• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Who will host the next RL 7.4 server?

Rune

Reaction score
Well, now it has almost been 3 weeks since Remeres ClassicTibia server shut down, with an onlinetime of almost or over (?) a year and with over 100 players online. (80 at server save and 150 at "peak times" 250 at most and it was still growing every day after a year up time)

I wounder, who will pick up this torch and continue what remere did?
The concept was great and obviusly succsessfull.
If you run an RL 7.4 server, 80-250 players will join it, there is an demand for this kind of server.

There are somethings the community of this kind of server needs tho;
Non corrupt GMS, remere and his crew was never corrupt in anyway, well, there was some grudges between some cheating polacks and Remeres and his crew but still, the GMs was just there to patroll the server to catch cheaters basicily, if i understood it right the GMS could only teleport, observer and bann, they couldnt even create items.

No donations that interfeared with the gameplay.
Remeres server accepted pure donations, and these donations did NOT give the donator any advantagements, just speciall items for show-off.

This criterias should not be so hard to fullfill, someone should be able to create a replica of 7.4 and find a good hoster or host it very good by themself.
There is an demand, everyone that was active at ClassicTibia is now looking for a new server, that means around 110 active players at any given hour of the day.
With a non advantage giving donation system someone would make atleast 2000 euros.
IF i dont remember it wrong, this was was remere made during the time he hosted it, and if i dident get the community wrong, the donations was uprising, more and more people donated everyday to contribute to the hoster.

So, who do you think will host the next most popular server?
A 7.4 replica is an proven concept that does work and there is more then 150 players waiting for someone to make this come true, once again.

Who do you think will pick up the torch?

Yeah, but Remere had to finance the server himself or atleast thats what he told us. If someone tried again I think they would need to make smaller donation rewards like change name and sex etc.

Roldera will most likely since its the only successful 7.4 up at this moment.

Roldera is not a successful server, Its full of bugs, most of the npcs does not work, you can easily make money by buying one item for 10gp, selling it for 100. I haven't seen the GM online yet, he doesnt seem to care at all about the server. Lots of quests are bugged, The server is not as it was on 7.4, Seems to be a downgraded version of 7.6 but he didnt care at all to fix the quest level req or anything as they were at 7.4
I have played a bit (lvl 60+) and the only reason is war, everything else on that OT is so bad.

And I agree with the threadstarter, If someone made a new classic tibia he would get 100+ players online all the time guaranteed. Just me and my friends are around 6-8 players who would play like every day.

I'm actually curious about this... What makes 7.4 so good compared to later versions?

simple.... its oldschool. people like the older version of tibia because (if you havnt noticed by all the "advancements to prevent botting" and the worthless "ban system" they have) its gone downhill for a long time now. they nerfed tibia so it doesnt take any skill anymore, and the chalange is the reason people play. since older versions are the only way to recapture that chalange then they play those servers.

Roldera is good, no GM influence and the best oldschool map around these days on a stable distro.

I tried some strange 7.4 servers all claiming to be the big cheese.
Well, they were not...

The thing about 7.4 is that at that time, "the old tibia", yeah i know i sound like someone trying to be cool and oldschool and w/e, had its glory time.
After 7.4 cipsoft made to many changes of the previous 7.4 tibia feeling, of course there is people that likes the versions newer than 7.4, but there is alooot of player that likes the previous version much more.
And these people are generaly older now and more mature and there is no game that is like old tibia, and i think most of the 7.4 players, atleast the ones i knew and the ones active at the forums back then, did not like the changes cipsoft was doing at 7.6-> and at this time OT was started, and i think we all dreamed that one day, we could all go back to the old game that we loved so much. A game most of our friends laughed at us while we played it, but it was so much bigger than a "game", it was an online-life-game ;)

Im now 22 years old, and i was 13-16 when i was "addicted" to Tibia, back then it was so much more than a game.
hmmm, well, i cant really explain it, i havent played later versions than 7.6 7.7 but still, i agree with people that 7.4 might be more boring and harder, but still, its a great game, a game that is much more non forgiving and have a total other feeling than the newer versions.
I remember when the wands came, and the life fluids, it was just not the same.
The community was not the same, the need of other people was not the same, the value of gold was not the same, it was just another game.

I read at classictibias unofficial forum and i so hope that what iryont and Xyvero is comming true, and i hope so much that the one hosting this server will be non-corrupt MAINTAINER of Tibia 7.4.

/Rune

Back