it going to be a pvp server? Since no loot from mobs there will be no PVE lol

I think it's a unique idea, whether it would actually do well is another story. I personally don't think it would be popular, but i recon it would get a decent playbase but nothing huge.

Then you have alot of other things to consider, all items are then quest given? Or would there still be mobs that drop loot, then there would still be botters, got to remember people don't just bot to gain exp, the bot to gain an advantage in the game and to gain and horde as much shet as possible :)

ACTIVE GM is all a server needs. DONT go to a guy saying hi do you bot? ALARM ALARM ALARM , PLAYER: No,im not botting.

First of all you stay invisible. You tp to him,spy him 3min at the most and you know hes botting or not. Another way is to make a custom 99999k life monster saying you have 15second to say hi or your delete for botting. Like your invisible,summon it,wait 15sec.

Nonetheless i like the idea of a quest based server. But as being said,it would easily be abuse.Then at some point there will be no more quest. If quest are repeatable then it will easily be script. Killing quest..once again people will just take them and bot them. Best way to prevent it is an active crew. invisible,cam the guy for 3min,random tp him while he walk and see if he say WTF WTF. he will most likely stand there drinking pots/casting spell.

a note to all server owner : If you want a bot free server,dont go like 1 day ban or jail lol. You bot,your delete.

+for people trying to do serious server,dont go and make donation better then everything you can get in the game.People just buy everything turn on bot for days/weeks and just go 10vs1 other bot when they are bored.

Gosh i wish there would be a 10x exp server with 1x lootrate and active GM to check everyone.Custom a + .

I miss thanatos.

Back